What's new

Any of you here make your own pizza

musicisgood

Sempai
Donor
4 Sep 2015
Well, it was pizza time last night again.
One thing I learned this time was that I should lightly cook the eggplant in olive oil and then use it as a topping.

Topping
onion
boiled eggs
green peppers
eggplant
ground seasoned chicken
garden tomatoes
mushrooms

dough
bread flour
dry yeast
tap water ( cold )
salt
dash of sugar
olive oil ( virgin , cold pressed )
butter

pizza Aug 8 2021.jpg
pizza Aug 8 2021.jpg

Looks delicious! :)

Last year, during the "first lockdown" we started to bake bread. I also tried my first two home-made pizze.

pizza01.jpg

pizza02.jpg

pizza03.jpg

I found the preparation of pizza much more challenging than baking rye bread. Unfortunately, all our baking activities ceased with the end of the first lockdown.

Looks delicious! :)

Last year, during the "first lockdown" we started to bake bread. I also tried my first two home-made pizze.

View attachment 47400

View attachment 47401

View attachment 47402

I found the preparation of pizza much more challenging than baking rye bread. Unfortunately, all our baking activities ceased with the end of the first lockdown.
Looks very tasty. I just found out that A-Price store is now selling American Mozzarella cheese. Bought it yesterday and tried it on our second pizza. Finally my pizzas taste like my Aunt Rosie's pizza. Half Sicilian and half Japanese.

do you have A-Price stores in your area? It's a store that sells foreign foods. Taco shells are expensive though, but I usually make my own. The herbs and seasoning are really at a good price, volume wise that is. Now if they can only reduce the price of canned pitted black olives.

Oh, I like that your crust is thick. Looks crunchy too!

do you have A-Price stores in your area? It's a store that sells foreign foods. Taco shells are expensive though, but I usually make my own. The herbs and seasoning are really at a good price, volume wise that is. Now if they can only reduce the price of canned pitted black olives.

Thanks, actually, the crust was a tad too thick. It needs a lot of practice, lol.

We switched to OK Mart. They also have a lot of imported goods, like Italian mineral water (the fizzy one), Czech beer, Stilton cheese and real Muesli, at affordable rates.

Thanks, actually, the crust was a tad too thick. It needs a lot of practice, lol.

We switched to OK Mart. They also have a lot of imported goods, like Italian mineral water (the fizzy one), Czech beer, Stilton cheese and real Muesli, at affordable rates.
We don't have OK Mart here. But A- Price caters to the small restaurant owners so their prices are somewhat reasonable and I guess profitable for the business owners. You have a link for OK Mart. I wonder if they ship. Remember Foreigner Buyers Club. I recently found out they closed and the owner moved back to the States and got into preaching the Gospel. They were the place to go before Costco came to town. I think that is what killed FBC.

Anyway, the dough is easy to make through trial and error. People say you should mix the yeast in warm water and then add it, but that doesn't work out to well with a bread machine. 320 grams of flower makes those pizzas you just saw. I use tomato puree with some virgin olive oil and a dash of sugar. Good for pizza sauce I think.

Here's the link:

It seems they are only in the Kanto area. I remember the FBC website, although we have never ordered there. I read that the owner moved back to the US to undergo cancer treatment.

Here's the link:

It seems they are only in the Kanto area. I remember the FBC website, although we have never ordered there. I read that the owner moved back to the US to undergo cancer treatment.
Wow! That's a big chain store. Must be nice to have such a store like that.
I didn't read anything on the site about cancer, but I sure hope he made a full recovery from it. Nice guy and their staff were very friendly. At the time we had no import stores here in Ube so we really mind the prices and shipping cost. Times change and I guess we got to change with them.

Oh, hopefully soon I'll be cycling to Shikoku and onward. Wife had her 2 jabs so I needed to hang around for 3 weeks to see if any complications and then we just had the typhoons and this week rain is forecasted, so after that I should be packing.

The heat this year seems to be different, either that or the feel comes with age. Never felt any danger of the heat, but now I do. August is hot, but the evening now are getting cool.

Oh, hopefully soon I'll be cycling to Shikoku and onward. Wife had her 2 jabs so I needed to hang around for 3 weeks to see if any complications and then we just had the typhoons and this week rain is forecasted, so after that I should be packing. The heat this year seems to be different, either that or the feel comes with age. Never felt any danger of the heat, but now I do. August is hot, but the evening now are getting cool.

Shikoku is on my bicycle shortlist, too. The heat is something else this year. I did 80km up and down the Tama today and I'm completely knackered. Must be the age! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom