What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

MEXT Embassy Recommendation 2021

Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread again - how is everyone doing with the quest for letters of acceptance? So far I have the letter from my first choice uni and I'm waiting on a response from my second choice. Though (and tell me if I'm being ridiculous) I'm hoping they won't because my second choice is a national university and my first is private. After looking at Transenz I got the idea they'll preferentially place you in national universities.

Khalid70

後輩
Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread again - how is everyone doing with the quest for letters of acceptance? So far I have the letter from my first choice uni and I'm waiting on a response from my second choice. Though (and tell me if I'm being ridiculous) I'm hoping they won't because my second choice is a national university and my first is private. After looking at Transenz I got the idea they'll preferentially place you in national universities.
Congrats! I got one LOA too and still waiting for the second one. I think it's a good idea to list a national university as a backup.
My universities of choice are both national yet I am still worried about the second screening lol

Dasha

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hi! Congratulations to everyone who has come this far!
I've received two LoA, both from Private universities, yet I'm still worried if they'd place me to my second choice as my first choice is just waaay more expensive omg

Khalid70

後輩
Reaction score
Hi! Congratulations to everyone who has come this far!
I've received two LoA, both from Private universities, yet I'm still worried if they'd place me to my second choice as my first choice is just waaay more expensive omg
Congrats! I am kinda worried about the second screening as a whole. I hope they don't cut me out lol

Jud509x

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hi got my 2 LOA's from national university. Now it's time for the big wait!!! I'm still worried about the second screenning.

Jud509x

Kouhai
Reaction score
according to the US embassy
the result should be out in FEB and the university placement will be in June 2021 :/
I am kinda confused tbh
Yes, I don't know. Maybe each Embassy has their policy. I asked to my Embassy they told me June. By the way, did you will take the 6months Japanese language program according to your LOA's? I saw that MEXT reduce the amount of slot for my country this year, how many people passed the 1st screening at your country?

Khalid70

後輩
Reaction score
Yes, I don't know. Maybe each Embassy has their policy. I asked to my Embassy they told me June. By the way, did you will take the 6months Japanese language program according to your LOA's? I saw that MEXT reduce the amount of slot for my country this year, how many people passed the 1st screening at your country?
yes.
IDK how many people were selected from my country but I was told before the first screening that they are gonna select one or two out of us

Top Bottom