What's new

Fashion Colleges and Universities in Japan

raekenzi

後輩
17 Oct 2005
(Not sure if this is the right place to put this but it is regarding education:))

Hey all, need some help here. I've been searching google but am coming up short. I'm writing a letter to my school in hopes of giving them information about the benefits of an Exchange with a Japanese Fashion University or College. I found a list of Graduate schools and some good news articles to help my cause, but I was wondering if anyone had any resources that could help me.

Mainly I am looking for

Articles (regarding: The influence Japan has on American Fashion Trends, The sucessful designers who have studied in Japan-not just Japanese designers. There are more but I've found a few good articles that should work. Any other beneficial articles would be great too.)

Universities and Colleges in Japan(Including American and International) that offer Majors related to Fashion (I can do the rest of the research, just need a link that will send me in the right direction.)
US Fashion Universities that currently exchange with Japan (again I can probably find these on my own and don't want to put anyone out.)

Anything else that relating to the above items.

I really really appreciate it!!!

I have found one school: Kobe Design University.
One more note: I know about the testing and general information regarding going to a University in Japan. That is not the information I am begging for. (Just putting this out there so I don't get flamed about how difficult it is to test into school or the level of Japanese needed.) At the moment I just need information to build my case. I would be happy to post my finished paper when it is complete. See, our school already has exchanges with France and Italy, but after starting at my school you can't transfer in credits, so while going on my own is a possibility, the credits would just float around. Also most of our exchanges are done through competitions, where only a couple students "win" and get to go abroad. Which means the chances of *me* going are slim, but with almost four years to go here, That's atleast 4 possible 8 opportunities for me.

Again thank you for any advice, support and/or good will sent my way!

Raekenzi

I don't know a lot about the fashion industry but will contribute my two yen worth here:

A university that is known for art and design here in Tokyo is Tama Art University, the alma mater of Issei Miyake:
Tama Art University
It appears to have quite a few international students.

Here is a list of national, public, regional and private universities and colleges that offer courses in art and design:
Universities
Junior colleges
There are hyperlinks to these schools. Look for words likeツ ニ弾ニ鱈ニ湛ニ耽ニ辰ニ停?ケ or 窶「ナセ窶倪?「ツ or 窶「ナセツ湘シ used to refer to "fashion-related courses"

A very prestigious fashion college in Tokyo is Bunka Fashion College:
http://www.bunka-fc.ac.jp/index2.html
This is the alma mater for Takada Kenzo, the Koshino sisters, the designer behind COMME CA DU MODE (if I remember correctly) and many more. They have international students, too.

Here is an article of someone who graduated from Bunka Fashion:
http://metropolis.japantoday.com/tokyo/553/fashion.asp

You may find more information from the articles in this website. Good luck! 🙂

OMG you two are amazing thank you!

I really appreciate your links. This should be a very interesting letter. Thank you. I'll post as I go along.

Reikenji

Fashion Mechandising

Hi!
There is a wonderful school for Fashion Merchandising, if you are interested in that aspect. It's in Tokyo and the name is IFI Business School. Here's a link to it, but it's all in Japanese. Good luck!
IFIビジネス・スクール 😌

Hey y'all,

I'm researching on different fashion universities to consider once I finish my diploma. But most of the sites I went, I couldn't really make sure what sort of course they were offering (certificate, diploma, degree etc.). I really want to study further, maybe even continuing my diploma to a degree. Does anyone know what is required to transfer abroad to study, any links? I'd rather not start from scratch, to be honest..

Arigatou gozaimasu!

(I hope someone answers this.. The last post here was in 2005.. T-T)

Hi...
what about for japanese students who already completed their high schools and want to go abroad and taking fashion major ? which fashion school that they prefer to go and which country ?
thank you..

There are many colleges around the globe for Fashion design and Fashion technology. I want to join makeup artist school in japan. Can any body suggest me. I search a lot but do not find any good school or institute.
Fashion design and Fashion technology colleges are:
bunka fashion college/bunka women's university (Tokyo, Japan)
Nagoya Women's University
Nagoya Zokei University of Art & Design
Nanzan Junior College

There are many colleges around the globe for Fashion design and Fashion technology. I want to join makeup artist school in japan. Can any body suggest me. I search a lot but do not find any good school or institute.
Fashion design and Fashion technology colleges are:
bunka fashion college/bunka women's university (Tokyo, Japan)
Nagoya Women's University
Nagoya Zokei University of Art & Design
Nanzan Junior College

For learning to be a makeup artist you would probably have better options from a 専門学校 (vocational school) rather than a university..

Back
Top Bottom