What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

MEXT Embassy Recommendation 2021

momostudies

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I tried looking around for a similar topic for this year's applications but couldn't find! Has anyone else here applied for the scholarship this year? In my country, as I think in most cases, the selections were delayed 2/3 months and the deadline to submit the application for research student just passed last week so now the long waiting begins. In my embassy they said they were going to restrict the number of people going to the written tests due to distancing rules and I was wondering if it was the same in other countries too and if you think they will cut budgets further this year... also I just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing the same anxious waiting as me :eek:

LaLopez212

Registered
Reaction score
In Colombia the application deadline is September 9th. I am still preparing the application...and trying not to get too anxious about it. They did not mention anything regarding the number of people selected to present to written text. I will let you know as soon as I get news . Best of luck!

momostudies

Registered
Reaction score
In Colombia the application deadline is September 9th. I am still preparing the application...and trying not to get too anxious about it. They did not mention anything regarding the number of people selected to present to written text. I will let you know as soon as I get news . Best of luck!
Oh, so it's even later than in my country, I thought we were the latest ones as usual...did you have any trouble with the field of study and research plan? I feel like it's the most important document in the application but the examples on the internet of successful applicants are all so different from each other that I couldn't really figure out how the right structure should be or if the topic I have chosen is even relevant or not... I guess I will just have to wait the first screening results to find out :cry:

Khalid70

Registered
Reaction score
in my country Oman, the due date for application submission was set to be August 1st and I was told that they will contact the successful candidates for the first screening by August 10th😅

momostudies

Registered
Reaction score
in my country Oman, the due date for application submission was set to be August 1st and I was told that they will contact the successful candidates for the first screening by August 10th😅
wow they take only ten days to screen the applications?! I think it's one of the fastest I have seen! that's good that you don't have to wonder for weeks

Khalid70

Registered
Reaction score
wow they take only ten days to screen the applications?! I think it's one of the fastest I have seen! that's good that you don't have to wonder for weeks
I am assuming the reason why is because the number of applicants isn't really that high. We are a very small country with a population of 2 Million

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom