• Full Metal Yakuza

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Deadly Outlaw Rekka

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Nothingness

and total Randomness!!!
12 Mar 2004
Which movie should i get? (Your vote will decide my choice)

Happiness of the Katakuris

After a family opens a lodge in a remote mountain town, they find that all their guests keep dying--and they take on the responsibility of hiding all the bodies, not wanting any bad publicity. However, their determination might just make things work...

Full Metal Yakuza

Yakuza gangster, murdered in a gang execution, who finds himself rebuilt, ala ROBOCOP, by an insane scientist. Once fully in control of his new powers, he goes on a hunt for those responsible for his death, and seeks revenge at any cost!!!

Deadly Outlaw Rekka

B0002JELR201LZZZZZZZ-1.jpg

After Kunisada's Yakuza leader and father figure is brutally murdered, he and his best friend go on a two-man mission to avenge his death, killing other Yakuza leaders leading to a final confrontation by the old man's killers.

If you want something insane, fun and instantly likeable go for Happiness of the Katakuris, if you want some mayhem and violence i'd pick Deadly Outlaw Rekka over Full Metal Yakuza simply because Riki Takeuchi is amazing in it but also because Kenichi Endo is even better, and it has an amazing opening.

The Happiness of the Katakuris. I not seen it myself but i hear its very good.

RockLee said:
happiness...it's from the maker of "Audition" !! 👍

Yeah all three of these movies were directed by Takashi Miike.

Come on people, I need more votes. (Of course I'm fine with getting "The Happiness of Katakuris")

I'd go with Happiness. Damn wierd film, but fun to watch. My brother like it to and he prefers things like the Babycart series

Nothingness said:
Yeah all three of these movies were directed by Takashi Miike.

Come on people, I need more votes. (Of course I'm fine with getting "The Happiness of Katakuris")

When are you planning to purchase them??? Are you patient enough to wait for more opinions?? 😊

I can't stand Riki T. in any film nowadays... That whole snarling scowling badboy wannabe thing is just way too over the top for me. That aside, Happiness is probably the only original one of the bunch imho.

Nothingness said:
Well I finally got it. And its a great movie. Great songs and claymations!!!

I am glad you liked it!!! I also think it is a very funny movie.....a film I could watch all over again......weird, but funny it is!

Full Metal and Outlaw Rekka were Ok at best.

Happiness is no as jolting as say Ichi but def over the top, and quite a dark comedic work.
Its def a unique movie.
Full Metal Yakuza was sort of like Robo-Cop.
Outlaw Rekka was standard fare, but still decent for the hardcore Miike fan.

You will def dig happiness, truly wackly stuff.

sweet666 🙂

Back
Top Bottom