• Had it before, might have it again.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I have eaten it more than once.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I tried it once.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sure, I can eat almost anything.

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • Yes, if it was served to me by my host.

Votes: 23 23.5%
  • Yes, but only as a matter of survival.

Votes: 13 13.3%
  • No way, Jose. No matter what.

Votes: 36 36.7%

• Total voters
strongvoicesforward said:
They therefore mercilessly beat dogs in order to make them as fearful as possible just before killing them so that the adrenaline gets to flowing.
Well, do you have any source for this beyond AR activist sites? AFAIK, dogs may get hit on the head to stun them & then they are cut open to bleed out. Not really the nicest of slaughtering methods, but by far not as inhumane as you make it out to be. This is anyway the traditional way, nowadays they are mostly killed by electroshocks.

bossel said:
Well, do you have any source for this beyond AR activist sites? AFAIK, dogs may get hit on the head to stun them & then they are cut open to bleed out. Not really the nicest of slaughtering methods, but by far not as inhumane as you make it out to be. This is anyway the traditional way, nowadays they are mostly killed by electroshocks.

I am not sure I can find a non-Animal Rights source on it. But since you specifically said AR activist site, I am sure to be able to find AW activists site. Keep in mind, they are not the same.

Sometimes a non-biased source does not exist for something that hasn`t drawn the care of any group or person that does not care about that thing which is being protected/campagned for or researched. Does that make the information put out by that group always faulty and not admissable for consideration -- of course not.

For example, if the NAACP brings a suit against a Denny`s restaurant for racial discrimination and brings forth evidence in court, the judge is not going to say, ツ"Uh, well, since you are the NAACP all your sources/evidence is biased and therefore inadmissable, so please have all your evidence brought forth by a 3rd party not having any connections related to Civil Rights or discrimination against black people.ツ"

PETA has had undercover footage shot of abuse in labs. Those were used in court hearings. The judge never said, ツ"you are an AR org and therefore your evidence is not going to carry much weight. Do you have something that is not associated with AR groups?ツ" -- No. The evidence proffered is looked at on its own merit and not discarded merely because of the person or org proffering it.

I have never said to a Christian, well, because you are Christian or the site you are referring me to is a Christian site, therefore I am not going to consider the Bible as the word of god. The Bible is the point to study for its validity despite he or whichever group is putting it forth. It is false for me to say, ツ"do you have any sources beyond Christian sources for me before I consider the Bible as the word of god?ツ" -- No. I can look at and examine the Bible regardless of the group championing it and decide if it is valid or not based on it alone.

Other examples can be brought forth with womens` rights, gay rights groups etc... Most parties who bring forth evidence for change have vested interests and their evidence gathered by themselves is permissable and examined soley on the merit of the evidence and not that group or person which put it forth.

If the messenger is not allowed to put forth evidence merely because they are biased in a way in which they are championing either for or against something, then very little social change or court cases could ever be brought forth. Those bringing forth the bills or laws to change something are most always biased and it is not always the case that disinterested parties have studied the situation. So, to just say off the bat, or to imply that they want sources other than AR sources for something in order to consider it seriously is wrong. If it exists, fine. If it does not exist, then the AR source is not diminished or weakened by the fact alone that their evidence is put forth by them even though they may certainly have a bias. The evidence needs to be looked at and then judged on its own.

So, I will post some links to animal affiliated groups on the matter.
----------------------------------

Having said all that, I will go back and adjust my comment to that of ツ"killing dogs slowly by beating them to cause a flow of adrenaline is one method in which they are slaughtered.ツ" In most cases there are various ways of doing things and I should have qualified that statement. Though I did say in my original post on it that ツ"many people in China and Korea believe...ツ" That did qualify it as not ツ"all.ツ" However, I am still against it just as surely as I would be against slavery even though some ツ"houseツ" slaves may have had a good life barring freedom,, or some plantation owners treated their slaves well, barring freedom.

I am not sure I can find a non-Animal Rights source on it. But since you specifically said AR activist site, I am sure to be able to find AW activists site. Keep in mind, they are not the same.
Sometimes a non-biased source does not exist for something that hasn`t drawn the care of any group or person that does not care about that thing which is being protected/campagned for or researched. Does that make the information put out by that group always faulty and not admissable for consideration -- of course not.
For example, if the NAACP brings a suit against a Denny`s restaurant for racial discrimination and brings forth evidence in court, the judge is not going to say, ツ"Uh, well, since you are the NAACP all your sources/evidence is biased and therefore inadmissable, so please have all your evidence brought forth by a 3rd party not having any connections related to Civil Rights or discrimination against black people.ツ"
PETA has had undercover footage shot of abuse in labs. Those were used in court hearings. The judge never said, ツ"you are an AR org and therefore your evidence is not going to carry much weight. Do you have something that is not associated with AR groups?ツ" -- No. The evidence proffered is looked at on its own merit and not discarded merely because of the person or org proffering it.
I have never said to a Christian, well, because you are Christian or the site you are referring me to is a Christian site, therefore I am not going to consider the Bible as the word of god. The Bible is the point to study for its validity despite he or whichever group is putting it forth. It is false for me to say, ツ"do you have any sources beyond Christian sources for me before I consider the Bible as the word of god?ツ" -- No. I can look at and examine the Bible regardless of the group championing it and decide if it is valid or not based on it alone.
Other examples can be brought forth with womens` rights, gay rights groups etc... Most parties who bring forth evidence for change have vested interests and their evidence gathered by themselves is permissable and examined soley on the merit of the evidence and not that group or person which put it forth.
If the messenger is not allowed to put forth evidence merely because they are biased in a way in which they are championing either for or against something, then very little social change or court cases could ever be brought forth. Those bringing forth the bills or laws to change something are most always biased and it is not always the case that disinterested parties have studied the situation. So, to just say off the bat, or to imply that they want sources other than AR sources for something in order to consider it seriously is wrong. If it exists, fine. If it does not exist, then the AR source is not diminished or weakened by the fact alone that their evidence is put forth by them even though they may certainly have a bias. The evidence needs to be looked at and then judged on its own.
So, I will post some links to animal affiliated groups on the matter.
----------------------------------
Having said all that, I will go back and adjust my comment to that of ツ"killing dogs slowly by beating them to cause a flow of adrenaline is one method in which they are slaughtered.ツ" In most cases there are various ways of doing things and I should have qualified that statement. Though I did say in my original post on it that ツ"many people in China and Korea believe...ツ" That did qualify it as not ツ"all.ツ" However, I am still against it just as surely as I would be against slavery even though some ツ"houseツ" slaves may have had a good life barring freedom,, or some plantation owners treated their slaves well, barring freedom.

Do you actually have any information sources on the most commonly used methods of dog ethanasia when concerning food consumption though?

Or did you just find a site that was dedicated to animal welfare/rights that implied that they had discovered info that implied that most dogs were brutally beaten to death because people thought the hormones released into the dogs blood tasted better etc?

I don't think it is "common" sense unless you share the same "common" values. Is it the dog's intelligence or character? Pigs can do many of the same things and make quite good pets. I think the distinction between pets and meat is basically cultural.

sabro said:
I don't think it is "common" sense unless you share the same "common" values.
I personally don't see much "value" in eating what is obviously an animal that can do so many things and that is loved by millions of people around the world and in homes around the world. Except maybe Korea and China where dogs are boiled alive. 😲
sabro said:
Is it the dog's intelligence or character? .
It is both. It is the dog as a whole being.
sabro said:
Pigs can do many of the same things and make quite good pets. I think the distinction between pets and meat is basically cultural.
It may be cultural indeed. Pigs are great too! :) But they are not able to help the handicapped, help the blind and deaf, not able to help the Police, Law Enforcement agencies, Fire Departments, Military, not able to help retarded and mentally handicapped children and adults, not able to be played with to an extent as so many dogs can, not able to be kept inside a home and be for so many a "member of the family" as a dog can! 👍

Last edited:
Uchite said:
that is loved by millions of people around the world and in the homes arond the world.
& there are millions of people around the world who hate dogs.

But they are not able to help the handicapped, help the blind and deaf, not able to help the Police, Law Enforcement agencies, Fire Departments, Military, not able to help retarded and mentally handicapped children and adults, not able to be played with to an extent as so many dogs can, not able to be kept inside a home
In short: Wrong!

Tokis-Phoenix said:
Do you actually have any information sources on the most commonly used methods of dog ethanasia when concerning food consumption though?

Since when is "slaughter" called euthinasia?

...Or did you just find a site that was dedicated to animal welfare/rights that implied that they had discovered info that implied that most dogs were brutally beaten to death because people thought the hormones released into the dogs blood tasted better etc?

Well, I am sure the orgs or the people who supplied those sites or media with information most definitely did not go to every market in China or Korea or witness every dog slaughtering operation. Those places they did witness however moved them to create action against the practices they have seen. I cannot read Korean or Chinese so I am not too certain as to the reply is of the market reps where those things happen. But it does happen.

Now, those who say they wouldn`t mind eating dog meat just have to ask themselves if they feel comfortable supporting an industry in which reports have depicted these practices. If they do, then they do not take the potential brutal practices of causing pain to these dogs into account in their decisions.

If there is an industry where reports are comng out of exploitation, suffering, and causing pain because of a certain product, I would choose to forgoe that particular product. I would not say, "well, because I don`t know for sure that is how it is for most of that product being produced, I will rest assured thinking it is possible that the product I have purchased is untainted." I do not have time to travel around to all nooks and crannies of an industry to where that product is being produced to satisfy my curiosity on the point. As a person being a part of society, to some degree I allow myself to trust reports in the media or information outlets and make some decisions based on those reports.

If given the opportunity I think I would try it. Ive trveled quite extensivly and have sampled a wide varitey of meats (everything from buffalo to seal) and I think that when youre in a different country its nice to sample what they consider to be a good meal.

Killing an animal of any kind to eat it is cruel when you think about it, I myself find moo cows too be unspeakably cute but next time I go out to eat I'm sure as heck gonna order the tripple patty burger, so I dont think it would hinder my enjoyment of it too much.

My neighbor had a potbellied pig named Stanley. He lived in the house and had his own bed in the living room. He could fetch. He was "litter box" trained. He could let himself in and out the back door. He could do about five or six tricks- cover himself with a blanket, put his toys in a bucket... He was a pretty cool pet.

bossel said:
& there are millions of people around the world who hate dogs.!
This has nothing to do with whether anyone loves or hates dogs. I was simply mentioning that there are many who do love dogs. Just because you may not love an animal does not mean you should eat it. Do people who eat steer, cow, pigs, chickens and other animals hate them? Even if they don't actually love the animal, they will still eat it.
bossel said:
Are you denying the fact that dogs have done these things and been all the things I mentioned? How many pigs are used to help guide the deaf, blind and handicapped?

Since when is "slaughter" called euthinasia?
Well, I am sure the orgs or the people who supplied those sites or media with information most definitely did not go to every market in China or Korea or witness every dog slaughtering operation. Those places they did witness however moved them to create action against the practices they have seen. I cannot read Korean or Chinese so I am not too certain as to the reply is of the market reps where those things happen. But it does happen.
Now, those who say they wouldn`t mind eating dog meat just have to ask themselves if they feel comfortable supporting an industry in which reports have depicted these practices. If they do, then they do not take the potential brutal practices of causing pain to these dogs into account in their decisions.
If there is an industry where reports are comng out of exploitation, suffering, and causing pain because of a certain product, I would choose to forgoe that particular product. I would not say, "well, because I don`t know for sure that is how it is for most of that product being produced, I will rest assured thinking it is possible that the product I have purchased is untainted." I do not have time to travel around to all nooks and crannies of an industry to where that product is being produced to satisfy my curiosity on the point. As a person being a part of society, to some degree I allow myself to trust reports in the media or information outlets and make some decisions based on those reports.

Yes but you are avoiding my question, where exactly did you get your info from i.e. a site, book etc?
You've made alot of comments on the way animals are slaughtered in various threads, but you never tell anyone where exactly did you get your info from?

bossel said:
& there are millions of people around the world who hate dogs.

I agree, pigs are actually more intelligent than your average labrador technically- they are amoungst the most intelligent animals in the world.

Tokis-Phoenix said:
I agree, pigs are actually more intelligent than your average labrador technically- they are amoungst the most intelligent animals in the world.
I agree with you to an extent. Pigs are very intelligent. In fact, I don't eat them. But where is the proof about them being more "intelligent" than the average Labrador? How many police departments or law enforcement agencies use pigs in place of Labradors?

Uchite said:
I agree with you to an extent. Pigs are very intelligent. In fact, I don't eat them. But where is the proof about them being more "intelligent" than the average Labrador? How many police departments or law enforcement agencies use pigs in place of Labradors?

Well using pigs in the police departments instead of dogs would just be highly unpractical for the most part, they grow massive, consume a huge amount of food and are slow in comparsion to dogs. Dogs are only really used in most police departments for sniffing down drugs for the most part, their agility and smaller size and requirements just makes them more practical than pigs to use.

Here is a short peice on pig IQ;

Re: Have pigs got a higher IQ than dogs?

So although no animal has had a human IQ test done on it, its widely believed by sceintists/animal psychologists that pigs are very intelligent.

Hey strongvoicesforward, where exactly did you get your info from i.e. a site, book etc?
You've made alot of comments on the way animals are slaughtered in various threads, but you never tell anyone where exactly did you get your info from? I've never seen you give a single source to where you get your info from and i want to see some before you keep on making bold comments about the ways animals are slaughtered- this generally goes for most threads as well, because you say your comments like they are facts.

Pot Belly pigs can be trained as drug sniffing animals, as service animals and make great pets.

Charlie's Tacos

Ate tacos at Charlies many times. Located Okinawa, Japan. Only item available was tacos. Guess what, learned they were made with ground cat meat!! What a surprise. Guess dog would be close. Be sure to use lots of taco sauce.

Uchite said:
Do people who eat steer, cow, pigs, chickens and other animals hate them? Even if they don't actually love the animal, they will still eat it.
Just my point. Even if you like an animal, you still can eat it. Therefore, even if dogs are loved by millions, that's no argument against eating them.

Are you denying the fact that dogs have done these things and been all the things I mentioned? How many pigs are used to help guide the deaf, blind and handicapped?
The question is not whether they are used as such, but whether they are able to.

Back
Top Bottom