What's new

MEXT Scholarship through University Recommendation

Hi guys, just came here to say I also received MEXT University recommendation results announcement and I got selected as a recipient, sorry can't say the exact name of the university for my privacy but it is located in Tokyo. If some of you haven't received it yet, I'm sure that this early July you will receive it. Best of luck!

Hi guys. I am delighted to note that I have been accepted by mext. I can't contain my excitement. If you are still waiting for yours, its just a matter of time.

Hi, I also recieved my notification today. I wish everyone here will have the good result soon.
@rooster144: Mine was an email from my professor. He congratulated me and said that the Academic Affair Section had confirmed my acceptance for the scholarship.

Did anyone receive any information regarding their COE (certificate of eligibility), or other MEXT-related documents from the university?? asking people, entering Japan in October 2022.

I have signed the pledge and sent to the academic liaison office. When likely are we going to get the COE and next documents by post?

I have signed the pledge and sent to the academic liaison office. When likely are we going to get the COE and next documents by post?
Hii, can u share the screenshot of the pledge. I haven't received the mail yet from my university regarding pledge

Did anyone receive any information regarding their COE (certificate of eligibility), or other MEXT-related documents from the university?? asking people, entering Japan in October 2022.
The email I got said that MEXT scholars are exempted from submitting the COE as long as they apply for visas in their home country.

The email I got said that MEXT scholars are exempted from submitting the COE as long as they apply for visas in their home country.
Alright, but even in that case, we are supposed to get some sort of document for visa purposes right? Did your email mention anything about that??

I've applied for the MEXT scholarship of Japanese Studies program through the University Recommendation too, planning to go to Kyoto University.
Has anybody who applied for the MEXT scholarship of Kyoto Uni received the official notification? Kyoto University is so inefficient which makes me very nervous now.
BTW, I have heard from those who have applied before that MEXT scholarship students which is 外国人国費留学生 in Japanese can apply for a visa without COE.
Has anyone really tried?

I've applied for the MEXT scholarship of Japanese Studies program through the University Recommendation too, planning to go to Kyoto University.
Has anybody who applied for the MEXT scholarship of Kyoto Uni received the official notification? Kyoto University is so inefficient which makes me very nervous now.
BTW, I have heard from those who have applied before that MEXT scholarship students which is 外国人国費留学生 in Japanese can apply for a visa without COE.
Has anyone really tried?
Yes.y school told me mext students don't need CESR to apply for a visa. I am presently waiting for my school to tell me when to go apply for visa in my country. From the look of things especially the cases of covid recently rising in Japan, guys do you think mext students can make it to Japan before October?

Have you guys been asked to sumit a health check up document ? ( I wasn't asked, just asking because I know the embassy route applicants do that )

Hi is anyone here going to UTokyo? I am a tad confused like some other people here about applying for a visa. Some of my documents say to "prepare my COE" others say that I dont need it. I have an ERFS form, but thats just a covid thing. My local consulate (US) also says I need a COE on their website, but I have not heard back from them about if I need one with MEXT.

I keep getting emails saying "wait for more info" but then they also say ambiguous phrases like "read this and prepare the necessary documents", but what they have me read also says ".... also prepare other necessary documents..."

Help

Hi is anyone here going to UTokyo? I am a tad confused like some other people here about applying for a visa. Some of my documents say to "prepare my COE" others say that I dont need it. I have an ERFS form, but thats just a covid thing. My local consulate (US) also says I need a COE on their website, but I have not heard back from them about if I need one with MEXT.

I keep getting emails saying "wait for more info" but then they also say ambiguous phrases like "read this and prepare the necessary documents", but what they have me read also says ".... also prepare other necessary documents..."

Help
Same with me. As for the COE, my school said mext students are exempted from it. They sent me a questionnaire to fill about my details and vaccine information. I guess the firm will be used to prepare the ERFS. As Japan is on summer holiday now, I believe we will hear from them in the next step to take from August 14 onwards.

Help
The best thing to do is to directly ask them when they're back from the summer holiday. But my advice is, I'm sure they're perfectly following the procedure, so just wait patiently. ( but I know the confusing and ambiguous part sucks so i totally get you )

In my case, I have received a COE and I'll be receiving the ERFS in the upcoming couple of weeks to hopefully to the VISA with it.

The best thing to do is to directly ask them when they're back from the summer holiday. But my advice is, I'm sure they're perfectly following the procedure, so just wait patiently. ( but I know the confusing and ambiguous part sucks so i totally get you )

In my case, I have received a COE and I'll be receiving the ERFS in the upcoming couple of weeks to hopefully to the VISA with it.
Congratulations Taro for recieving the COE. If I may ask, are privately financed or a mext awardee?

Back
Top Bottom