What's new

All around Sports talk

How bout those Jazz.....Ok, I'm not a Jazz fan or anything. But it's still nice to see them do well. Im sure it won't last long though.

What's everyone's thoughts about college football right now?

Who do you think will win the heisman?

What teams are you rooting for?

I'm a huge USC fan due to my alumni status, and I can't wait until we win out and cause a BCS controversy for the title game. I think USC-Ohio State would be a good game, but I'm a bit concerned about our ability to deal with all the weapons OSU has offensively.

Troy Smith will win the Heisman, and it probably won't be that close.

I sure hope Michigan doesn't make it to the championship. They already had their shot at beating Ohio State. So, I'm with you on this one MeAndroo. USC against Ohio State would be great.

Does anyone else hate the way the BCS works?

I sure hope Michigan doesn't make it to the championship. They already had their shot at beating Ohio State. So, I'm with you on this one MeAndroo. USC against Ohio State would be great.
Does anyone else hate the way the BCS works?

BAH! Who doesn't hate the b.s. BCS? Other than presidents of all the schools who rake in the loot from being in the big bowl games. Annoying as hell, but unfortunately, it doesn't figure on changing, not in our lifetime.

:eek:

Well, the BCS is only contracted through either next year or the year after, so there very well could be a change. The BCS only controls like 5 bowl games, but they're the big ones.

Michigan has a good argument for being in the title game. They only lost one game, @ OSU and only by 3. USC lost to unranked Oregon State. USC's schedule was tougher, so it's really a matter of who people would rather see in the BCS Championship...so far, looks like it's USC.

Did any of you watch the USC vs. UCLA game? Also I would like to send my condolences to MeAndroo.

That's crazy! Where does that put USC in the Bowl Games?

Who will it be? Michigan or Florida in the National Championship game?

Personally, I think Michigan will get another chance at Ohio State. But I hope Florida gets in.

Last edited:
I'm so glad that Florida got in.

Mainly because I would like to see Urban Meyer win a National Championship, along with the former U of U player. Two years ago Utah was ranked 4th in the BCS and played Pittsburgh at the Fiesta Bowl. Now that Utah isn't doing so well, we will at least have someone with Utah ties have an opportunity to win the Championship.

STUPID UCLA! Although I guess I should be mad at USC for not showing up on a crucial Saturday. ARGHH!

Ohio State is probably going to beat whoever plays them, but anything can happen. I'm curious to see what the spread is on the BCS Championship.

I'm so glad that Florida got in.
Mainly because I would like to see Urban Meyer win a National Championship, along with the former U of U player. Two years ago Utah was ranked 4th in the BCS and played Pittsburgh at the Fiesta Bowl. Now that Utah isn't doing so well, we will at least have someone with Utah ties have an opportunity to win the Championship.

Well, after all the bitching Meyer did, I'm not surprised Florida got the number two spot. It also didn't hurt to have had USC choke like dogs against the Bruins.

Well, after all the bitching Meyer did, I'm not surprised Florida got the number two spot. It also didn't hurt to have had USC choke like dogs against the Bruins.

Hey sometimes Bitching pays off right? If you don't speak up, you never know, an opportunity could have just walked right past you. Good for Meyer!👍

Colts Win With----DEFENSE?!?!?!

After their defense was made the laughingstock of the NFL during the regular season for their collective ineptitude, especially against the run, Indianapolis has allowed the grand total of 14 points in two games while rendering two of the league's best runners, Kansas City's Larry Johnson and Baltimore's Jamal Lewis totally ineffective in the process. Truthfully speaking, I never thought I'd see something like that happen. What the Colts have done on defense in the playoffs so far is Twilight Zone surreal. Somewhere up in heaven, Rod Serling is smiling.

I think stranger than that is that the Saints are in the NFC Championship Game. And of course, they would pick the year I can't see any of the games to do this. :sick:

I was kind of hoping that Reggie Bush would make it to the Super Bowl, but then come up short again!:D

I hope the Colts win.

Can anybody think of some players that will make an impact for this coming NFL season?

I'll say, for now: Alex Smith and Vince Young.

Vince Young had a great season. He showed that he definitely has what it takes to be a difference maker in the NFL. I don't see anything but blue skies ahead for him.

I think we have to wait until after the draft to really pick who's going to make a big difference. I'll assume you're referring to players who break out, as opposed to mentioning established players like Peyton and LaDanian.

I think we'll see bigger things out of Lawrence Maroney (RB New England), Matt Leinart (QB Arizona), and Jay Cutler (QB Denver). They all have help on their side of the ball and were good college players. As far as the rooks coming out this year, I'm betting Calvin Johnson (WR Georgia Tech) and Greg Olsen (TE Miami) will be playing a lot.

Yeah, I am referring to break out players.

I have not actually considered the draft picks. But I think Mr. Brady Quinn will get picked early in the first round. I see him as a great QB in later years. But if he starts in his rookie season, then I expect to see a lot of "Ls" and few "Ws". But hey, he's a rookie. It happens to the best of them. Often too.

Back
Top Bottom