What's new

What's Up!

8 Feb 2010
Hello,

I am new here and going on my fourth try at learning Japanese. I keep hitting refresh whenever I've been off of the studying wagon for 10 or more days. Anyways, I will mostly be spending time in the Japanese Learning forum, but if you see me elsewhere, feel free to say "What's Up!"

Hey dude, you really don't need to separate your attempts divided by 10 days as "trys". Learning Japanese or any language is a long process and takes a least a few years of good effort for most people to be able to say you have "learned" the language.

Last edited:
Hello,

You are correct, perhaps I need to phrase that better. I didn't expect to learn the language in such a short time, but I do like to keep a steady momentum going, and once that momentum has been broken, or I haven't picked up a book for a minimum of 10 days, then I restart from square one. Luckily, I'm still at square one, so it isn't such a big hassle to get a fresh start.

Welcome,
Good luck with learning Japanese. I would recommend learning kana and kanji to help you keep your momentum learning, I know it has helped me work harder on my studying.

Back
Top Bottom