What's new

Worried about kyo

Right, a year has passed since I started this thread and.. I'm still worried about him. Not as much though but the feeling is still there...
How about you?

Wow, I actually sat through and read everything ☝ Anyways, I used to be worried about Kyo..but I figured his problems are his problems....only he can help himself in the end so I pray that he does feel better and that the other members of the band let him know that they are there for him. Also, a little off topic but ..I saw Dir en grey on Feb 1 and there were amazing! Kyo put on a very emotional performance (one part he even made crying/screaming noises for about 2 mins o.o) ...There is no doubt that he has gone through/is going through some pain but I personally feel that performing allows Kyo to release tension and I think it makes him feel much better. Dir en grey has been together for many years now so I don't think Kyo need to stop working. I think his job is something that he loves to do. I don't think anyone should take the pics of his carvings too seriously. I mean, yes, I'm sure the cutting was inspired by something dark and deep, however, Kyo does like to get a rise out of fans so I'm sure much of it is for a visual to his already emotional performance.... Kyo fish-hooked (stuck his nails in his mouth and ripped it open)..his cheeks at this last concert and cut his stomach all over. I cringed, others screamed widly, and Kyo smiled. Basically what I am trying to get across is that Kyo enjoys getting a rise out of people. He has cut himself on stage many many times so it does not surprise me that he would cut himself and take a pic. Yes it does say "no future" but he has also put buckets on his head during lives that said "idiot" or "rape me" so.....yeah I think he is just letting loose..
sorry...not sure where that was going :/ ....aaaand I am sorry for any grammar errors and blah blah blah😌
...and I got Shinya's autograph (SCORE! 2 points for Arishia 🙂 )

I know it's been a long time since this thread but would any survivors have the whole interview with Kyo? I had it once but I unfortunatly lost it -_- One of my friends would like to read it....she's a big Kyo fan-nya :3

Kyo fascinates me more than he troubles me...I'm sure he's got a lot of issues and things, but since we'll probably never know if something is truly wrong (unless he kills himself...which would, obviously..suck), I'm just gonna watch him in awe, because, no matter what his emotional state is, the public self-harm seems to me like it's for enhancing the performance - the audience's experience and his own.

Hm...this probably made no sense, but I just read all 10 pages, and felt like posting...^^ OH and I, too, would love to see that whole interview.

Last edited:
oh dear kouji-sama....how you never cease to amuse me. Well, I would be lying if I said Kyo doesnt worry me....Kyo IS Diru (along with Totchi). And thus, I hope only the best for him....(and Totchi...hehe)

I don't think KYO would kill himself. I think he is a lot stronger then that and believe it or not I think he is too much in love with life to do something like that. I know there may be proof of it otherwise but I seriously believe that he would never end his own life. It seems like it would be what he may do but I am sure he has a future and that he knows he has a future.
Somethings and some people have hurt him really bad, at this point he just needs to grasp onto something that will make him happy and I know that performing makes him happy.
I think maybe he feels like he is alone and lost. Maybe he needs someone. Maybe he is waiting for that someone and everyday he waits and they never come and then he realizes "Maybe I am alone..." I mean having all this fame and all these fans isn't the same as having that "person" you know.
Someone once made a comment how in his music videos he seems to be reaching out for something or somebody. But he never can get to them. I have noticed it in some videos...can't remember which ones.
I just don't get how fans cheer him on when he hurts himself. I would be calling some one to help him or burst out crying. I mean I like blood and have watched him cut himself on videos but actually being there, being maybe able to make him stop, I just couldn't watch.:(
I guess he gets a "kick" out of it and I don't know.
What kind of fans are we if we cheer him when he cuts himself or fish hooks himself?*shudders* What the **** is wrong with us?
I mean it is his choice and "style". He has said that sometimes he cuts himself and he doesn't bled, fans get annoyed and say he isn't giving. what?
I mean the guy is in pain and he cuts himself for our pleasure? Our pleasure, cause I am not even sure if he wants to, he does do it but does he think "Yah, I get to cut myself again today! Joy Joy!"
I mean what does his band truly think. I want to know. I love them but do they ever try and tell Kyo "Hey man, just not today, not today Kyo..."
Kyo, Kyo, Kyo!
I just want to give him hugs and more hugs and more hugs and just make him happy. I know we all would want to make him happy. Be strong Kyo! *luvs and hugs and kisses*

Kikyos_souls:
You have basically stumbled on the same issue that we all are discussing and the only way to know is to ask the man himself, other than that.. one can just speculate. I don't know how many times I have yelled at the computer screen when seeing him cut himself and asked: Why doesn't anyone react?? What the hell are the other members doing?? Why don't they stop him or try to help him...? I have very mixed emotions towards Dir en grey. One side of me loves them. I can honestly say, without exaggeration, that they changed me and my life (for better and for worse) and I respect them endlessly and my feelings are not the OMG-they-are-so-cute type of BS but I truly feel that I owe them my gratitude. And then there is the other side of my that gets so angry when I see what their are doing. Self-mutilation, darkness, darkness and more darkness. I get so pissed when Kyo does it and the others just keep playing. For f*ck sake Kaoru!! You are the bloody leader, DO SOMETHING!!! And not just because I care about Kyo but also since he has such tremendous power over people (I wonder if he even knows) and others have/will follow his example and start cutting themselves.
Teens have a hard time as it is and to know that the man you love and respect does a thing like this for whatever his reasons are can't be very good.
I personaly fellt weird when I saw him do it Live. I thought that I would be crying or be angry but I just.. I don't know how to explain it but it might have been that I didn't quite believe it when I saw it. I didn't want to believe what was happening. I can't remember how I reacted - If I screamed or just looked... Actually, the whole Live made me feel weird.

Also, I said that I had a feeling he will end his life. Obviously, I can't predict the future so I don't actually KNOW, but that was the feeling I got when I found out about the NO Future thing. But the man has suicidal tendencies. He made that clear when he said that he wanted to kill himself when that girl left him...

I have heard though that he has a g-friend now, doesn't he? So maybe he's feeling a bit better these days.

Child_prey:
I agree with the power he has over people and that is what is so damn scary. I think he knows it but it never comes full circle until something happens. Usually terrible. I just remember reading about Hide's death and how four fans tried to commit suicide and two accomplished it. It just makes me so sad cause I don't think they want this kind of power. I hear about fans doing crazy stuff all the time.
I'm sorry if I went all hardcore, I did realize that you were just very worried and yes you just had a feeling. I re-read my post and it did sound like I thought you could predict the future. Sorry. I just find it very heart warming to see fans concerned about their idols.
I think Kyo would appreciate your thoughtfulness and concern. I just hope he knows that there are people out there who care what he does and that watching him hurt himself makes them really sad.
Like so many I just want to get inside his brain and find out what is really going on inside. I also feel, not just Kao, anyone should just take him a side and talk to him. But maybe they have already tried it. Who knows? Maybe they are in the reasoning that he's a grown man, he can do what he wants to do. I know that reasoning is just stupid but then again we would have to ask them right?
As for suicidal tendencies I agree. From his lyrics, his actions and yes I read somewhere where he said that.*shudders* Another thing that puzzles me or may answer the whole why isn't anyone calling 911 when he cuts himself, that it's all just what everyone calls the "shock and applause" factor. Lots of rockers do it to get a kick, etc. etc.
Personally I think that maybe taking it too lightly. We are just making excuses for something that can turn into a total hell. We say it's just their way of getting fans to get the "shock" treatment or whatever. I think it's the real thing and I hate to say this, in an exaggerated case, but if someone did call for help and got Kyo pulled off stage by paramedics I think people would turn on that fan like bees on honey (Not in a good way).
This is his way of expressing his pain and in a way some people just cheer it on. Maybe he has just gotten to the point where he doesn't care so much anymore and he just does it cause that is what is expected of him. Seriously whenever I think of a DIRU concert I think "Poor Kyo's gonna claw himself at one point or cut himself or punch himself." Maybe that is so wrong of me.
As for you witnessing the whole thing in real life. *gives you a hug* I don't think we should see stuff like this. I mean it is a bad world but seeing your idol
hurt themselves infront of you and your just standing there like a deer in headlights...Then again when there is a car crash and were in our car driving by what do we do? We gawk at the sight and try and see what happened and
try and spot any dead bodies. Yup, Humans, marvelous aren't we?
Yeah I heard he has a gf too. I actually pray he does. Then there is more to for him to be happy about and if she hurts him or does anything to make him fall off the deep end I will personally make sure she gets what is coming to her. Sorry I don't mean to sound all bitchy or anything but in many ways you just want to protect Kyo cause he seems so frail and sensitive.

I agree with all of you*applauds* Now Kyo couldn't ask for better fans ^_^ And I reacted the same way when I saw him cut himself LIVE....I didn't know how to react. It actually changed my perception of ''it's just for the show'' to ''is he serious?'' As much as I want to understand him, I never will, unfortunately, unless I randomly meet him and becomes bestfriends with him XDDD Which is something that will surprise the hell out of me if I do so =_=

Kikyos_souls:
First of all, I didn't mean to be so harsh with my last reply, it seems my emotion got the better of me and I ended up yelling at the whole world. Sorry for that.

And here lies our problem. We can talk, speculate, guess, yell all we want but for one, Kyo himself won't read this thread and also we don't really know anything about the subject. I mean, we only know what we see. It's not like we have asked him so I suppose if you think about like that, our discussion is pointless. But, I still feel that getting your opinions heard is important esp. when someone you care about is in pain and you want to express your concern.

I haven't seen it myself but I have heard about fans that bring with them sharp objects to their Lives and cut themselves when Kyo does. And I don't know what Kyo thinks about it or even if he is avare of it but there you hear the alarm and something needs to happend in order for this to stop. Stop Kyo from doing this and stop those young people. I realise that you don't cut yourself for fun, there is always a reason and those reasons tend to be problems at home, school etc. These problems wake up emotions in them like, sadness, angs, hatred and self-hatred. in order to deal with their reality they reach for drastic measures like self mutilation in order to release the pain/make them feel pain - punish themselves/draw attention and so on.
Very often, they don't have anyone to confide in. An adult for example, because they are scared to tell anyone or they feel that the adults will misunderstand them/judge them so they keep to themselves.
What I want to say is that there is help to get but one doesn't always know where to get it and so society has to take their responsibility and it will gain no one if we all just turn our heads and look away and pretend we don't know about the issue.
It may be so that Kyo believes that people WANT to see him cut himself, frankly, many do almost cheer him aon and praise him for being so hardcore for doing it. It started as a way of showing his pain but now he has a pressure on him from the audience to perform with real blood on his chest and if he doesn't, they will be disappointed. There is this Rammstein song where the lyrics express this phenomenon (or catastrophe as I would like to call it).

On a bridge, quite high
A man holds his arms open
There he stands and still hesitates
Right away the people swarm in droves
I won't miss out on it either
I want to see it up close
I get into the first row
And scream

The man wants to climb from the bridge
The people begin to hate
They form a dense crowd
And don't want to let him down
So he climbs back up
And the mob begins to rage
They want his innards
And scream

Jump
Redeem me
Jump
Don't disappoint me
Jump for me
Jump into the light
Jump

Now the man begins to cry
A cloud moves in secret
Asking himself what have I done
in front of the sun, it gets cold
I just wanted to see the view
the people break ranks
and look into the evening sky
And they scream

Jump
They scream
Jump
Redeem me
Jump
Don't disappoint me
Jump for me
Jump into the light
Jump

A cloud moves in secret
in front of the sun, it gets cold
But a thousand suns burn just for you
I creep onto the bridge in secret
and kick him in the back from behind
I redeem him from this shame
and I scream to him

Jump
Jump
Redeem yourself
Jump
Don't disappoint me
Jump for me
Jump
Don't disappoint me ...

Sadly, this is a human thing and can be explained psychologically.
You know a long time ago when they hanged people on the squares and people came to watch it like it was entertainment? This is the same thing.
Humans are capable of doing pretty much anything in this world, doesn't matter if you are a psychopath (lack of empathy) or the nice girl next door.
Anyone can become a serial killer allthough the psychopath didn't care in the first place, the nice girl did and probably felt bad for doing it. But after doing it again and again, she became numb and the killing was almost a normal thing to her now - just a part of her job. You become distant after some time and you start to accept it. Your brain makes up excuses and "normalises" the situation. It's a defence mechanism everyone has in them. Without it, we would fall apart from all of lives hardships. And if something becomes normal and you are used to it - used to get it/see it then when you are refused that thing you become angry and hate. The fans that say that Kyo cuts corners when his chest doesn't bleed enough have long reached that state of mind. To them, this is purely a show and they paid for the ticket and want to se him bleed. And it tears me up inside to say it but.. he brought it on himself. If he hadn't started it, it wouldn't have evolved like this. Now it's up to him to stop this. Of course, people will get angry that he did but for his sake and others, he needs to stop!

Sorry for the reeeeaaally long post, if you made it this far, congratulations! 😌

Child_prey:
Oh, Spring? Rammstein fan too? One of my three faves.(Zeromancer, Rammstein and Diru. Weirdly all dark bands...) I find that both bands are similar in ways, both have dark, sad disturbing lyrics and Till will sometimes abuse himself on stage. I am not sure he does that anymore though. I hope not.
You make a lot of good points. The whole hanging entertainment and the psychopath and that friendly girl next door... But then again like you said, it is good to get your thoughts and emotions out about someone you care about, but its sorta like walking in a brick wall if they don't even realize that we exist hence this discussion doesn't exist equaling pointless. I mean its a start.
Your point about he has to stop for himself I agree entirely. It's up to him and we can sit here and write back and forth how we want him to but back to your first point. Man it just goes back to that point...Gezzz.
*bangs head on keyboard* I don't even know if there is anything more to add really...

yuna_leska:
Yeah we will never understand him unless... One of us does become best friends with him somehow. But even then again who knows?
Maybe he doesn't even tell his best friend anything, maybe he just lets it stew inside him.

Kyo said in an interview somewhere (dont remember where, sorry) that from his negative attitude is where all his songs come from. Like for instance, you ever write a poem after someone broke up with you? for some people, it's easier to write happy genki, and for others not so much.
I liked the old Diru better, but I think that's because when I was 20 I connected with them then.. now that I'm 30 I dont feel the need to surround myself with "someone who knows my pain" because I make my ownl life.

Back
Top Bottom