What's new

Movie; Code 46

arnadstephen

先輩
8 Oct 2002
Anybody see this.

I found that this SCI-FI movie had too many
holes. The love story seemed hard to believe.

The suspect tells the detective she did
it and how.

Other comments;

Code 46 is about what happens in the future if the laws controlled who you are allowed to have children with.

I just watched the movie about a week ago, and I thought it was very stupid. The idea seemed interesting, but it was poorly made.

Code 46

The world is split into two. People who live in certain cities, and the rest of the world. Their has been much cloning and genetically made babies. Therefore people who have any similiar DNA cannot mate. Its a violation of code 46.

But thats not the story. The story is that if you leave the cities (the in city), you must get a pass (passport and insurance all wrapped into one). Someone is giving out these pass's to un-authorized persons. A detective is sent to Shanghai to investigate. Then the Detective falls in love with the suspect.

Also people can take virus's that improve their mental ability. To help you speak another language. The detective has powers to read minds, and he takes a virus to enhance this ability.

It has this shiny feel to it the movie. Like a glitzy shiny new airport.

_.

Movie Code-46 --> to; misa.j

to; misa.j

change subject, did you see the article in New-York-Times.
Your profile has new-york-city, and japan national

Q finds her groove in NY

`Issei,' or Japanese immigrants, are cultural refugees drawn to New York's creative clamor and in search of freedom for their spirits
By Jiro Adachi

NY TIMES NEWS SERVICE , New York
Monday, Jan 31, 2005,Page 16

Her arm locks like a robot's, then pops from the shoulder, sending a wave through her body. Michael Jackson's Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough blares from a boombox in the Times Square subway station as a crowd of onlookers, heads bobbing, cheer on the performer.

The break dancer is female, which is unusual enough. Even more eye-opening is the fact that she is a 26-year-old Japanese woman with cornrows in Float Committee, the crew of young black men with whom she is performing on this day.

Her solo builds as she glides around the concrete floor, limbs electric, torso fluttering as if from some subterranean wind. In another instant, she is back in line with her crew, grinning and rocking to and fro as sweat pours down her face.

To her family in the city of Nagoya, she is Kumi Naito. In her New York life and in the break-dance world, she is simply Q, and a wild departure from the stereotype of the Japanese immigrant, or issei, that New Yorkers have known in the past: the salaryman from a Japanese corporation with a wife in tow.

Q also typifies how the Japanese immigrant of today -- young, artistically inclined, open to risks and twice as likely to be female than male -- differs from the bulk of immigrants to New York, who come to take advantage of the city's economic opportunities.

These Big Apple issei, as they could be called, are cultural refugees, drawn to New York's creative clamor and in search of freedom for their spirits.

. on and on....

OK, I think I should change my profile; I don't live in NYC, but I'm kind of confused. I have just received a PM from 'arnadstephen' regarding the article that 'JackInBox' has posted.
And both of them mentioned that I lived in NYC according to my profile.

Back
Top Bottom