What's new

Hans from Mauritius

TutorHans

後輩
23 Jun 2021
Hello everybody,

I am Hans from the small island of Mauritius – heard about the Wakashio drama? A former accountant/economist, I now teach Business English and advise on content marketing (French and English). I hope to add value to the community.

Attachments

• eglise rouge.jpg
    eglise rouge.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 1
Hi Hans and welcome to the forum.

I used to teach Business English in China. Years ago, I considered taking a job in Mauritius.

Are you learning Japanese?

Welcome. I hadn't heard of the Wakashio incident. Did the reefs end up getting badly damaged?

Hi Hans and welcome to the forum.

I used to teach Business English in China. Years ago, I considered taking a job in Mauritius.

Are you learning Japanese?
Hi Buntaro,

Nice to hear from you.

In fact, it would have been better if you had turned up earlier as the economic situation has changed drastically since the last seven years. So prospects are no longer that bright.

Where are you teaching these days? Maybe we can share our experience on the Business English industry. I am not considering learning Japanese in the short term. We can talk on whatsapp (23059390886)

Hans,

It has been several years since I taught Business English. It was in China. It looks I will never return to China. So I guess I have retired from the 'Business English' world.

It was quite widely reported. Welcome to the forum, Hans. How is the cleanup going?
Hi Lothor,
I hope you are doing well. The clean-up took almost two months and seems to have been successful. However, only time will tell if the ecosystem has been hurt in around the shipwreck. Right now, there is a commission of enquiry on the Wakashio . Let's hope it sheds light on this criminal negligence.

Teaching in Japan is not as lucrative as it used to be. In addition, most jobs in Japan seem to be teaching children (which I am not interested in doing). There are a couple of threads on this topic on this forum if you are interested in more information about this,

There are lots of university teaching positions in China, whereas it is difficult to get a university teaching position in Japan, which is why I ended up going to China.

Hi Buntaro,

I hope you enjoyed your w-e.

In fact, I focus on training top / middle management and associated professionals, based on the most recent business news. I work directly with them. That's why I have never been interested in teaching university students. Do you think there is scope for this in Japan?

I think there is a need in Japan for your services. Japan is infamous for its low level of mastery of English. But there are a number of companies that already teach these kinds of professionals. The need exists, but it's hard to say how many professionals in Japan would take advantage of your services.

Back
Top Bottom