What's new

Why Japanese make themselves similar to Americans?

if you are Russian you should know that you are considered as our step brother so why you try to find a fault about us?
Russian government is not yet as successful in suppressing freedom of thought as Iran or North Korea.

What this means is Russian nationals may disagree with official policy of Russian state. Russian state-owned media may broadcast propaganda to assure it's citizens that Sharia law harmonizes with Russian traditions, that DRPK is a proletarian paradise, that if a child witnesses LGBT pride event it will grow up homosexual or that European producers lace their cheese with poison to kill us Russians. But there are still ways to check facts and get authentic information even in Russia.

As a result I am free to share moral and cultural values with citizens of countries which Russian officials consider "enemies" and free to condemn moral and cultural values of countries which Russian officials consider "friends". And to tell the truth i think Russian officials are terrible at picking their friends. Although i still believe that many people in Iran or any other "official friend-nations of Russian Federation" may share my values. At least i want to believe.

And even though i'm aware of some economical sanctions imposed on Russia by many Western governments, in fact my standard of living suffers quite tangibly from those sanctions, i still distinguish people from governments. Politics is politics, i don't want my views to be affected by it.

Last edited:
From what i see this is trend not just in Japan. In half Europe (mostly the western part) it's just the same.
It is some kind of social phenomenon, a very troublesome one. I guess it's becouse of the quick development of connection and this suddent cosmopolitism comes with it's negativities.

I think Japanese people always subconsciously aspire to look more Western looking (such as whitening their skin/wearing blue eye contacts, getting blonde hair). I think Japanese people want to Westernize themselves (not just Americans) because people always want to be what they're not. We get excited when Hawaiian pancakes or NY cupcakes come to Japan, but I agree it's not the major population that want to look American.
whitening their skin ? their skin is already white, compared to "white" americans. if they wanted their skin to look like "wasp" skin they'd try to add some pink color instead.

it's true that US culture is very popular in japan but the skin whitening isn't a part of it. japanese women used to do that in the medieval japan already and you can still see that in the geisha's make up.

Why Iranians make themselves similar to Americans? Iran leaps into world’s top 10 countries performing plastic surgery | The National Apparently they are not happy that have Iranian nationality and hooked noses!
In my opinion it is not important whether your nose is hooked, droopy, roman, snub or upturned what important is whether you can afford rhinoplasty or not.
plastic surgery exists every where and hooked nose exists in US as well. reducing a big nose doesn't mean you want to look american.

Back
Top Bottom