What's new

Japanese Rock and Metal Bands?

A perfect death would be to be locked into a non-padded cell with nothing but Pink Killer playing at full volume and allowed to madly batter myself to death with displaced energy.

:banghead:

...maybe I should have kept quiet...
:cry:
I'm really sane.

lol, i thought this might get moved here ^^;
umm.... yes, go listen to diru, because they kick butt ^.^
o, and i just remebered, i said youka (singer in clothoid+doll) has a heavey voice... i got her confuzeled... her voice isn't that heavey, but their music still is.... so i still highly recommend them ^.^

Kinsao said:
A perfect death would be to be locked into a non-padded cell with nothing but Pink Killer playing at full volume and allowed to madly batter myself to death with displaced energy.

:banghead:

...maybe I should have kept quiet...
:cry:
I'm really sane.

..... *snigger* aww, that's great *pats yah head*
so at least i'm not the only one who thinks like that :p

*dies laughing at Kinsao's comment*

I would be content with that as well. Anything involving Pink Killer is good... umm... even death... haha. o_O

Rich said:
> Intestine Baalism (Melodic Death Metal, similar to "classic swedish death metal")
> Sigh (weird black metal)
> Defiled (Black Metal)

Hey, I was going to say those :)
I especially like Intestine Baalism, they're great. But don't really sing in Japanese.
I've got some bands to recommend too:

Die You Bastard
Apologist
Code Red
Gridlock
Sliter
TPO

As far as I know, there's only one Sugizo in the Japanese music world, and that's Sugizo of Luna Sea + solo fame.

Anchang (sex machineguns) often does the slangy-Japanese thing, but not in a particularly heavy or 'macho' voice like the Yakuza film people ^^
He alternates between light, heavy and high-pitched. Try 'em out, they're pretty good.

SMG has been my only foray into the world of J-metal, and only them because I'm entertained greatly by their lyrics and antics, as well as their music. I can't seem to find any other metal bands like them ('cept for this one called Samurai, but I dunno about them :|).

Lydia

>.< you MUST listen to Dir En Grey!!! That is a must!!! >.< i have Vulgar and Withering to Death...Gauze is on its way to me *because thats one of my favorites* ahhh I weally weally like Diru...*puts on some Dir En Grey music* weee!!! Diru!!

-lots of love-
~Tsubura~

Yes... Dir en Grey is certainly something else. I can honestly say I have never heard a song I didn't like by them. I have almost all their stuff too. It's phenomenal for a band to always come up with stuff I like. It's very rare. Wait no... G.D.S. ...I stand corrected... it gives me a headache. It's great for playing right before opening a concert but as a song it is annoying as hell.

hee hee
yeah, from what i've heared... i've liked pretty much all diru songs too... but some of their remixes are a bit..... i'm still a little iffy when it comes to techno....

Haha... I like listening to the remixes... "gyakujou tannou keloid milk plucking Mr. Newsman" is my favorite remix.

And I actually really enjoy the -KAI- remix album. I really love the "Raison D'etre" mix and Shinya's "Ain't Afraid to Die" irresistible remix is really beautiful.

lol, well... i've only heared 2 ^^;
but, it;s not that i dislike them... they're quite relaxing and stuff... but.... i'm just still not into all of that stuff... i mean, it sounds plenty nice and all... just... it's the main thing i've avoided since like... forever.... lol.

yeah... it's the drain away -neo tokyo trans- that i was a little weary of...
and i have Die's remix of 'ain't afraied to die'.... but not shinya's..... but that one's nice... i love that song tho so...^.^

Yea... I like Die's remix but Shinya's is so pretty. I swear it too gorgeous... it makes me think of a music box... sort of. Don't listen to me... I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. 😌

then i must hreat it... i can imagin anything Shinya dose being extreemly pretty ^.^

lol, aww, no, i think i can kinda imagin what you mean.... tho i'd have to hear it to confirm.... hmm.... i wish slsk'd work >.<

pinkkillerkisou said:
Haha... I like listening to the remixes... "gyakujou tannou keloid milk plucking Mr. Newsman" is my favorite remix.

And I actually really enjoy the -KAI- remix album. I really love the "Raison D'etre" mix and Shinya's "Ain't Afraid to Die" irresistible remix is really beautiful.

that one is great!!

pinkkillerkisou said:
i LOVE that one. other remixes are eh, but all their songs are good. 👍

um MUCC? i dont know i only hear a few songs but they are good!

Hye guys, wow quite a while since I checked back (A2 :( ). I'm going to Japan this saturday, so I'm gonna have to check alot of these out... Heres my list I made:

Music:

Kobose – Sounds a little like Primus
Koji Endo – He did the music for Dead or Alive
Hoova Ooova (ニ稚ツーニ弛ツーニ棚ツーニ弛ツー) – Feel good indie
sex machine guns
onmyouza
dagashi kashi
mono
+d'espirsray+
MUCC
Gazett
Phobia
alice nine
miyavi's
X Japan – Classic rock
Dragon head
Loudness – Sound a little like Zepplin
Sugizo / Luna Sea – Did a cover of YMO
Yellow Magic Orchestra – Dance electro
Dandy sakano – Get's get's get's
Church Of Misery – Heavy grunge metal

I have not put Dir En Grey down because I have heard them befor and their not really for me, checked out the song you refered to but still no luck.
But anyway cant wait to check some of these out!

Hmmm, maybe this ones:

Youthquake
Tokyo Yankees (hahaha)
Jurassic Jade
Anthem
Earthshaker
Seikimatsu (huh??)
Veil
Abigail
Sigh
Shellshock
Casbah (oh yeah, the fathers of Thrash Metal!!)
Front Guerrilla
Coral

Even some crust punk bands who has metallish sounds, like Effigy and Framtid are recomended, hehehe.

Hey, Die You Bastards!! is not heavy metal... =/

Kinsao said:
You never heard Dir en grey yet?!? Man, you must! 😎 I command you to go listen to Pink Killer!

ahhhh! i love that song! ^_________^

i have a bunch of Dir en grey albums...and trying to get more Malice Mizer ones..but now looking for more underground stuff

Back
Top Bottom