What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Living in Japan?

lostboy13

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

Apologies in advance, I'm not sure where to post this. I hope someone can help me here! A little background about myself, I am 31 years old half japanese/filipino, my father is japanese. I have a decent job here in the philippines and currently single with no kids. I haven't seen my father since i was born but he was listed in my birth certificate and my mother has some documents bank deposit slips, pictures, letters etc. from my father way back from the time they've met.

The thing is i haven't seen my father since i was born and my mom have lost communication with my father after that. But she told me my father knew that they have a child. Since we are on lockdown i have been spending a lot of time lately researching on how to find people in japan. But it seems that the only way is to go to the city hall and ask for it provided with some documents to support.

Moving on with my title above and given my current situation right now. It came across my mind what if i try to look for my father or maybe work and live in japan? Anyone know the process and steps i should take? I'm not trying to ask anything from my father but maybe meeting him is a bonus. But there's something inside me that keeps on wanting to look for more. btw i visited japan for vacation last year and the experience was indescribable. The people and the culture is insane.

Hoping someone can help me here probably with the same situation that i am right now. Thank you! Stay safe everyone

mdchachi

Reaction score
Anyone know the process and steps i should take?
Is your question how to be able to work/live in Japan? Best way is if you can line up a job.
The company will take care of the necessary paperwork. It depends on what kind of skills you have.
If you're asking about maybe getting residency due to your father's citizenship, I'm not sure about that.
Maybe you could ask the Japanese embassy in your country.

lostboy13

Registered
Reaction score
i was asking about a possible citizenship considering im half japanese. embassy here in my country doesnt entertain this kind of situation. Maybe i need to look for NGO's or just go directly to japan and ask the city hall. but still im looking for additional resources on my current situation.

mdchachi

Reaction score
I found another thread about this topic but the advice was the same I gave. It doesn't make sense that the embassy can't help.
Maybe somebody at the Immigration Services Agency could give you some advice on where to find more information.

lostboy13

Registered
Reaction score
ill try calling them to check if there is anything they can do after this quarantine. stay safe everyone

Top Bottom