What's new

考えてみましょう / 文型で学習 / も

eeky

先輩
8 Jun 2010
Hiya,

1. This is a question from a reading comprehension exercise:

本文の内容を参考にして色によってイメージがどう変わるか考えてみましょう。

My translation: "Referring to the content of the text, try to think how (people's) impressions (of colours) vary depending on the colour."

I'm not very sure about 考えてみましょう. "Let's try to think" doesn't seem to work in this context, so is it more of an imperative, telling the student what to do?

2. This is a heading for a vocabulary list:

本文新出語 (*は文型で学習)

My translation: "New vocabulary in the text (* means that the word is studied in the model sentences)"

Is this OK? Especially, I am not sure I understand the purpose of で学習.

3. 両親が結婚したのは戦後間もなくですが、その当時は食 べ物もあまりなかったそうです。

Translation given: "My parents got married soon after the war ended; I hear food was scarce then."

Although understand the gist of this fine, I do not understand the purpose of the two もs very well. Sorry to keep asking about も; I really struggle with it for some reason.

1. This is a question from a reading comprehension exercise:
本文の内容を参考にして色によってイメージがどう変わるか考えてみましょう。
My translation: "Referring to the content of the text, try to think how (people's) impressions (of colours) vary depending on the colour."
I'm not very sure about 考えてみましょう. "Let's try to think" doesn't seem to work in this context, so is it more of an imperative, telling the student what to do?
Yes. It's an imperative usage of the volitional form, a soft/gentle version of 考えてみよう.

2. This is a heading for a vocabulary list:
本文新出語 (*は文型で学習)
My translation: "New vocabulary in the text (* means that the word is studied in the model sentences)"
Is this OK? Especially, I am not sure I understand the purpose of で学習.
We need more context to answer exactly, but your interpretation seems right.

*は文型で学習したことがある単語

3. 両親が結婚したのは戦後間もなくですが、その当時は食 べ物もあまりなかったそうです。
Translation given: "My parents got married soon after the war ended; I hear food was scarce then."
Although understand the gist of this fine, I do not understand the purpose of the two もs very well. Sorry to keep asking about も; I really struggle with it for some reason.
間もなく is a set phrase.

The second も means "too/also". It suggests that food is one of the examples (clothes, utensils, etc.). However, you can also think it's a kind of euphemism, since it's sometimes used even when there's no other examples.

Back
Top Bottom