What's new

Japanese Language school in cooperation with Waseda

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBC Japan

Kouhai
15 Jan 2016
Just thought I would share this for those who want to study in Japan or go to Waseda.

I am currently studying at Shinwa Foreign Language Academy. It's a Japanese school located in Takadanobaba (same town as Waseda). This school has great staff and teachers who are really helpful. I used to go to another school and found classes too hard for my level and staff were inflexible. I was worried about falling behind in class and failing. I ended up quitting and moving to Shinwa.

I was put in a class suitable for my level and teachers are really helpful toward students who have troubles understanding.

My friend just graduated with a school scholarship and started at Waseda based on the school's recommendation. I am not going to university after as I just need to learn to communicate, but thought it might help people here. Since I graduated I now work for Shinwa in their office. I still take classes and begin work after class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your employer is affiliated with Waseda University?

You say you are now studying there...and that you have graduated from the school. Both?

(You need to remove that commercial link from your signature, as it violates our forum rules).

Last edited:
As someone who advertises for his company (not here, it's not my target audience) I never understood why people try to game the system. Any business they get is at the expense of ill-will. I can't imagine it's a net gain.

Your employer is affiliated with Waseda University?

You say you are now studying there...and that you have graduated from the school. Both?

(You need to remove that commercial link from your signature, as it violates our forum rules).
I'm now taking an additional course. That is targeted towards JLPT.

Yes we are linked with Waseda and a few other universities. Most students that come to our school want to attend Waseda after so we arrange students to join classes there, sample university lifestyle before they graduate from our school.

I'm now taking an additional course. That is targeted towards JLPT.

Which level are you trying for?

Yes we are linked with Waseda and a few other universities. Most students that come to our school want to attend Waseda after so we arrange students to join classes there, sample university lifestyle before they graduate from our school.

What is the nature of the link with Waseda and the other schools? Is it a two-way relationship? Do graduates of your school receive special consideration for entering Waseda? That is the impression you are giving in this thread. Why is a prestigious school like Waseda not listed among the schools graduates have gone on to attend? You say most want to attend Waseda. Have any actually matriculated there?

Why does the English version of that page mention some unspecified "affiliation" with universities (and give the impression official ties exist with listed schools) while there is NO claim of any such "affiliation" on the Japanese version of the page? There is also no mention on the English page of any students having gone on to attend Waseda. Why is that?

Your school may be the best thing since disposable douche but I must say I'm getting a distinct whiff of snake oil here.

Does your employer know you are advertising them like this?

Last edited:
Nothing more to say.

Was trying to give information about my new company and school I'm working for. But seems it's not acceptable without the third degree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom