What's new

MEXT Japanese Studies 2022-2023

Congratulations 🎉🎉

Heyy! Nice to meet you too! It was a stressful and mentally draining time, especially checking the mail every 5 mins 😂 which uni did you apply to?

Good luck!
Hello, nice to meet you as well! It was definitely mentally draining wondering if we would get any news on the day and checking the mail every minute 😅 My choices were University of Fukui, Oita University, and Kobe City University of Foreign Studies.
And thank you! Good luck to you as well! I hope we get the news soon ^^
Hi! Yeah things are finally starting to move!

For the moment i didn't received an email, i just spoke over the phone with person in charge. She told me I'd receive information about visa procedure and other stuff tomorrow. I'll let you know as soon as i get it!

She also told me that the japanese government wants us to attend a reunion before going to Japan (in france, it'll happen on the September 9th) where we'll meet other applicants, and people who got the scholarship before us! So i guess it'll be about the same for you guys too?
It must be exciting to know that you'll wake up to guaranteed information regarding MEXT procedures rather than stressing about when their next reply will come xD If possible, please do let us know about it! I'm quite curious about how it generally works.
I assume you'll be meeting only other Japanese Studies scholars and not anyone from other categories, right? It's great how that reunion is so soon! I can only hope we have one here as well...

Hi there!

So in my email they say I'll be informed about the procedures regarding the visa and flight tickets later. For now they have asked me the signed pledge and a copy of my passport, and said that I'll get the flight ticket through the mail.
Hello!
Interesting how embassies in varying countries reveal visa and flight ticket information at different points 🤔 Out of curiosity, is there a lot of procedures with signing the pledge or is it just basically inserting your signature?

Hello!
Interesting how embassies in varying countries reveal visa and flight ticket information at different points 🤔 Out of curiosity, is there a lot of procedures with signing the pledge or is it just basically inserting your signature?

Apparently it's really just insert my signature (and a couple of other things, like my assigned 個人番号, nationality etc) and send it to the embassy 😅 I also thought it would be a somewhat bigger deal.

Apparently it's really just insert my signature (and a couple of other things, like my assigned 個人番号, nationality etc) and send it to the embassy 😅 I also thought it would be a somewhat bigger deal.
Oh that seems pretty standard for paperwork 😅 Did you had to type things out in Japanese?

Hi guys,

I've just got my final approval email from local embassy. They said that I passed the second screening by Mext.

I'm so happy right now since it's been such a long wait up until now 😁😁😁

Hope that everyone will get to hear good news soon!
That's amazing, congratulations after such a long wait!!! 🥹 Did they tell you of your placement yet?

Oh that seems pretty standard for paperwork 😅 Did you had to type things out in Japanese?
You know, now that you mentioned it, I did not even consider it may have to be typed out; just assumed it'd be by hand. I'll have to get back to you on that, but I think it's all supposed to be written by hand (and in English, actually)

@Lantw have you received any information about the dorms? Do we just have to wait?

Hey! Contrats

Yes actually i emailed TUFS 3 days ago and got an answer this morning ! They told me that my flight would be between 27th and 30th September, so i guess you should expect the same.
For the dorms, you can check your affection document the embassy sent. You should have 東京外国語大学国際交流会館 in the 宿舎 section! They don't know yet which chamber/building we'll get into though.

Congrats guys!!!
It's so great to hear all the good news today!!! I am still waiting for my final result and my university has already started, so I am kinda a bit anxious nowo_Oo_O.

Hey! Contrats

Yes actually i emailed TUFS 3 days ago and got an answer this morning ! They told me that my flight would be between 27th and 30th September, so i guess you should expect the same.
For the dorms, you can check your affection document the embassy sent. You should have 東京外国語大学国際交流会館 in the 宿舎 section! They don't know yet which chamber/building we'll get into though.
Hello!
Ah, I see. I haven't received that document yet, only the acceptance one and the pledge. And I asked the embassy about the dorms and told me to wait and not mail them yet because they will tell us about it.
Thank you for the info💓

Congrats guys!!!
It's so great to hear all the good news today!!! I am still waiting for my final result and my university has already started, so I am kinda a bit anxious nowo_Oo_O.
Thank you!
Don't stress too much, you will get the positive result soon!
Wow, the semester there starts in August? Here in October.

Hello!
Ah, I see. I haven't received that document yet, only the acceptance one and the pledge. And I asked the embassy about the dorms and told me to wait and not mail them yet because they will tell us about it.
Thank you for the info💓

Mmmh since its not a really useful document, maybe every embassy don't give it...
Oh really? My embassy actually told me to feel free to email them about dorms, programs and other stuff if i wanted to! It's funny how every embassy handle things differently. Btw, don't expect any mail from TUFS from august 6th to 14th : they are closed for this short period because of the summer break.

Thank you!

Yeah, most universities in Australia start around the beginning of March and August (excluding the unis of trimesters) :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom