What's new

What is the scariest survival horror game you've ever played?

Nosyarg

後輩
9 Apr 2006
I think the scariest game I played was Siren. It's the only game that's ever truely made me afraid to open a door or run around. The sound effects and graphics were very realistic.

Siren 2 is suppose to be getting released in Europe and I hope it comes to America too. siren may not have been the best video game but to me it was the scariest.

ClockTower the first one. I never played the second. But I haven't played very many horror games, so I don't know if there are any others that top it.

Silent Hill. That first game scared the crap out of me. There's a bit when a cat jumps out of a locker - my husband was in the room too and we both screamed out loud!

ooh yeah. Silent hill is scary. I think they are making a movie out of it. Hope it's as scary to watch as it is to play.

The first time I played resident Evil I was scared, because Zombies always scared me. But I couldn't shoot my guns, I didn't know that I had to hold down two other buttons and push X just to kill the zombies. Of course I was eaten. But it's not scary anymore.

Resident Evil scared me when I was 10. Silent Hill wasn't that scary to me, I admit it was highly disturbing, Siren scared me more because the zombies were smarter and when one saw me I started freaking out and tried to run away.

Resident Evil 4 was probably the least scariest survival horror game I ever played. Not that it was bad, but it felt more like an action game then a scary game.

Silent Hill 2......god damn, I love the game but hate it at the same time. It freaks me out like ****.

I was afraid of Doom when it came out !! Actually had nightmares picturing those monsters.

Resident Evil, is very good indeed, but I prefer Silent Hill, whit no doubt.

Just because, Resident Evil titles didn't maintain the quality in all releases. (Have to say, the saga it's a bit inconstant :/) Jus for an example: They Release Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3. Ok they where good. After they released, Code Veronica, which is not a awful game, but didn't maintain the quality of the other titles.
Now, Silent Hill did well until "Silent Hill The Room", which defraud a bit the expectation.

Anyway I'm not a fan boy of silent hill; just appreciate a nice Survival Horror game.

What about Alone in the Dark? Its the first survival horror game after all. Predecessor of all the contestants.
Quake and Doom are shooters. They're not survival horror games.

Why you all forget resident evil ? Its very scary game i ever played. Think about a second. Off your room lights, Put headphones on ears and play it. How to feel ?

Resident Evil 2 scared the crap out of me after a while. The first time i played it, my friends were all like "Seriously that game will scare the sh*t out of you" and i was like "Video games aren't scary, how can a video game possibly scare you??"- famous last words.

I did complete RE2, but it was weird, the more i played it the scarier it got- it wasn't one of those zombie packed shooting games (it still had a fair amount of zombies and other freakish creatures though). The thing was though is that a lot of the time you wouldn't know when to expect zombies, you kinda expected them to be in every room, but then you'd walk into the room and there would only be a chilling silence. So you'd sigh a sigh of relief and would explore the room looking for ammo and possible keys or guns etc, and then leave the room. Not until you came back much later in the seemingly ordinary room would zombies come crashing through a one-way mirror and scare the crap out of you! The game was always leading you into a false sense of security like that, only to scare the sh*t out of you.
I hated the dark rooms and corridors as well, when you could hear things moving in the darkness but couldn't see them.
The coolest thing in the game though was the giant crocodile (a lot of people didn't discover this creature though) in part of the sewers, you would accidentally disturb it and it would chase you down the sewer halls; the best way to kill it would be to knock some gas cannisters as you ran like crazy from it- the giant croc would stop to pick up one of the gas cannisters in its mouth and when it did you turned around and shot the cannister making the croc's head explode! Mwahaha...

The best thing about the early Resident Evil games was the plot, but i think they milked the plot too much over the course of too many games (which is why i lost interest in the series eventually). I was never much of a horror game fan, however resident evil was just too good not to play it, however i have to admit that it did give me quite a few scares and didn't do much to improve my fear of the dark etc.

Silent Hill 2 scared the crap out of me. I didn't even want to play it, it was so scary. The Fatal Frame games also scare me, but I did want to play through them. The fact that SH2 was so scary as to make me not even want to play it makes it number 1 in my book

Project Zero 2/Fatal Frame 2

Seriously. FREAKY AS HELL.

Made me cry like someone killed my puppy at parts of the story.

Fatal Frame. . . the ghosts just scare the life out of me. Just thinking about that game makes me feel the need to hide under my bed!

Back
Top Bottom