What's new

What's Up With Avatars??

Grandpa Frank

先輩
21 May 2003
Anyone know the history of avatars? When were they first used, how long have they been popular? Can they be too distracting? Do you like being able to have anything, or should it be limited to standard types? Does it confuse you when a well known forum member suddenly has a new avatar? Do you associate the avatar to the person, or in your mind there is no connection? Why do males have female avatars and visa-versa?
What interesting facts do you know about avatars??

Frank

:? :eek: :? :eek: :?

Well, the real Jean-Francois is a fetish who likes Asian girls only, that's why I use a male avator just to show some respect.

Why did I change my avator? To avoid some angry Koreans who accused me of ...

sometimes i do associate avatars to users names.. but on some forums the avatars are limited so you get 2 or 3 people with the same avatars, that can be alittle confusing if your not paying attention to the user names. 😊

I chose my avatar cus he is funky!!.. thats about all the thinking behind it. :p

Porl''

Well i choose a new avatar recently cos this was better than the legendary bows. As for avatars umm good question, i dont think they have been around as long as forums have. I try to keep the same avatar now, so people will know who it is. Always changing is very annoying. I think avatars are great, i think it does tell you something about the person

I have trouble finding the perfect avatar so i change regualarly. I will be changeing mine today. I have millions of avatars on my asphost account....i love avatars...

hehe Mine is Jiraiya...the perverted Sennen :D

offtopic: hehe this is the ... time you type changeing instead of changing Esca :p

As for me I colored this one with nekomimi myself ^^
I know it's usually girls who wear them but..well...I can't help it but I lOoOve cats :D
I think I've changed my avy for 2-3 times since I subscribed but that's all :p

I was gonna find an avatar no one else had but I saw that one and it looks like me...kinda...so I had to use it!! :D

Back
Top Bottom