What's new

MEXT Scholarship 2015 (Research Students)

I know. It's seems like I'm traveling for 48 hours, but it's just that I'm going to the future hehe.
I understand the many changes, because my country is in South America and it doesn't have a direct flight to Japan.

Speaking from experience flying from America to Asia several times a year, changing planes often make the trip less painful when the transfers are less than an hr or two. Everyone's different, but I'm always glad to walk around for an hr and get a snack. But doing that 3 times...that I dunno haha More time to review your kanjis :p

I received an email from the officer of the embassy. I'm from Colombia. My itinerary goes like Colombia/Houston/Narita/Sapporo. Ganbatte friend. They are coming.
Thanks. =D Well I'm from Brazil, so I'll also stop 3 times and travel around 48 hrs. But I'll probably go through Europe though.

I know. It's seems like I'm traveling for 48 hours, but it's just that I'm going to the future hehe.
I understand the many changes, because my country is in South America and it doesn't have a direct flight to Japan.
Hahaha always joke about going to the future!

Hi everyone...this moment everyone's busy with travel prep and formalities....
countdown month has started... :D :D
see you soon in Japan minna-san :)

My itinerary finally arrived. And the university has set up all the initial procedures =D. Yeah, now just 4 weeks left for us.

Congratulations 👍:roflmao:
Thanks!

Well guys, I advise preparing psychologically to an exhaustive time at first. I found out that after the long trip my university will proceed with orientations in the same day I arrive, and I will visit my lab and all. That might be the same with many of us. 一所懸命がんばりましょう!

I am also going to TUFS for language training!
Hello @lgr :) It is nice to hear I got a future buddy to meet there! hehe how's your preparations going? I was already contacted by TUFS dorm and requested bedings and all. I am scheduled to arrive at TUFS on April 3 (afternoon).How about you?

Mexico City -> Los Angeles -> Narita. That's my intinerary :) Departing in April 1st

Congratulations:). I guess is just a matter of time till our departure. Sadly we didn't coincide in our transfer cities.

Just 3 more weeks fellows...;):woot:

I will be traveling LAX - Haneda on April 1/2 (at midnight) arriving the following day (April 3) - anyone else joining me?

Great day everyone. Im from the Philippines and I've applied for a teacher training scholarship. It ended last February 23 and until now I havent receive any response from the embassy. Does anyone know how long will the process take?

Great day everyone. Im from the Philippines and I've applied for a teacher training scholarship. It ended last February 23 and until now I havent receive any response from the embassy. Does anyone know how long will the process take?
Hi Ozzie!
I think you have applied for JET, which is a teacher training scholarship. I suggest you check on the website of the Japanese embassy in the Philippines so you can get the information you need. Or you can also contact them via email or phone.
Anyway, good luck and God bless. :D

Hi, I'm wondering if any research students this year are applying to the JSPS fellowship (DC1 or DC2).
I was going to apply for the JSPS-D1 scholarship, but I was awarded the MEXT scholarship instead. I've heard from a couple Japanese professors that publications and research proposal are the biggest deciding factors for the JSPS doctoral scholarships.
I plan to apply for the JSPS post-doc fellowship after I finish my PhD.
Good luck!

I was going to apply for the JSPS-D1 scholarship, but I was awarded the MEXT scholarship instead. I've heard from a couple Japanese professors that publications and research proposal are the biggest deciding factors for the JSPS doctoral scholarships.
I plan to apply for the JSPS post-doc fellowship after I finish my PhD.
Good luck!

Thanks so much for the reply! ^^

I also received the MEXT scholarship and am currently a research student, but some of my lab members are suggesting I give up the scholarship for the JSPS DC1 Fellowship, but I don't think it is more beneficial monetarily, but there is a possibility of receiving research grants for the lab.

I'm just looking for advice. I have publications and a research project within my lab. I'm applying for JSPS anyway, but I'm still debating between the fellowship and MEXT.

Is anyone else doing this as well, or do you think MEXT is better?

Thanks so much for the reply! ^^

I also received the MEXT scholarship and am currently a research student, but some of my lab members are suggesting I give up the scholarship for the JSPS DC1 Fellowship, but I don't think it is more beneficial monetarily, but there is a possibility of receiving research grants for the lab.

I'm just looking for advice. I have publications and a research project within my lab. I'm applying for JSPS anyway, but I'm still debating between the fellowship and MEXT.

Is anyone else doing this as well, or do you think MEXT is better?
From what I know about both awards, the MEXT scholarship is a better option. Here's my comparison (from what I understand):
- JSPS only offers a fixed amount (something like 230,000 yen/month), so all your expenses must be paid with this. On the other hand, MEXT covers tuition and provides a stipend (smaller, maybe 144,000 yen/month).
- I believe the JSPS is awarded for one or two years and requires repeated application, but the MEXT scholarship is awarded for 2 yrs as a research student, and can be extended easily to doctoral student for up to 5 yrs (I think).
- You can apply multiple times for JSPS, but if you cancel a MEXT scholarship after being awarded you can never get it again.

Those are just some points to consider from what I understand about these two. Then again, the English webpage for the JSPS award is pretty useless, so I'm going off comments from my contacts in Japan.
Hopefully it helps some with your decision.

Hello everyone! this is really a precious thread.
I have a question:
Did someone applied for a marketing MBA in Japan? and which universities can I apply for?

Thank you

Hi guys! I have a question on the switch from Research to Master/PhD. Is this a serious issue when applying (i.e. during the interview)?

Did you guys mention it in your application besides the check boxes? If so how do you guys fit it into your timeline if you guys include something like that in your application?

I am wondering about this, since the entrance period (exam) to these Master/PhD seems to be set in every spring and fall, and it will overlap with the research studies, if the research studies involve some sort of end product.

Hope you guys are enjoying the stay in Japan so far :) Everything sounds very exciting!

Back
Top Bottom