What's new

im new and looking for some good music

FF2112

FF2112
24 Apr 2005
hi im new here and im wondering if anyone has any suggestions for good j-pop music to listen to. :wave

i know a couple utada hikaru songs, and some ayumi hamasaki songs also. im looking for some new stuff to listen to, i like up beat,fast, and kinda rocky jpop and slow,rich,elegant, and serene type jpop. thats about the best descriptions i can give. if you could suggest or turn me onto something id appreciate it.

"slow,rich,elegant, and serene type jpop..."

Check out both of Ayaka Hirahara's CDs (debut and latest). She's probably best known for her exquisite "Jupiter" rendition but her depth and range are quite amazing imho.

GUITAR WOLF
THEE MICHELLE GUN ELEPHANT
HI-STANDARD
But the 3 bands above are disbanded or suspended their activities. I am not sure, but some say that HI-STANDARD will be active again.

ROSSO
YURA YURA TEIKOKU
are also my favorite bands who are active right now.

THE MAD CAPSULE MARKETS
is a band who are popular in Europe, esp., in the UK.

When you listen to SKA, TOKYO SKA PARADISE ORCHESTRA, releasing their albums in Europe and US this year, would be your choice.

Dir en Grey, Psycho le Cemu, Glay, Miyavi, X-Japan, Malice Mizer, Luna Sea, Yutaka Ozaki (some of those might be more 'rock' or goth than pop, though...)

Thank you evryone i greatly appreciate the help very much, if there is anything i can do for any of you just let me know.

mizer said:
Dir en Grey, Psycho le Cemu, Glay, Miyavi, X-Japan, Malice Mizer, Luna Sea, Yutaka Ozaki (some of those might be more 'rock' or goth than pop, though...)
i second Psycho le cemu... however the other ones doesnt seem like the the ones he's interested in...

cool thanks guys and gals, im still looking for some soft and slow music. so if you know of any songs or singers please let me know.

I listen to any song by MISIA and Ken Hirai.....they are both pop/R&B ish....

MISIA is the only female artist in Japan who can sing 5 octaves......I think she is better than Celine Dion haha......younger at least!!

Actually my avatar is the cover of MISIA's latest album "Singer for Singer." Excellent album!!!

^_^

thanks evryone im finding more and more good songs thanks to all of you. does anybody know any anime songs that sound similar to slayers NEXT- give a reason.

I recommend that you listen to Gackt, L'Arc~En~Ciel, Dir En Grey, V6, Arashi, basically anything from Johnny's Entertainment (JE)...they're all really good and if you want to listen to some good Kpop, I recommend you listen to DBSK...they're really good too, I just love all of them ^^

does anybody know if ami yumi is any good, ive heard that they are one of the best singers in japan.

the 5.6.7.8's are cool, ive watched both kill bills hundreds of times. its a good movie and i would do anything to have one of those swords.

Back
Top Bottom