What's new

Why do Muslim women wear veils?

Most Christians believe that Jesus did change God's law from all that was said in the Old Testament. They believe he had authority to do so because he was the son of God, i.e., God's incarnation on earth. This belief is probably the main thing that divides Christians from Jews and Muslims.

Incidentally, in English usage, "caliphate" is the system of government. "Caliph" is the word for the man that heads that government. I'm still not clear on how a caliph is elected or appointed, though. Is it a position that's passed down from father to son, as for a king or emperor?

I think much of what you're talking about is culturally-based, as opposed to based in the Muslim religion. I've heard Muslims in other parts of the world express different interpretations than yours. For example, most American Muslims don't want to cut off the hands of thieves and stone adulterers.

I haven't read the entire Quran, but some parts that I have read seem to me, like various passages of the Bible, either vague and ambiguous or applicable to their time and place (thousands of years ago in the Middle East). When I was a child, women still wore head coverings in Catholic church. They no longer do so. Why? Did God change his mind?

Incidentally, in English usage, "caliphate" is the system of government. "Caliph" is the word for the man that heads that government. I'm still not clear on how a caliph is elected or appointed, though. Is it a position that's passed down from father to son, as for a king or emperor?
Caliph is elected but in most part of Islamic history the caliph was king,As prophet Mohammed told us it will be caliphate for 40 years and then the rule will be kingdom and then dictator (witch is now) and after that real caliph witch is next.

Caliphate - Wikipedia

I know not all Muslims are madmen. I get that Islam is inherently peaceful, and it is through the misconstruing of the message within the Quran that certain psychos get it in their heads to do what they do. I just don't see a crackdown occurring on people who abuse women throughout the Middle East. There are some really strict, if not insane punishments awaiting women who disobey! There has been plenty of coverage where Middle Eastern women have had their genitals sewn shut, were stoned to death, whipped, had acid thrown in their face, hanged, and so forth. I could go on and on, but do you see the point I'm getting at?

There is something inherently wrong in the Middle East. It may be very well because of the British messing the region up for a couple hundred years, but it's up to denizens of the Middle East to get it together and join the world community.

i wish those muslims can read quran good

surat - al bakara
And when it is said unto them: Follow that which Allah hath revealed, they say: We follow that wherein we found our fathers. What! Even though their fathers were wholly unintelligent and had no guidance? (170)

and understand it also , and i wish world don't mix between bad people and muslims cuz we are not angels

It sounds as if non-Muslims living under a caliphate would have no vote on who would be the caliph. Am I right?

I'm not willing to judge or label all Muslims for the acts of some. The fact that some Muslims distance themselves from the acts of others does help prove my case, though, that there are obviously different interpretations of the Quran and Sharia law.

Why do different sects of Muslims in the Middle East and elsewhere fight and kill each other? Shi'ite versus Sunni, etc., etc. And doesn't each tribe or sect think that God is on their side? That their interpretations of God's will are the only correct ones?

It's hard for anyone to compromise and live in tolerance when each thinks that God is on their side. If you think that way, well, then you can't imagine compromising without letting God down. Right?

It's just my opinion -- and not worth much because I don't live over there -- but now that freedom is in the grasp of some, you should really think hard about what kind of new government you want to live under. If it's a religious government, then whichever sect is put in charge will make the other sects unhappy. I find it hard to imagine the whole of the Middle East living under one caliph.

RolandtheHeadless: I also find it hard to imagine all the sects of Islam being treated fairly and properly of another. I hate to judge many based on the actions of a few, but I seriously doubt that there wouldn't be at least some attempt at ethnic cleansing by this Caliphate in the Middle East. And don't any of you dare say otherwise, it's happened all over the world. We should be better than it now, but we aren't.

brothers, if you wants to ask any question, please start a new topic so permeated the interest ,I think that we forgot the main question for this topic :D

"And don't any of you dare say otherwise, it's happened all over the world."

The Western (European, American) experience with religious government is a poor one, yes.

A religious government must dominate all other faiths. In a secular government, the various faiths need only tolerate one another.

"brothers, if you wants to ask any question, please start a new topic so permeated the interest ,I think that we forgot the main question for this topic"

If I understand correctly, the answer to the "why" question of this thread is, Muslim women wear veils because the Quran/Sharia law requires it. My suggestion is that it's mainly because the culture requires it.

Some of the Muslim women who posted here seem to be saying that they feel comfortable in veils, and uncomfortable without them, in public. Few women in the West would feel comfortable wearing a veil in public, mainly because they would be the object of attention. Jewish and Christian women once wore veils too; but the cultures they lived in changed. Culture includes religious values, but there are many other factors. In the US (and modern Europe), a mixing of immigrants from all over the world has required us to be tolerant of other cultural values, even if we don't agree with them.

I think it's true anywhere in the world that a scantily-clad woman will attract male attention and lustful thoughts. In the West, the culture demands that men control their thoughts or at least not act out on them. In Muslim countries, are women expected to be responsible for someone else's thoughts?

Women have lustful thoughts too, you know. Why aren't men responsible for preventing women's improper thoughts?

"And don't any of you dare say otherwise, it's happened all over the world."

The Western (European, American) experience with religious government is a poor one, yes.

A religious government must dominate all other faiths. In a secular government, the various faiths need only tolerate one another.
And this doesnt go on Middle East.
In europe the religious governments were the worst in the history.
But in here during the Islamic caliphate people were living in peace,Caliphs themselves had Christians/Jews doctors and other jobs.
But now we (Muslims/christians/jews/...etc) live like prisoners.
Anyway,it would be better to open new thread for this topic because we have alot to discuss,

Yeah, we've seen how well recent Islamic governments respect human rights in Iran and Afghanistan (Taliban).
Who said something about about Calpihate in Iran or Afghanistan ?
Iran is totally different than the other islamic countries,And also Taliban is very extremist group,i found many horrible lows in there,and many lows have nothing to do with Islam.
Caliphate has never been like Taliban,Also the Fatimid caliphate (if we can call it caliphate) was the worst state ever in the Islamic history.

Also Saudi Arabia,They will never be caliph however they try,Caliphate is very far beyond these dictators and corrupted systems.

You can find more about Caliphate in this link :
Caliphate - Wikipedia

Please don't compare the current corrupted system to Caliphate.
If you read the earlier islamic history you will find out how tolerant/beautiful Caliphate was.

I think your vision of a caliphate is idealized, utopian, and not realizable in today's world.

Here is why Americans are frightened of the word "caliphate" (from your wikipedia link):

Al-Qaeda
Main article: al-qaeda
One of the clearly stated goals of the terrorist group al-Qaeda is the re-establishment of a caliphate.[46] Bin Laden has called for Muslims to "establish the righteous caliphate of our umma."[47] Al-Qaeda chiefs released a statement in 2005, under which, in what they call "Phase five" there will be "an Islamic state, or caliphate." [48] Al Qaeda recently named its Internet newscast from Iraq "The Voice of the Caliphate."[49] According to author Lawrence Wright, Ayman al-Zawahiri (Bin Laden's mentor and Al-Qaida No.2 in command), once "sought to restore the caliphate...which had formally ended in 1924 following the dissolution of the Ottoman Empire but which had not exercised real power since the thirteenth century." Once the caliphate re-established, Zawahiri believed, Egypt would become a rallying point for the rest of the Islamic world, leading the jihad against the West. "Then history would make a new turn, God willing," Zawahiri later wrote, "in the opposite direction against the empire of the United States and the world's Jewish government."[50]

I think your vision of a caliphate is idealized, utopian, and not realizable in today's world.

Here is why Americans are frightened of the word "caliphate" (from your wikipedia link):

Al-Qaeda
Main article: al-qaeda
One of the clearly stated goals of the terrorist group al-Qaeda is the re-establishment of a caliphate.[46] Bin Laden has called for Muslims to "establish the righteous caliphate of our umma."[47] Al-Qaeda chiefs released a statement in 2005, under which, in what they call "Phase five" there will be "an Islamic state, or caliphate." [48] Al Qaeda recently named its Internet newscast from Iraq "The Voice of the Caliphate."[49] According to author Lawrence Wright, Ayman al-Zawahiri (Bin Laden's mentor and Al-Qaida No.2 in command), once "sought to restore the caliphate...which had formally ended in 1924 following the dissolution of the Ottoman Empire but which had not exercised real power since the thirteenth century." Once the caliphate re-established, Zawahiri believed, Egypt would become a rallying point for the rest of the Islamic world, leading the jihad against the West. "Then history would make a new turn, God willing," Zawahiri later wrote, "in the opposite direction against the empire of the United States and the world's Jewish government."[50]
Can i ask you some questions in return ?
- How did Muslims react towards AlQaeda ?
- Is alQaeda a country or are they even 1% of Muslims ?

You just shocked me when you said "Americans are frightened of caliphate' !!! is it really like that ?

Do you really think that one the goddamn Alqaeda members will rule us ?
or even from Taliban ?

And by the way Would you be happy to be ruled by Russia or China or North Korea ?

Caliphate is based on justice/morals that's why we are looking forward to recreate it.

I recommend you to read about Caliphs so you can know how the caliphate and the life during caliphate was.

Take Umar ibn al-Khattāb and see how he converted to Islam,His story is just very wondeful.
Umar - Wikipedia

Western Views :
In his book Mahomet and His Successors, Washington Irving estimates the achievements of Umar in the following terms:
The whole history of Omar shows him to have been a man of great powers of mind, inflexible integrity, and rigid justice. He was, more than any one else, the founder of the Islam empire; confirming and carrying out the inspirations of the prophet; aiding Abu Beker with his counsels during his brief caliphate; and establishing wise regulations for the strict administration of the law throughout the rapidly-extending bounds of the Moslem conquests. The rigid hand which he kept upon his most popular generals in the midst of their armies, and in the most distant scenes of their triumphs, gave signal evidence of his extraordinary capacity to rule. In the simplicity of his habits, and his contempt for all pomp and luxury, he emulated the example of the Prophet and Abu Beker. He endeavored incessantly to impress the merit and policy of the same in his letters to his generals. 'Beware,' he would say, 'of Persian luxury, both in food and raiment. Keep to the simple habits of your country, and Allah will continue you victorious; depart from them, and he will reverse your fortunes.' It was his strong conviction of the truth of this policy which made him so severe in punishing all ostentatious style and luxurious indulgence in his officers. Some of his ordinances do credit to his heart as well as his head. He forbade that any female captive who had borne a child should be sold as a slave. In his weekly distributions of the surplus money of his treasury he proportioned them to the wants, not the merits of the applicants. 'God,' said he, 'has bestowed the good things of this world to relieve our necessities, not to reward our virtues: those will be rewarded in another world.'

In his book The Caliphate: Its Rise, Decline, and Fall Sir William Muir says as follows about Umar:
Omar's life requires but few lines to sketch. Simplicity and duty were his guiding principles; impartiality and devotion the leading features of his administration. Responsibility so weighed upon him that he was heard to exclaim, 'O that my mother had not borne me; would that I had been this stalk of grass instead!' In early life of a fiery and impatient temper, he was known, even in the later days of the Prophet, as the stern advocate of vengeance. Ever ready to unsheathe the sword, it was he that at Bedr advised the prisoners to be all put to death. But age, as well as office, had now mellowed this asperity. His sense of justice was strong. And excepting the treatment of Khalid, whom he pursued with an ungenerous resentment, no act of tyranny or injustice is recorded against him; and even in this matter his enmity took its rise in Khalid's unscrupulous treatment of a fallen foe. The choice of his captains and governors was free from favouritism, and (Moghira and Ammar excepted) singularly fortunate. The various tribes and bodies in the empire, representing interests the most diverse, reposed in his integrity implicit confidence, and his strong arm maintained the discipline of law and empire. ... Whip in hand, he would perambulate the streets and markets of Medina, ready to punish slanders on the spot; and so the proverb,-'Omar's whip more terrible than another's sword.' But with all this he was tender-hearted, and numberless acts of kindness are recorded of him, such as relieving the wants of the widow and the fatherless.

In The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, Gibbon refers to Umar in the following terms:
Yet the abstinence and humility of Omar were not inferior to the virtues of Abubeker: his food consisted of barley-bread or dates; his drink was water; he preached in a gown that was torn or tattered in twelve places; and a Persian satrap, who paid his homage as to the conqueror, found him asleep among the beggars on the steps of the mosch of Medina. Oeconomy is the source of liberality, and the increase of the revenue enabled Omar to establish a just and perpetual reward for the past and present services of the faithful. Careless of his own emolument, he assigned to Abbas, the uncle of the prophet, the first and most ample allowance of twenty-five thousand drams or pieces of silver. Five thousand were allotted to each of the aged warriors, the relics of the field of Beder, and the last and the meanest of the companions of Mahomet was distinguished by the annual reward of three thousand pieces. ... Under his reign, and that of his predecessor, the conquerors of the East were the trusty servants of God and the people: the mass of public treasure was consecrated to the expenses of peace and war; a prudent mixture of justice and bounty, maintained the discipline of the Saracens, and they united, by a rare felicity, the dispatch and execution of despotism, with the equal and frugal maxims of a republican government.

In his book History of the Arabs Professor Philip Khuri Hitti has assessed the achievements of Umar in the following terms:
Simple and frugal in manner, his energetic and talented successor, 'Umar (634–44), who was of towering height, strong physique and bald-headed, continued at least for some time after becoming caliph to support himself by trade and lived throughout his life in a style as unostentatious as that of a Bedouin sheikh. In fact 'Umar, whose name according to Moslem tradition is the greatest in early Islam after that of Muhammad, has been idolized by Moslem writers for his piety, justice and patriarchal simplicity and treated as the personification of all the virtues a caliph ought to possess. His irreproachable character became an exemplar for all conscientious successors to follow. He owned, we are told, one shirt and one mantle only, both conspicuous for their patchwork, slept on a bed of palm leaves and had no concern other than the maintenance of the purity of the faith, the upholding of justice and the ascendancy and security of Islam and the Arabians. Arabic literature is replete with anecdotes extolling 'Umar's stern character. He is said to have scourged his own son to death for drunkenness and immorality. Having in a fit of anger inflicted a number of stripes on a Bedouin who came seeking his succour against an oppressor, the caliph soon repented and asked the Bedouin to inflict the same number on him. But the latter refused. So 'Umar retired to his home with the following soliloquy: 'O son of al-Khattab! humble thou wert and Allah hath elevated thee; astray, and Allah hath guided thee; weak, and Allah hath strengthened thee. Then He caused thee to rule over the necks of thy people, and when one of them came seeking thy aid, thou didst strike him! What wilt thou have to say to thy Lord when thou presentest thyself before Him?' The one who fixed the Hijrah as the commencement of the Moslem era, presided over the conquest of large portions of the then known world, instituted the state register and organized the government of the new empire met a tragic and sudden death at the very zenith of his life when he was struck down (3 November 644) by the poisoned dagger of a Christian Persian slave in the midst of his own congregation.

You will be very shocked when you realize the history of Caliphate especially the earlier period.

I really want to tell you more and more,But it would be better if you browse the caliphate history and find the answers to your questions and fear.

And please remember that AlQead is a misguided group contains few members.It has nothing to do with muslims.

"You just shocked me when you said "Americans are frightened of caliphate' !!! is it really like that ?"

Yes, it is, in the general public's mind. Most Americans never heard the word "caliphate" until we heard that al Qaeda wants it. Then the Bush administration began scaring everyone with words such as I quoted previously in post # 186.

Cheney and Rumsfeld don't have much credibility these days, but people do remember the scary word "caliphate," and a few even shout about it when opposing the building of mosques here.

"Do you really think that one the goddamn Alqaeda members will rule us ?
or even from Taliban ?"

I hope not, and am glad to hear that your vision of a caliphate differs from theirs.

"I recommend you to read about Caliphs so you can know how the caliphate and the life during caliphate was."

It appears from your above information that Caliph Umar only ruled for about ten years (634 -644 AD). That doesn't seem to be much of a record to judge by. Were there also evil, greedy, and incompetent caliphs?

It sounds as if a caliphate is a form of monarchy. It's very hard, I think, for a free people to accept the rule of a single monarch. At least, world history seems to suggest that monarchies in general don't tolerate much in the way of free speech and other human rights. I think that's why most Western monarchs (and Japan's) are just figureheads with no real power these days.

I agree with HAZEM they're frightened of caliphate .any good country know about caliphate ,ofcourse they hope this days come back again all what you need about human rights , Justice , Generosity , Supporters of the oppressed even one person can move whole army for him or her , even if not the same as your religion , i think no one her know about it , and i don't think you have books talk about this , and if you have book , they don't want to tell you about the past , they don't want to tell you about the massacres who they did it and we stoped it , The Mongols and the Tatars and the Crusaders ,................. i don't know where you can find the truth story but i wish really this days come back again

This caliphate is never going to happen, mohamed. I imagine there will be a united Middle East, but a caliphate? No. It's an antiquated system, it has no place in our modern world. It would NOT work very well. No, what must happen is a global government. Nation states such as this proposed caliphate and existing ones need to die and embrace the truth of our existence, that we are all similar, that our cultural differences merely form a bond between us and not a wall. This is the fact of the matter.

I imagine a caliphate sounds lovely to you, but it isn't feasible. And there really isn't any argument to be had in regards to discussion. You're not even on topic anymore, mohamed, despite you requesting this thread be brought back to it's original topic earlier. Why do muslim women wear veils? This has been answered time and time again. This discussion is dead. What else can be said about it? It's a cultural thing, and why Muslim women wear veils vary from person to person. It could be that they wish to adhere to it for religious means, or that they've worn it for so long that they feel uncomfortable with it off, or that there is a cultural pressure to wear it in their country or their community, wherever they may be.

Feel free to keep kicking this dead horse, but I just can't see anything else that could be added to this thread.

hmmmm no wise man knows what muslims did for world in the past , and also don't like this days come back again , no matter antiquated system or modern , whatever they will bring peace to all world , that's good reson to wish it , i want to give you advice , please if you want to know about someone hear him , don't hear about him , read his books , don't read books talk about him thank you

Last edited:
hmmmm no wise man knows what muslims did for world in the past , and also don't like this days come back again , no matter antiquated system or modern , whatever they will bring peace to all world , that's good reson to wish it , i want to give you advice , please if you want to know about someone hear him , don't hear about him , read his books , don't read books talk about him thank you

You're still posting off topic in regards to this thread's subject. Feel free to make a thread about caliphates if you'd like. :<

the Koran doesn't mention that women have to wear veils.
no thats not right brother :) Koran insists the women wear a veil
this verse from "An nour" ( surah in the Koran and which means Light in english )
this verse says: And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! Turn ye all together towards Allah that ye may attain Bliss.
but muslim men don't wear veils :) just muslim women cuz they must hide their beauty from men except their husbands, children ... like youve read in the verse

Does "male servants free of physical needs" refer to eunuchs?

I don't see in that verse any requirement to cover the face. In fact, requiring women to "lower their gaze" suggests that their faces are exposed.

By the way, if men also hid their beauty, women would have no need to lower their gaze. So, for the sake of consistency, if not equality, men should also wear veils.

They wear the veil to preserve us from seeing their camel face !

I have been around the world and like women of all races. But the only ones I never found any beauty are arab women.

I concluded it is a Yin and Yang matter. Their women are very Yang.

Recently someone argued that to the eyes of the Japanese, all of us Whiteys were the same.

I antagonized him by saying that the Japanese first looked how hairy you are. I am a White male but almost not hairy, like Asians. I must admit that I have a natural repugnance for arabs or the people of India because they are very hairy, this including their women. It is a sign of animality.

Answer for Tokis

Just been really curious about this for a long while now: Why do muslim women wear veils?
Hi Tokis,
There are many different types of veils, which are also worn in different ways. But why do muslim women wear veils?
Is it a mandatory part of their religion, or something that is just socially encouraged?
Answer:
It is mandatory by their religion. In their religion, I was told by muslim friends (I am not Muslim), that it is strictly prohibited to show their body parts, except for face, eyes, and hands. So for legs, necks, boobs, back, body torso, they should not be seen by others.
They are expected never wearing bikinis, even sometime swimming suits.
Do muslim women have real choice over whether to wear or not wear a veil?
Answer:
Whether the muslim women have real choise to wear the veil or not, it depends on the countries regulation.
So if you go to Singapore ( where there is 7% population of muslims), you will freely choose to wear the veils or not (if you are muslim). There is no any restrictions.
But if you go to Afghan or Iran or Egypt, you have to wear veils regardless you are muslims or not.
Does a muslim woman have to wear a veil to be considered a good muslim?
Answer:
Most of the muslim people consider that women with veils are good women.
However in the real life, they are same with non muslim women.
Some of them are even so bad, supporting terrorism and crime activities and Arab mafia.
Why don't muslim men wear veils?
Answer:
Muslim culture is so gender based and discriminate the women. They downgrade and look down the women, especially from non muslim background.
So in Muslim culture, in Afghan or Iran or Egypt or Pakistan or Indonesia, if a married woman is suspected to have an affair with other man, she will be stoned to death.
While for a single woman, if she is suspected to have a premarital sex relationship with a muslim guy, then the woman will be forced to marry the guy (regardless she likes or not the guy).
So if you are a woman, and you are not muslim, be careful if you go to countries with muslims as the major population, they might do the same thing to you, i.e rapping the women, then they will not get help instead they will be forced to marry the rapists.
Even if some muslim men spread gossip that a non muslim woman is not virgin anymore, and having pre marital sex with a muslim guy. They might chase you and force/ press you marry with one of them.
This kind of practice also happen in Indonesia, and unfortunately in some societies in Australia.
It happened in India, Hyderabad, in a Indian MOghul culture.
Why are there so many different types of veils- how come there is so much variation concerning veils?
Answer:
Actually the veils advised in their qur'an book, is the one that only shows their eyes. However some muslims groups, that are said to be modernists, reformed and so on, they modify the veils for more comfortable usage.
Where does it say in the koran that muslim women should/have to wear veils? How did muslim women wearing veils come about?
Answer:
QS Al Ahzab; 59 --> it is said in the internet after I browse it, however I don't understand due to I m not muslim.
Ok, Tokis, hopefully my answers will help u.
Don't hessitate to ask again, if u need more. I will try to help.
🙂:)

I have been around the world and like women of all races. But the only ones I never found any beauty are arab women.
Recently someone argued that to the eyes of the Japanese, all of us Whiteys were the same.
I antagonized him by saying that the Japanese first looked how hairy you are. I am a White male but almost not hairy, like Asians. I must admit that I have a natural repugnance for arabs or the people of India because they are very hairy, this including their women. It is a sign of animality.
i bet your face looks like my A$s...
from what you wrote above you seem to be a big dumb ignorant person.
Camel face !
maybe you are jealous..Arab and Indian women have half of human beauty.

again, you are jealous or big ignorant.

While we're being racist, is it okay for me to point out that you're a smelly French person?

Ok, Tokis, hopefully my answers will help u.
Don't hessitate to ask again, if u need more. I will try to help.
🙂:)

Hahahaha. ><

I've seen some Arabic and Indian women who are drop-dead gorgeous! It's the world's loss if such beauty is concealed.

When I see a woman covered in veils, I never think she might be hiding ugliness. Yet, to Westerners, I think, there is something a bit sinister and alarming about seeing someone with the face concealed. (How can we even be sure it's a woman?)

We depend so much on facial expressions and body language in communication that it disturbs us when we're denied these signals. Without this non-verbal information, we don't know how to interpret her thoughts and intentions.

Yes. I've perused the Koran and I've never seen any mention of veils in it. Like all moral teachers, Muhammad just enjoined women to be chaste and loyal spouses. Muhammad, like Jesus, had lots of women followers because he had far more respect for women than was usual for the time period. Centuries later, cretins came along, in Christianity and Islam, and this is where you get the general understanding that Christianity and Islam are inately misogynistic and want women to be seen and not heard.
First of all, I'm sorry for my bad English.

As a Muslim, I totally agree with Dunadan. Quran or sunnah (customs of Muhammed) does not require women to wear veils. There are two reasons why Muslim women in Middle East are wearing veils:

1) It is their own tradition. Men want to hide their wives from public, don't want to expose them to other men. It is some kind of cultural jealousy.

2) As Dunadan said, the system which is known as "Islam" today is actually not Islam; it is a corrupted form of Islam. As Christianity got corrupted three centuries after Christ, Islam also got corrupted three centuries after Muhammed. But because of the technological status of the World in Muhammed's era, this last religion sent by God is not totally lost (e.g.; Quran is still in its Original form unlike Bible). The people who claim to be Muslim today are believing in and living according to the very same principles which Muhammed battled against.
Therefore, today most of the Muslim people know their religion wrongly. This "wearing veil" thing is just a small piece of this wrong an corrupted knowledge. In Muhammed's era, women was in the same social status with men. But after several centuries, men started to keep their women in houses, and took their social rights from them. This is not Islam's fault, it is the fault of men.

Back
Top Bottom