What's new

All around Sports talk

not gonna happen Jeff!

My, my! Aren't we feeling our oats! Well, rest assured that Hasselbeck, Alexander and the rest of the Seahawks will bring your Giants down to size on Sunday! I can't wait!

:D

Yo, CC1! Where are you, home slice? I'm just dying to hear your explaination for the Giants suffering that beatdown at the hands of the Seahawks, just like I predicted. Don't be encouraged by your boys scoring 30 points, clearly Mike Holmgren took his foot off the gas after Seattle went up 35-0, the final score wasn't even close to explaining what happened in that game. Ahh! Sweet revenge! Gotta love it!

:D :D :D :D :D

Yeah, but my Giants started to come back (damn it!). Just imagine the mutilation that will happen when the seahawks play the eagles.

Those poor Eagles. Their feathers will be plucked right off.

Yeah, but my Giants started to come back (damn it!). Just imagine the mutilation that will happen when the seahawks play the eagles.
Those poor Eagles. Their feathers will be plucked right off.

Right. Gotcha. Anything you say, homes. Just keep on telling yourself that. Perhaps one day you might even come to believe your rantings!

This is the Raven's year. I can feel it! 📣

I used to be a big Titan's fan until they treated Steve McNair so crappy. I can't support a team that doesn't show any respect to the player who has carried them on his back for so many years. I hope McNair lights up the league, especially the Titans.

I really do feel good about their team though. They have veteran players on offense that still produce. Their defense is always strong.

They have always had Ray Lewis to be a strong, vocal presence on defense. Now, in McNair, they finally have someone who can do the same for the offense.

Right. Gotcha. Anything you say, homes. Just keep on telling yourself that. Perhaps one day you might even come to believe your rantings!

I always believe my rantings. Because they are true. Sometimes....Ok 50/50. :eek:

It's OK, I don't even think my Giants will make the Playoffs. They have no Discipline.

It's better to be an Eagles Fan than a Giants Fan, for this season anyway.

The Eagles will collapse again...they still can't get over the hump, and I don't think Donovan can keep up this level of play all season!

The Bears are the team to beat in the NFC! As long as they keep a ground attack, they are deadly!

The AFC is still wide open! Colts show flashes, but aren't really good enough, Bengals and Steelers are showing weaknesses.

Right now in the AFC, it looks like the Ravens will be there, but the Patriots are beginning to look scary! The Chargers still have a good chance...that is if Marty will take the handcuffs off Rivers!

Oh yes. The Bears ARE the team to beat for sure.

The Colts are undefeated but are still going to come up short like last year.
Poor Manning. I do hope he gets a ring before he retires.

The Chargers will come up short again too.

The Ravens finally have something they've lacked for years which makes them more dangerous than ever----a quarterback! Amazing what a good passer like Steve McNair can do for a moribund offense like Baltimore's. Right now, they're the best team in the NFL.

Meanwhile, da Bears are the best team in the NFC. The way they *****-slapped Seattle Sunday night was ridiculous. Shaun Alexander could've played and the Seahawks STILL would've lost. But watch out for New England, anyone who thought they were dead in the water didn't know squat about football. As for Indy, I'll believe in them when they make it to the Super Bowl, and not before!

Lastly, my Eagles. I'll admit they haven't played a complete game yet, but I think they'll pull it all together against Dallas. Oh, by the way, T.O. will be in town. Should be awfully interesting!

I don't know. I think the Bears would beat the Ravens.

T.O. gets way too much attention. Too much drama.

T.O. gets way too much attention. Too much drama.

Especially when his quarterback is throwing ducks all over the field. Sure, Bledsoe got hit on a couple of those turnovers, but the lob he threw in the 4th quarter that was about 10 yards short of where it needed to be, and the INT in the end zone at the end of the game were just ridiculous. No excuse. TO wasn't a factor, but this loss wasn't his fault.

Especially when his quarterback is throwing ducks all over the field. Sure, Bledsoe got hit on a couple of those turnovers, but the lob he threw in the 4th quarter that was about 10 yards short of where it needed to be, and the INT in the end zone at the end of the game were just ridiculous. No excuse. TO wasn't a factor, but this loss wasn't his fault.

I would agree. Still, it was fun to watch T.O. slink off the field with his tail between his legs like the loser he's become since becoming a member of the hated Cowgirls. I suppose if you tried hard enough, you can blame T.O. for everything from summer's high gas prices, global warming to my having lost socks in the dryer at the laundermat Sunday morning. HA!

Gosh, how bad was Dallas' line?!?!? Bledsoe was getting thrown around and slung to the ground on every play, it seemed. I'm a big T. O. fan, so I hated to see Dallas lose that one.

I hated to see my Ravens lose even more though. I still think they're a better team than Denver. McNair just had an off-night. My hope anyway!

Gosh, how bad was Dallas' line?!?!? Bledsoe was getting thrown around and slung to the ground on every play, it seemed. I'm a big T. O. fan, so I hated to see Dallas lose that one.

Having watched the game (and, being an Eagles fan, loving every minute), it wasn't so much a problem of the Cowgirls' line being bad, but rather Bledsoe's near total lack of mobility, standing in the pocket way too long and being unable to escape Philly's pressure which was relentless throughout the game. All in all, it was lots of fun....fun for the Birds who won!

Bledsoe has long had a reputation of holding the ball too long and not moving around (which was one reason that TD run was so surprising) and Philly likes to blitz. A lot. You have to make them pay in single coverage and with well run screens and properly called runs. Dallas was able to hang in there until the last minute of the game despite all the turnovers and poor secondary play. They lost, but it was on the road against a great opponent.

Da Bears!

I am not a Bears fan but I guess da Bears are da team to beat after last nights game. It seems like destiny is on their side. Can anyone believe how Arizona fell apart with a 20-0 lead at halftime? Da Bears ended up winning the game 24-23 without scoring one offensive touchdown and six turnovers by the QB Grossman. Unbelievable! Also it didn't help that Arizona's kicker missed a 40 yd field goal with about a minute left. I'm glad I watched it as it is definitetly one for the record books.

Go back a few months ago and you couldn't find anything postive posted about this guy. Now all the Yankee fans are in mourning?

Yeah, he wasn't a Yankee for long and was only their fifth starter. I don't think he was going to be brought back for next season anyway. It was still a sad thing to happen to anyone though, especially a young husband and father.

Hi! Are there Chelsea FC fans here? Or, perhaps, the fans of rival teams (i.e. of Man U, Liver, Arsenal, Barcelona)?

I've met many English guys on the forum. What football teams do you support? Wanna discuss the English Premier League or the Champions League? 🏈

Chelsea FC will become champions for the third consecutive time. 👍 What d'ya think? ;-)

Dear Barcelona fans, tonight we are gonna kick Barcelona's arse again. 👍 :box: 👍 I hope you don't mind. :D

TrueBlue foreva!!! Go Chelsea!!!
📣 👍

Again I ask (Just for Jeff) What happened to those Eagles? Have they totally forgotten how to play?

Any NBA fans? The Heat looked terrible, Phoenix choked to a VERY young Laker team, and Chicago looks like they'll lock up a top 4 seed in the East this year. Can't wait for Clips/Suns tonight!

I LOVE the NBA. I'm a huge Washington Wizards fan. I think Gilbert Arenas is going to lead them to a great season.

I think the Heat will have another good year too. They're getting older, but they still have really good players at every position and a couple of bench players that would start on almost any other team. Dewayne Wade might be the best player in the league.

Back
Top Bottom