What's new

What do you think of Inversion Therapy?

DoctorP

先輩
3 Jun 2004
I've been having a lot of back problems this past year, and lately I have been thinking back to my youth and I remember quite a few people using inversion therapy. This is basically where you suspend yourself upside down to relieve the pressure on your spine. I don't really hear that much about it now, but I did a search and found quite a bit of information on the web.

I was just wondering what this communities thoughts were on it. Have you tried it? Heard good or bad testimonials? Please share your thoughts.

Maybe??

Try and talk your doctor into doing an MRI on your spine. I tried everything without relief for back pain over a 10 year period. Turned out there was a tiny chip of bone pressing on my spine that no X-ray ever picked up. The MRI provides amazing detail (ought to for the cost!) and you could see the bone chip the size of a dime compressing my spine. It was removed last year and I feel like a 20 year old again; went home the next day after surgery without a hitch. Good luck, back problems are a bummer!

Frank

:)

Frank D. White said:
Good luck, back problems are a bummer!
Frank
:)

You said that right! It's amazing how back pain affects your legs as well! I've had a few times where I was extremely limited in movement and could hardly get around. I'm willing to try whatever I must to get some relief!

Awww - I hope you feel better soon. :sick:

I saw something called an 'inversion table' in the Argos catalogue, illustrated with a photo of a guy using it. I thought at the time that it was a device with potential, but the treatment of bad backs never occurred to me. 😊

Back
Top Bottom