What's new

What do you think about Arab people ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've personally met and socialized with a number of arabs as well as persians and kurds. I think the communication possible with these people is highly limited to everyday, harmless things. Very superficial relationships. I don't see how any serious dialogue is possible other than talking about the weather and football.

It seems the only thing you have no aversion to are generalizations...

First of all, the people you have come across in Sweden are likely to be economic migrants. Have you ever asked yourself about their educational background? If they were all "lawyers and doctors" they wouldn't have to enjoy the courtesy of European hospitality. I was fortunate to have spent 14 years in the ME. Arab and Persian societies are fascinating and amazingly multifaceted. And as "superficial" as any other society.

Also, the topics of football, the weather, and family, to name just a few, are conversational icebreakers all over the globe. The weather is definitely the most common starter here in Japan. How often do you discuss Hegel and Schopenhauer with someone you have just met in a bar or on the train?

On a side note, I don't even like football. I consider it as a recreational pleasure for the spiritual lower classes of the industrialized world, and a way of life for those without dreams.

I am sure as part of the spiritual upper class you would indulge in golf, polo, and tennis at best, wouldn't you?

You are sitting on a very high horse, but I'm afraid what you leave behind here on the forum is nothing but condescending and intolerant horsecr*p.

Thomas. You are clearly of a different generation and I meet people with your ideas from time to time. You probably don't even understand what's behind the hospitality and the serving of dried dates and figs as soon as you step inside the door. You truly believe this treatment says anything about the character of a people?
I have grown up surrounded by academic iranian families, as an example. The arabs are refugees, the persians however started coming here even before the iranian revolution. After the revolution the number increased further.

A common saying, worded in different ways but with the same meaning, among iranians is "Sweden is a cheap wh0re. We use her for free education. As an entrance gate into the western world. Then London and Los Angeles awaits us. Today we call Stockholm our home, but tomorrow we will be where the money is. We know no national borders. We are the true aryans and it is our birthright to claim whatever may please us. We are divine beings born from the tears of the heaven's angels, crying for their dead whos blood is our land, Iran, Land of the Aryans".

Recently in Sweden, there was a case with an iranian doctor and scientist who cut of the lips of his wife and ate them because he suspected she was cheating on him.
Iranians are some of the most well educated immigrants in Sweden and yet iranian women stand out as victims of domestic violence. This according to their own women support groups claiming many iranian women get beaten.

Iranians are notorious tax cheaters. So are arabs. Yes, there are a few "nice ones" but even they seem shallow and not able to move beyond fake smiles and serving of dried dates, discussing the weather and talking a little about football.

There are 90-100 million or so iranians worldwide. The only noticeable nobel prize awarded an iranian that I know of was a symbolic peace prize. The peace prize is a Mickey Mouse prize.
Take the jews on the other hand. A people of 16 million or so, even less after WW2, having been awarded three percent of all nobel prizes of all times. There we are talking genuine education with a creative spirit. The persians however view education as superficially as they view everything else. There's no substance behind it and therefore no significant results or impact on the advancement of modern civilization. They are just global market economy predators and opportunists with inflated egos and collective cultural pathological narcissism.

I watched a YouTube video of the most famous plastic surgeon in Teheran. It showed his practice. He considered himself the "Michelangelo" of Iran and played Eine Kleine Nachtmusik while performing surgery. He was overweight and speaking with a lisp as he guided people around his home which was basically a white painted sarcophagus containing stagnated negative energy, decorated with grotesque recreations of european renaissance art not even suited for the dimensions of the house, had they been tasteful in the first place. He made a point of showing how "well educated" and "enlightened" he was. This is the superficial mentality I'm talking about. Vulgar at best.

Also, don't talk about ancient civilizations. The achievements of a people must be seen in relation to the current time and age. Persians, and sometimes arabs too, make a point of chauvinism based on the merits of long dead people who lived during the middle ages or in antiquity. However, even the ancient greeks who favored discipline and restraint described the persians as "decadent, lustful and greedy".

I have honestly never met more cardboard, predictable and shallow people than middle-easterners and my first 10 years of experience of middle easterners was based on academic persians.

Why can't arab countries create and produce much themselves? They have oil and they buy things. They buy german, french, british, american and japanese architects. They buy every building block in the monumental houses they construct. They buy european designer goods. They buy athletes etc etc... It is a mere backdrop functioning as an excuse for "civilization". In some gulf states, half the population is illiterate despite the enormous riches.

If you truly believe in this sort of middle eastern "refinement" and that anyone with a different view must be a brutish, ignorant skinhead or something, then you are the narrow minded person.

Last edited:
Back to my original comment about a movie based on true story, "Stoning of Soraya", a death of an Iranian woman dying as a result of modern day stoning, you quoted "Tolerance is a wonderful thing but Intolerance deserves non". The woman who died of stoning was innocent, and so were the victims of 9-11, they were all innocent civilians. I do appreciate this insurmountable, unwanted attention. However lengthy your comments may be, your quote about being tolerant about stoning death of women, and 9-11 tragedy is misplaced.

Back to my original comment about a movie based on true story, "Stoning of Soraya", a death of an Iranian woman dying as a result of modern day stoning, you quoted "Tolerance is a wonderful thing but Intolerance deserves non". The woman who died of stoning was innocent, and so were the victims of 9-11, they were all innocent civilians. I do appreciate this insurmountable, unwanted attention. However lengthy your comments may be, your quote about being tolerant about stoning death of women, and 9-11 tragedy is misplaced.

Was Soraya stoned by Arabs?

Do you know where you are, and what this thread is about?

Why did you bring 9-11 up? Again, do you know what this thread is about?

A lot of you talking about Iranian and Iran
but this thread is about Arabs
Iranian aren't Arabs!!!!

Yes I know. I brought them up because they are generally more well educated than arabs. I needed an example of a well educated middle eastern people to counter the arguments of Thomas.

I know the difference between iranians and arabs. Your president in Syria, he is mentally/culturally a little bit more like an iranian. His clan has a "persian" way of thinking. He's also very well educated but his actions are those of a monster.

If iranians are allowed into positions of power, they will do the same as what the Assad clan has done. Transform an entire nation into a mafia-network just to suit their own vanity and greed. This is also one reason why I'm strongly against how iranians move around the globe, extending their tentacles. Of course I know Assad is arab, but he's a persianized arab.

I was not expecting such severe interrogations with so many questions, which makes me feel terrorized by people who tolerate stoning death of women and 9-11 tragedy. I do feel terrorized with these insurmountable questions and unwanted attentions. Yes, I indeed do feel terrorized.

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

I do believe I am being terrorized with interrogations and unwanted questions even after I specified those were unwanted, so terrorism do continue on after all.

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

Your insurmountable comments and questions are unwanted as I have specified many times before because they make me feel interrogated and terrorized so let me not repeat myself, your questions and comments are unwanted. You are terrorizing me.

Macrobiotic
Assad's origin is unknown and here in Syria alot of people say that he isn't Arabian
‏ ‏because Assad family came to Syria in the beginning of the 20th century
Then how can you say that Iranian is more educated than Arabs
maybe in Sweden Iranian are more educated
but what about the rest of the World
Arabs is a large nation and you can't say that Arabs are less educated than Iranian
in2012 the population of Arab world was 375million people living in 22 countries
and around 50 million arab immigrants outside Arab world
how can you give a judgment from your mind on 375 million people!!!!!

Last edited:
Whether or not anyone could be classed as Arabian, is a bit beside the point if you ask me. In todays societies, cultural identity has far less in common with ethnicity than it used to be. At least this is certainly the case in my country, though some politicians would have us believe otherwise.
In any case, most people would be surprised if they knew how many different ethnic lineages are in their blood. I even dare say no person on this planet is fully white, black or asian. And even then, different racial traits are very superficial in the bigger picture of the species we call human.

Does it really matter if Assad is Arabian or not? Cruelty is not something one gets born with. No one considers a newborn baby as evil, and rightfully so. Even Hitler used to be an innocent crying little thing in his mother's arms.

I am pretty sure there are Persians who mean nothing but good in this world, and Arabs who would not think twice about harming you for their own benefit, AND the other way around. And this counts for any ethnicity, any religious background, and any cultural heritage.

1- Please do not offend Iranians because of what the Irani government does, They are suffering and as many people saw how the Irani gov did to the Green revolution.
2- There are a big part of un-educated Arabs because of the poor subjects and the super bad economi in many Arab nations.
3- Syrians, Jordanians, Palestinians, Lebanese, Egyptians are the top educated Arabs.
4- 9/11 ! ! ! i don't remember that i was in that plane !!
5- Again, Please do not offend any race for what a group of the same race did.

thanks

If you want to hold all Arabs accountable for what other Arabs and even Persians do, then you should hold all Americans accountable for what other Americans and even Canadians do. Or else you are just a hypocrite.
I agree with your point. However, I find it interesting that you are quick to bring up Americans fighting a war against communism, rather than what Japan did to Koreans in the name of conquest.

I guess I should be a big on topic. I have met some that I have liked, and some that I could do absolutely no business with. I can't say I know the difference, but I am also not sure there is any (geographically).

I view americans and canadians as culturally so diverse that they must be judged on an individual rather than cultural basis (in general, you can however to a certain degree generalize about texans as an example). In the cases of countries with ethnic cultures such as Sweden or Japan I view the decent people as the norm and the scum as the exceptions. Note that with "decent" I mean someone without a tendency to commit criminal and immoral actions such as honor murder, wife beating, tax cheating etc and who doesn't view exterior and materialism as the one truth beside Allah.
However, in the case of persians and arabs I view the barbary as the norm and the decency as a varnish. Like orcs in suits.

Of course, even with more uniform ethnic cultures normally viewed as "civilized" you can change into an individual perspective but there is no absolute, blind justice kind of way to judge people individually in a society strongly influenced by a native ethnic culture. The culture is also a factor and in some cases a "negative" culture, such as in the case of arabs and persians, will be the main determining factor of individual qualities and have priority over these.

Trying to judge arabs on the same scale as for example scandinavians is like trying to explain the engineering of different civilizations by the same detail model even if it uses different fuel, is constructed differently etc and functions differently although with a similar purpose. Judging everyone equal is a scientifically flawed thinking which could not be applied to any real science outside the world of "politically correct humanism".

What you hypothetically would have to do in order to civilize an arab or persian is to kidnap them as an infant, then (not literaly) take out all of their components while filling the shell, which is mostly cosmetic, with the parts of a more civilized culture. This will be their basic values and upbringing. Then add fuel in the form of everyday life and environmental factors and they will form into something which is mentally and culturally not resembling an arab. In another words, forced assimilation beginning at an early age.

However, in the case of persians and arabs I view the barbary as the norm and the decency as a varnish. Like orcs in suits.
I have to say that I have witnessed such things. In such cases it seems even more important to view the individual, so that one does not harm an innocent man. However, you can clearly form an opinion about a culture that would allow such a state.

1- Please do not offend Iranians because of what the Irani government does, They are suffering and as many people saw how the Irani gov did to the Green revolution.
2- There are a big part of un-educated Arabs because of the poor subjects and the super bad economi in many Arab nations.
3- Syrians, Jordanians, Palestinians, Lebanese, Egyptians are the top educated Arabs.

thanks
This is an interesting comment.

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

thanks

Many other country citizens, other than the Arabs and Persians, who live in bad economic conditions and under bad government, do not come to America and kill innocent civilians, 9-11. I was in New York City after 9-11, and there are many Americans who deserve to be highly offended:
1. Civilians who died on 9-11.
2. The firefighters who died while trying to save civilians.
3. Babies and children who lost their parents on 9-11.
4. Parents who lost their children on 9-11 and the list goes on.

To say bad economy and bad government caused their citizens to do this kind of thing is offensive, and so is the comment about not being on the plane on 9-11.

I think his point was that he is not responsible because he did not there, not that he wished to be on the plane. At least that's my impression.

I don't see any problem with the whole population of the US being upset considering it was an attack on people working their daily jobs. How much more inclusive can you get? I could understand an attack on an army, but attacking civilians is indiscriminate and offensive to any culture.

"To say bad economy and bad government caused their citizens to do this kind of thing is offensive, and so is the comment about not being on the plane on 9-11."

How is it offensive for Hezam to point out that he wasn't one of the terrorists in those planes? I think this is true of 99.99 percent of Muslims, by the way.

Leaving aside the sheer horror of that event, what was most offensive to me was seeing footage on TV of Palestinians celebrating the 9/11 attack. I don't think I'll ever forget that. If most Palestinians didn't feel that way, they should have done some counter-demonstrations and shunned the ones who were celebrating.

I was not expecting such severe interrogations with so many questions, which makes me feel terrorized by people who tolerate stoning death of women and 9-11 tragedy. I do feel terrorized with these insurmountable questions and unwanted attentions. Yes, I indeed do feel terrorized.

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

I do believe I am being terrorized with interrogations and unwanted questions even after I specified those were unwanted, so terrorism do continue on after all.

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

Your insurmountable comments and questions are unwanted as I have specified many times before because they make me feel interrogated and terrorized so let me not repeat myself, your questions and comments are unwanted. You are terrorizing me.

If you feel terrorized by simple questions, it explains a lot about your posts.

When you say things like "your insurmountable comments" you know what? It would be nice if you could identify who you are talking about.

It would also be nice to know who you are accusing of being tolerant of stoning a woman to death and perpetrating 9-11.

If you are going to make such horrible accusations, name names, so that instead of risking the odd chance that anyone believes you have a valid accusation, that the accused may defend themselves and expose you for a false accuser.

I don't see any problem with the whole population of the US being upset considering it was an attack on people working their daily jobs. How much more inclusive can you get? I could understand an attack on an army, but attacking civilians is indiscriminate and offensive to any culture.

When I visited New York City after 9-11, it reminded me of a massive grave with pictures of dead people and flowers all over the place. To think this event created many orphans and family members who need them is upsetting.

thanks

Many other country people who live in similar condition as Arabs and Persians, in bad economy and bad government, do not do this, I do hope you are not offended.

This is an interesting comment.

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

Many other country citizens, other than the Arabs and Persians, who live in bad economic conditions and under bad government, do not come to America and kill innocent civilians, 9-11. I was in New York City after 9-11, and there are many Americans who deserve to be highly offended:
1. Civilians who died on 9-11.
2. The firefighters who died while trying to save civilians.
3. Babies and children who lost their parents on 9-11.
4. Parents who lost their children on 9-11 and the list goes on.

To say bad economy and bad government caused their citizens to do this kind of thing is offensive, and so is the comment about not being on the plane on 9-11.
Do you mean i should be killed for being Arab or Muslim ?
Replying to your comments seems a very bad idea !

Schubert, you're the one being offensive in this thread. You brought up 9/11.
The thread is what you think of Arabs, and you bring up 9/11. That's a simplistic and hostile way to view hundreds of millions of people. Maybe you need to do more listening and less speaking on the subject.

I didn't mean to offend anyone. There are over 8 million Arabs and Persians living in US, so I know a bit more about them than people in Japan. Again, I never meant to offend anyone with things I know.

I didn't mean to offend anyone. There are over 8 million Arabs and Persians living in US, so I know a bit more about them than people in Japan. Again, I never meant to offend anyone with things I know.
Apparently you don't know much. I live in Japan. You don't know where I'm from, do you? Do you really want to tell someone you've never met that you know more than them because of where they currently reside? That's dumb.

So what if there are 8 million Arabs in America? How many of them do you know? Are you friends with any? Any in your family? Or are they just statistics to make you feel knowledgable?

It seems like all you know is 9/11, since that's all you're talking about here. It's offensive, whether you're intending to be or not. Zorro's first reply was acute. If a thread was, what do you think of Americans, and a Vietnamese came in to say "napalm and agent orange killed thousands of civilians," I think you would be offended. That's what you're doing here with the little you "know."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom