What's new

Movie(s) you think you should not have watched?

MeAndroo said:
Another movie that was a waste of time was American Pie 2. It's the only time I managed to fall asleep in a theatre.
I thought that American Pie 3 was the worst of the bunch, myself.

If anyone has seen "Manos: The Hands of Fate", then they know just how bad a movie can get! Talk about sucking out your will to live!

Mikawa Ossan said:
I thought that American Pie 3 was the worst of the bunch, myself.
If anyone has seen "Manos: The Hands of Fate", then they know just how bad a movie can get! Talk about sucking out your will to live!

I'm not saying American Pie 2 was the worst, but this is about movies you've seen. I haven't seen part 3, and hope to be able to cling to that claim until I'm rotting in the ground.

How bad does a movie have to be before it's just funny? I personally found Star Wars Episode 3 to be HILARIOUS (especially the Darth Frankenstein scene at the end). I've been a huge Star Wars fan since I was a kid, I've read the books, some comics, played most of Lucasarts' terrible games...and I couldn't help but laugh at just how bad part 3 was. I guess all the anger and depression I felt was bled out after parts 1 and 2, but does this apply to anyone else?

MeAndroo said:
I'm not saying American Pie 2 was the worst, but this is about movies you've seen. I haven't seen part 3, and hope to be able to cling to that claim until I'm rotting in the ground.

How bad does a movie have to be before it's just funny? I personally found Star Wars Episode 3 to be HILARIOUS (especially the Darth Frankenstein scene at the end). I've been a huge Star Wars fan since I was a kid, I've read the books, some comics, played most of Lucasarts' terrible games...and I couldn't help but laugh at just how bad part 3 was. I guess all the anger and depression I felt was bled out after parts 1 and 2, but does this apply to anyone else?

I agree, I couldn't stand to watch that movie. I had to go see it twice in theather because I fell asleep halfway through the movie. 😌

MeAndroo said:

Well, regarding Episode III, everyone knew what was coming, the only unanswered question was how it came about. But yeah, the Frankenstein scene at the end was goofy as hell. Youd' think Lucas could've done better than that. I've never been a huge Star Wars fan, I was rather ambivilent about the first three movies (though cringing every time Jar Jar Binks got any screen time or when Annakin whined like a child, which was a lot), so there wasn't any anger or depression for me when I viewed the first two films. And besides, NO movie affects me THAT much.
:eek:

Mikawa Ossan said:

Oh my god! I can't believe you brought that one out! hahahahahahaha

Did you see it raw? It was more bearable for me because I saw the MST3K version. Along those lines, "Time Chasers" and "Space Mutiny" are pretty awful as well.

Also, "Cemetery Boy" (I think it was called) was pretty awful as well (although one of my friends will damn near come to blows with me for saying that).

Glenn said:
Oh my god! I can't believe you brought that one out! hahahahahahaha

Did you see it raw? It was more bearable for me because I saw the MST3K version.
I saw it on MST3K, too. It was bad. Then one day I randomly found a website about it. The raw uncut version probably would have been my deathbed! :p

I think it has to be one of the worst movies ever made. If there's one that rivals it I'm not sure I want to experience it!

Glenn said:
I think it has to be one of the worst movies ever made. If there's one that rivals it I'm not sure I want to experience it!

Friends, you ain't seen BAD until you've seen Plan 9 From Outer Space! That's so horrible, it's become an all-time cult classic!

:D

Just out of morbid curiosity, I watched the MST3K version of Manos: Hands of Fate. Wow. The rumors are true, it's not even a very good episode of MST3K. Definitely not worth watching. At all. The uncut version could be nothing less than pure torture.

Flashjeff said:
Friends, you ain't seen BAD until you've seen Plan 9 From Outer Space! That's so horrible, it's become an all-time cult classic!

:D
I take it you didn't follow the link that Mikawa posted.

You will hear the term "worst movie ever made" bandied about by many different people to describe many different movies. For a long period of time, it was fashionable to say that Ed Wood's Plan 9 from Outer Space was the "worst movie ever made". And so it seemed to many, until a program called Mystery Science Theater 3000 took to the airwaves (or, rather, the coaxial cable-ways) in the early 90's and rendered that designation wholly irrelevant. Bad movie connoisseurs quickly realized just how competently directed Plan 9 really was in comparison to the work of cinematic criminals like Coleman Francis, Herschell Gordon Lewis, Bill Rebane, or Arch Hall, Sr. However, there is one director featured on MST3k whose name would come to epitomize torture caught on celluloid far more than any of those mentioned above.

That name, of course, is Harold "Hal" Warren. In 1966, Warren (up until then a fertilizer salesman in El Paso) wrote, directed, and starred in "Manos" The Hands of Fate, a film that would come to be the yardstick by which all bad movies are measured. This feat becomes all the more astonishing when one learns that it was his first (and only) directorial effort. The sheer incompetence of this film, coupled with the ninety minutes of glory that Joel and the 'Bots would ultimately visit upon it on MST3k was more than enough to forever wrest the title of "worst movie ever made" from anything in the Ed Wood oeuvre.

Well, this instance wasn't mine because I know better, but a friend of mine saw M. Night Shamartist's latest commercial fraud, Lady in the Water. I warned him beforehand that he'd be wasting his time, but he didn't beleive me. When I talked to him the next day, he was disgusted and angry, said that was a major league stinker, in fact, he was so pissed, he considered going to the box office and demand a refund but didn't want to raise a stink. I'm glad reviewers slammed LITW and that it flopped at the box office. Justice was served!
:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom