What's new

MEXT Scholarship through University Recommendation

It is all conjecture, because it really depends on the university involved in their policies and the kind of action they want to take.

For your information in my opinion, it depends on 3 things:

1) is the deadline the "real" deadline or not?
-likely (95% plus), it is an internal deadline.

2) will your degree arrive before the real deadline?
-if it does not, then there is nothing that can be done

3) if it will arrive before the real deadline, it depends on how badly the university wants that student to join.
Because of Covid, less international students have come and universities are trying to fill slots. Also, some universities have international exchange as part of their KPI, so they might be interested in filling slots.
However, if they have many students waiting that meet the requirements, they will not wait for your friend I think. This is probably directly related to the size of the faculty or department and the number of slots they have available so I can't give you really any good information except that you just have to ask them and see what they say.

good luck.

It is all conjecture, because it really depends on the university involved in their policies and the kind of action they want to take.

For your information in my opinion, it depends on 3 things:

1) is the deadline the "real" deadline or not?
-likely (95% plus), it is an internal deadline.

2) will your degree arrive before the real deadline?
-if it does not, then there is nothing that can be done

3) if it will arrive before the real deadline, it depends on how badly the university wants that student to join.
Because of Covid, less international students have come and universities are trying to fill slots. Also, some universities have international exchange as part of their KPI, so they might be interested in filling slots.
However, if they have many students waiting that meet the requirements, they will not wait for your friend I think. This is probably directly related to the size of the faculty or department and the number of slots they have available so I can't give you really any good information except that you just have to ask them and see what they say.

good luck.
Makes sense

1. They had already submitted the Notice of Delay form to request for a 1-month period after the official deadline so I believed it's a hard deadline. It could be a false assumption though so I'll let them know about this point. Thank you

2. Their certificate won't be available even after the "hard" deadline I mentioned above. So I understand there would be a high risk that my friend won't be accepted into the program, we're trying everything we can.

3. Our university is a private institution with a good reputation in the number of international students, I think. Hope that will increase the chance (There is another factor - the MEXT slots, wasting a scholarship slot should affect the overall reputation of the university, so I want to believe they would be more flexible in this case).

Thanks for your thoughtful reply 😁

Makes sense

1. They had already submitted the Notice of Delay form to request for a 1-month period after the official deadline so I believed it's a hard deadline. It could be a false assumption though so I'll let them know about this point. Thank you

2. Their certificate won't be available even after the "hard" deadline I mentioned above. So I understand there would be a high risk that my friend won't be accepted into the program, we're trying everything we can.

3. Our university is a private institution with a good reputation in the number of international students, I think. Hope that will increase the chance (There is another factor - the MEXT slots, wasting a scholarship slot should affect the overall reputation of the university, so I want to believe they would be more flexible in this case).

Thanks for your thoughtful reply 😁

Hello Mr. Nguyễn

I sent a PM to you about this.

For 2021 departure. Anybody got their VISA schedule and have departure date?
Nothing here. It looks like MEXT is handling the backlog of 2020 scholars first. A good number of them from various sources (Facebook, Reddit, some whatsapps) have gotten some info, but nothing for 2021.

For 2021 departure. Anybody got their VISA schedule and have departure date?
Nothing's news.
Though, there is going to be an online orientation for MEXT students at the end of this month organized by my graduate school. So I guessed my departure would be after that point.

Nothing here. It looks like MEXT is handling the backlog of 2020 scholars first. A good number of them from various sources (Facebook, Reddit, some whatsapps) have gotten some info, but nothing for 2021.
Looks like the September departure for 2021 scholars looks like impossible till all 2020 scholar already in Japan. My graduate school also do not have any information regarding to Visa and departure dates.

Nothing's news.
Though, there is going to be an online orientation for MEXT students at the end of this month organized by my graduate school. So I guessed my departure would be after that point.
My Home country Embassy will have pre departure orientation for MEXT student this first week of September.

I hear that Osaka Univ. will have their orientation in last week of September and first week of October.

Hallo guyd..
Anyone apply for MEXT by University Recommendation and already nominated from your university to MEXT and waiting for the final result ? Btw.. is there anyone who got the final MEXT results?

Hi, I want to ask if anyone here had the interview test for entrance exam with your university? I'm going to take the test next week, I was told to prepare a presentation about my undergraduate thesis. The interview will be approximately 1 hour. If anyone has the experience with this please share with me. Like, what are they going to ask? Please give me some sample questions. 1 hour is quite long so there must be a lots of questions... Thank you.

Nope, I am an October 2022 university recommended candidate and still waiting... seems like "June" really means "or July'" xD
Couldn't agree more. I was told that the final result will be coming up in June. In fact, today is already July and still no news about the result

I was t
Glad I'm not the only one lol
Old final result for mext will be in late June. But here we are in July. Is it 💯 sure I will get the positive result? My university sent a message recently some information are yet to be updated. But they will get back next week soon. I am pretty anxious.

I know this can be an anxious time for applicants.

Generally speaking, universities have an allocation of MEXT Scholarships from MEXT. So if you are accepted by the university and recommend by them to MEXT, it is likely that you will be approved.

The MEXT scholarships are part of the education strategies of MEXT, such as global 30 etc. is your university has recommended you, you should be approved (unless your university did not thoroughly check your application)

In short, can't say 100%, but at least 95%.

Hope that helps

I know this can be an anxious time for applicants.

Generally speaking, universities have an allocation of MEXT Scholarships from MEXT. So if you are accepted by the university and recommend by them to MEXT, it is likely that you will be approved.

The MEXT scholarships are part of the education strategies of MEXT, such as global 30 etc. is your university has recommended you, you should be approved (unless your university did not thoroughly check your application)

In short, can't say 100%, but at least 95%.

Hope that helps
Cool. Will just hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom