What's new

Eggo

Registered
1 Mar 2018
Hello! I'm a junior in high school and my dream is to go to Japan and study fiber arts and printmaking at either Tokyo Art University or Tamabi, though Tamabi is my dream school. The only way this would be possible is if I was accepted for a MEXT scholarship. I've been looking through the threads and haven't found much information on applying for the scholarship for undergraduate art, specifically.
1. Do TAU and Tama Art Uni accept MEXT undergrads?
2. What do I put on the application form, since there's no art category?
3. How do I prepare for the math portion, and will it matter as much if I'm applying for art? It seems very hard, and I'm not very good at math since I focus on art.
4. Besides that, how have y'all's experiences been with attending colleges in Japan, specifically without learning Japanese before applying for the scholarship (i.e. with only one intensive year of Japanese language study before attending school)?
A fast answer would be appreciated! This is my dream and I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but Japan is at the forefront of fiber arts and printmaking...It'd be a dream come true.

Back
Top Bottom