What's new

Favourite FF-game?

Lina Inverse said:
The best FF would be FF6 with the graphics engine of FF10 :D

-watches the scene in X when Sin first appears in Zanarkand- Holy moly...imagine when Shadow moves the statues and tears the world apart. Oh...um...SLIGHT SPOILER!!! Heh. :p

Whoツ´s your favourite character in the FF games?

As for me...............hm. I dunno. I really think Rikku is kawaii and cool.

But there are others.. Rusty of FFIX? hehe.

*cough*

Yea, I'd say ppl like Celes, Rydia, and Rinny for favorite girls; Black Mage (8 bit style :p), Kain, and Locke for guys.

And then, for purely "physical" reasons, Gippal of X-2. 😍

oooh, yeah, definitely Gippal! hehe, heツ´s HOT. soo cool too, I like his personality.
I remember when I played x-2 I kindo fell in love with the guy.. Iツ´m such a nerd!

I tend to go for the bad guys. They're almost always the coolest characters (except for X...I mean, the name says it all...Seymour...). Seifer Almasy will ALWAYS be my most favorite character of all time, but Kain, Kefka, Sephiroth, and Kuja are all up there, too. In X, Jecht's probably my favorite, and in X-2, Rikku or Gippal. Ah, yes, Rikku...-drool- :p

heh, Kuja is totally Bishonen. Heツ´s hot, cause he is evil.

Japanimaniac: agree, the bad guys are the best. Wonder why? - Its not like I love the stupid/evil guys in my school or anything. They are only cool in games, movies or manga.

The bad guys are good!

I think it's because the bad guys almost always have the most outstanding personalities. They're the jokers, and the dreamers, and the artists. There are exceptions, though, which is why Rinoa, Irvine, Jecht, and Gippal are so cool. But Sephiroth, Kuja, General Hine (fromt the movie), Seifer...they all believed that they were doing the right thing. They had a plan. It's not their faults that they went about things differently.

Of course, there are your generally evil bad guys, like Kefka. But Kefka looked so cool and was so funny that he's my favorite anyway. ^.^ And I loved the way Kuja spoke about everything like it was part of the play "I Want To Be Your Canary" (the play actually forshadows the basic plot to the entire game), even going as far as calling Garnet his 'Canary'. Seifer...well, he's just all around awesome. My personality is most like Seifer, minus the being an *** part. And Sephiroth...I don't think I need to explain anything at all about him. If you don't think Sephiroth is awesome, something is wrong.

But...yeah. There's my bad guy rant. :D :p

nice rant, maniac! I agree with everything you said. I still like Seymour, but in a completely different kind of way. He is not cool, hes just disguisting and really scary in a bad kind of way. You dont like him at all, hes odd and ugly and his voice.. man! Its all soft and light in the wrong kind of way. But I think its good, because you hate him you really want him to die, and you REALLY dont want poor Yuna to get married to the guy!
(spoiler?) Anyways, I like Seymour, I think..

Seph' and Seymour are more similar than you think, both mentalists, both mummy's boys, and both romantics. Seph' appears to be more twisted, because the story focus is a classic battle of good v. evil. Seymour appears in a story more centred on emotional interaction and cultural conflict (not to mention religious oppresion and corruption), so he can never appear as evil as Seph'. And he certainly will never appear as a more duanting figure.

"Since I was small I'd always felt I was different...special, in some way...but not like this..."

(spoiler for some?) Seymour is evil in a good kind of way I think... I mean, you really donツ´t like him, cause he disguists you in a way...
I mean, when heツ´s to marry Yuna, and they kiss, youツ´re like: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Cause you think heツ´s a sicko - and HE IS! (What a surprise!)

But his VOICE!? It ツ´s soo soft. Sick. Sounds like.. ehm... *lost in thought*

i'd say my favourites were ffVI FFVII and FFX-2, but truthfully, i love them all! ^_^

To tell you the truth, I hate Seymour because he's just lame. His voice is girlie, he doesn't look cool at all, and he never seemed threatening to me. Sure, I didn't want Yuna to get married to him, but that was more because of the natural "main guy gets the girl" urge I had. I could have done without Seymour at all.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments on the rant! :)

Seymour isn't lame - he's cool in a soft kind of way. He really gives you the impression of being a maniac... That's what I think.
His vioce isn't girlie, it's just sick. That's just because he's a maniac.

who drew that? You?

Nah, cloud rocks.

But back to Seymour; I've got to tell you guys one more time ___ Seyour IS cool. He IS evil. And he IS creepy. (And his voice isn't gay, it's eerie (sp??))

nah i didnt draw it, but im thinking of starting my own battle royale anime, i'll try and post the images that i have drawn as soon as i can..

i think vII was the best ever and VIII was sweet aswell, i havent played IX but that looked good...but i think when they got to X the classix FF style plot differed to much with the blitzball and all other **** and the talking made it strange (plus the fact that half the lines sound bloody rediculous)...but its all good :)

many seem not to like the idea of the talking in FFX - like the old fashioned way better; with just text?
I can agree that the english voices sucked, and were sometimes ridiculous, but I still think it gave the characters depth, and made the game more alive. I like it when they talk - (even of Seymours voice is just... weak, and Tidus sound to stupid, and let's not forget the scene where Tidus and Yuna are laughing cause that's just scary...)

Ya, but X is still the best.. gotta marry Tidus. (before Yuna gets him) *she already did?*

Lacan said:
I liked FF tactics the most, great story

I agree, that game is so awesome.. gameplay-wise I don't think any of the FF games so far came close (I replayed tactics at least 3 times ;), and got characters to level 100 even :D ). The soundtrack is also reaal good, story is also amazing.

Apart from that, ff8 was good too. Maybe because I liked watching characters that didn't look like kids..

Now i'm really waiting for ff12 *anticipates massive procrastination in the future*

Back
Top Bottom