What's new

What do you think about Arab people ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please provide proof?
proof ----> open your eyes ----> read about the US system ------> focus on this group "Zionism" -----> And then try to know who own the media+Companies+Congress...etc.

very simple, right ?

Ather said:
What i've been saying is, middle-eastern countries should change their opinions and politics about global world if they want to make progress. Because in todays world, no country can stand alone. Even the most powerful needs allies or at least other countries to support them once in a while. But the situation in middle east is worse, they want to stand by themselves, reject any change, and for that, they put distances between other countries. Sometimes this is done by "big powers", sometimes some lousy misguided politican, sometimes by people, but still, it is done. If middle-east don't change their policy, i think it will be worse. This doesn't mean you have to disregard you traditons or beliefs, just adopt to the new world.. Because if you don't people will not be able to understand you, and that misunderstanding can cause much more discomfort. Let people get to know you, thats all..
That's why i kept saying the Caliph is the best solution for the Islamic world,A big nation even bigger than the US with all the abilities ( Oil,Gaz,.etc etc).
Secular system is the worst thing could happen here,see Tunis! they eat the donkeys because of the secular damn system,see when Erdogan came to the gov,he raised turkey again,Turkey is not a part of the west and it won't be,The right place is the Islamic world,did you forgot the 6 centuries of the Ottoman Caliph ? see Turkey now !! it's nothing than a soldier for the west ! but in the Middle East it's a LEADER...
See Iran,the west,All the west can't make a move because Iran is very strong and it has many friends/allies.
But Turkey !!! man think about it.
The Turkish people had enough secular dictators,And as you KNOW for sure,those secular governers are Jewish from the Dönmeh group they are to blame for betraying the Ottomans more than the Zionist Arab.
Please be more honest about this issue.

What you don't know is, Turkish economic system is much worse than 10 years before, the changes government made lately messed the education system, and terrorist activities have been on the rise. The reason you think Turkey on the rise is just political shows to eastern world, davos rage etc.
And what you DON'T know is, donmeh group is not consisted of jews, donmeh is a name given to non-muslim people who worked in legal offices, later accepting Islam. It consists of people from every country which was part of ottoman empire not just jews. Thats why religious countries are bad, you are taught just like what your government wants. - I'm not defending jews here, i'm pointing misinformation - Wikipedia is not a credible source.
Caliphate means lack of freedom, in every way. It's normal that you can accept it easily, as you are grown up like this, but let me tell you something, you are missing a lot. Even you admitted in other posts you were afraid your government could arrest you if they saw your posts, is this your idea of freedom ? Freedom is the most precious thing in this world, and a caliphate, or any government based on religion prevents freedom. Religion is something invidual, no one can tell you what to believe, what to do, its something between you and god. If you let anyone else in, it becomes a power to control masses instead of a way of god. As a non-believer, i have no problem with people of faith, but in a caliphate, would you ensure my freedom ? You can't.. Thats why Turkey is in better situation despite many games and strategies to weaken it. If Turkey was a caliphate after ottoman empire, middle-eastern world wouldn't have lasted this long. Because middle-east still hates western world, and vice-versa. Both are failing to see differences and tolerate it, thats why Turkey changes quickly. 10 years of left wing, then 10 years of right wind and so on. You can be sure, after a while this government will be replaced with the opposite. And that ensures Turkey to be a mediator between east and west. I don't see anything bad about it. Thats why i can do whatever i want without any fear. And you can be sure, at some point in future, religious countries will go secular, sooner or later. Because you can't support a government you don't like. And one day or another, you will be bored with it.

Hamed:

First, just because the government supports a group, it doesn't mean that its automatically wants the same thing. Does the US support for the PKK in the 1990s meant it wanted a Kurdistan that included Turkey? Of course not. And its even a greater stretch to suggest that groups supported by Iraq meant the US (which spent 1/10th the funds that the French and Soviets did) wanted the same thing.

Which Groups?
Baluchestan : a Terrorist Group Called "Jundollah" (which doesnt Claim to be seperatist anymore due to lack of popularity) is Recieving Info and Weaponary direclty from US , as its Leader Claimed when he was Captured and later executed , he also Claimed and named to have met some Senior members of the united states to bring insecurrity in the country .
U can Check the web for the official Details.

So what do you have to say about the Islamic Republic's support for groups like SCIRI and the Badr Brigade in Iraq? If we're just talking about a state supporting an insurrection in the country, its precisely the same thing.

why would the United States want this?
the same reason the britian Created all those tiny Countries in the region
the same reason the Soviet Union ended up like what it is today after the cold war
the more countries u would have ,the easier it would be to make them obey u !
For me the Reason is Very Clear .

Despite what you've claimed, Partition was NEVER the policy of the US government, which worked to keep as strong central government as possible. Actually if you read almost every account, US government officials were singleminded in keeping the state together as a single entity (which actually caused more problems then it solved.) They largely attempted to reuse planning from 1945 Germany as a guide to keep the state intact and functioning, which was a mistake. Its arguable that greater federalization ould have eased some of the ethnic tensions between the Shia, Sunni and Kurds, yet the US continued to push for a strong state.

Why didn't the US push a partition of Iraq?
- Doing that directly would have Destroyed US's Image even more , they came to liberate the land not to cut it in pieces
- Do u think Iraq would ever be the same ? Sunnis are killing Shias , Shias are fighting with Kurds , Kurds Hate Sunnis , Saddam was like a Brutal glue to this Country and with him gone , the country is hard to be kept the same way .

Um, partition was precisely what these groups wanted.

proof ----> open your eyes ----> read about the US system ------> focus on this group "Zionism" -----> And then try to know who own the media+Companies+Congress...etc.
very simple, right ?
Thats not proof. Thats your vague, and frankly semi-racist assertions.
Moreover its hypocritical given everything you have tried to do here to dispel the negative image of Muslims. You want people in the west to respect Islam and your society, and yet you're basically disrespecting the United States and the jewish people.

Last edited:
First, just because the government supports a group, it doesn't mean that its automatically wants the same thing.

That's what I said in the end , They may Support those Movements only in order to weaken the Current regime , but as an Iranian what I care about is the result of such Supports which costs the lives , money and energy of my counry .

So what do you have to say about the Islamic Republic's support for groups like SCIRI and the Badr Brigade in Iraq?
First Iran's Goverment never officialy Approved the Claims that They Give Arms to insurgents - thats something the united states keeps repeating and Officials in Iran keep denying - They may be Supporting some Party's in Iraq for their own interests which is quite normal BUT If Iran is Causing a Partition in Iraq - which i think is not sth Iran would want for the long term - then what they are doing is wrong as well , im not a part of Goverment anyway !

Partition was NEVER the policy of the US government
As I said the time of making Partitions in bright day light is passed ,at the Moment United States is directly responsible to keep the Country in one piece , US would never Claim or show they have such purpose , but Lets wait and see how will it end -specefically after they leave at 2011 - will Iraq be united even if not parted ?
afterall its the Reuslt that matters and right now neither me nor the Iraqis themself are very optimistic about it .

I kind of wonder if the word 'Arab' is being used correctly here...what seems to be more correct? Now if a person is from the Arabian peninsula, I'd think that they would, depending on genetically descent, be Arab, however a person who is from, let's say Lebanon, or Syria, or even Iran, would it really be correct to call them 'Arab?
Hi Mars man i want to explain some things:
Iran isn't Arabian country
and it isn't in the Arab League
Iran is a Persian country
but Syria and Lebanon are Arabian countries
I am from Syria , 85% to 90% of Syrian people are Arabs
Arab tribes began to migrate from the Arabian Peninsula to Mesopotamia and the Levant from 6000 years ago Then there was another migrations to North Africa during the seventh century AD
You can find differences‏ ‏in the facial features between arabs because they live in vast land with different climates and they mixed with other peoples
However, we stay‏ ‏‎ share the same language , the common history‏ ‏and the traditions‏ ‏‎
Although there are 22 arabian country with 350 million people ,we can say that Arabs are one nation

Thank you Hezam it is a nice thread

Hi Mars man i want to explain some things:
Good morning from the heart of Japan, Abdur Rahman; and welcome to JREF!

Iran isn't Arabian country
and it isn't in the Arab League
Iran is a Persian country
Yes, that does ring true, and it would always be good to distinguish that, I would say.

but Syria and Lebanon are Arabian countries. I am from Syria , 85% to 90% of Syrian people are Arabs. Arab tribes began to migrate from the Arabian Peninsula to Mesopotamia and the Levant from 6000 years ago Then there was another migrations to North Africa during the seventh century AD
I see. Do you happen to have any information on possibel migration of tribes or groups prior to 5000 BCE?

You can find differences‏ ‏in the facial features between arabs because they live in vast land with different climates and they mixed with other peoples
However, we stay‏ ‏‎ share the same language , the common history‏ ‏and the traditions‏ ‏‎
Although there are 22 arabian country with 350 million people ,we can say that Arabs are one nation
Thank you Hezam it is a nice thread
I can see that we could hold the term 'Arab' so as to achieve that understanding. Where would say the non-Kurdish Iraqi peoples would tend to fall in at?

Also, I do hope--and more so for the better, as I understand such to be--that things settle down to a more peaceful situation in your homeland.

Good morning from the heart of Japan, Abdur Rahman; and welcome to JREF!

Thank you very much i am happy to communicate with people from Japan
I see. Do you happen to have any information on possibel migration of tribes or groups prior to 5000 BCE?

The oldest documented migrations after the invention of writing was in the fourth millennium BC such as the Sumerians and Amorites, explorers‏ ‏and historians say that those peoples migrated from the Arabian Peninsula after the lack of water For example, in my region there was the Kingdom of Ebla, it was the oldest kingdom in history and are inhabited by the Amorites, explorers found thousands of clay figure written in cuneiform, and found that the kingdom arose around 3000 BC
However، After the common era there were many Arabian kingdoms for example In the third century AD the Romans conquered Palmyra , it was an arabian kingdom in Syria, ruled by Queen Zenobia
Even before the appearance of Islam, the Levant was ruled by Ghassanid and Mesopotamia was ruled by Manazira both were Arabin peoples
However the most important thing is the co- existence between the components of society
Here in Syria, there are Kurdish and Armenians minorities and we live and communicate as one people and there is no problem with that
Also, I do hope--and more so for the better, as I understand such to be--that things settle down to a more peaceful situation in your homeland.
And i hope that
Thank you and nice to meet you

Interesting. Yes, I have come across a little bit of the information you mention about the Before Common Era period, but much of that is new to me. I appreciate your sharing. I thank you for your consideration and thoughts. I might mention, just for the record and so that no one will get the wrong idea, that I was born and raised in the United States, and have lived here for about half my adult life. Nice to meet you (on line, that is) too. Talk to you later. MM

It doesn't surprise me that many think that Iran is an arabic country. There seem to be a misleading idea that the middle east + Islam = Arab. I have often heard it said the quickest way to annoy an Iranian is to call them Arabs. I know full well that they are Persian and are proud of their history. Not only does that seperate them from the rest of the middle east, but bthey are also a shia state, not a sunni one, which is probably why Saudi and other states in the region feel threatened by them. What also seems to be misleading is that some have the idea that Turkey is an arab country. they are not. The Turks come from the steppes of asia and many are the descendants of the great Khanates formed from the Monogolian Empire.

Common misperception is that all Muslims are Arab or Islam + Middle Eastern equate to " Arab ".

Not all Arabs are muslims or christians.
I live in France and I am of Arab origin. My parents never taught me anything about religion because they didn't believe in religion themselves (my mother was brought up in a christian family and my father in a muslim one). I really can't stand when people around me assume I'm not eating pork because my name sounds arabic.
As for me I am agnostic. (Sorry if I bother you with my gossips.)

i am surprised

Yeah suicide bombers....blowing up our precious towers....all those people that died for no reason. Innocent people doing their jobs. Making money for their families....The average American has the right to hold a grudge.

exsuce me, with my all respect to you whoever you are what i wanna say this happend from along time first, second we arab people are not bombers to your knowledge,also we are not the people that made this type of accident,also never forget thet if you think that we are bombers plz revise your self bcause you should see what israel have done to plaestine when plestaine didnt do any thing to them, and know in syria where good people is being killed for no reason and the big head that support for the bad people in syria is russia also never forget that they are killing millions and billions of children that is less than a month imagine if those children where your country children what you will do? just ask your self,you people put in your mind something that you are not sure of it and this what makes all of the hatness between religions and do you know that jeuses where prophet mohamed cousins and he was treating them perfect,we muslims or arabs are not kind of foxes or monsters we are people that have that kind of religion come on people,open your minds,think a little bit,dont stick with one thing,we want to be one happy world with diffrent people colours,religions,cultures.we want to be one.

Don't worry about some troll posts from years ago. You'll find there's a lot more where that came from, feeling bad for all of them is not going to be good for your health. ;)

All things considered there's only two kinds of people: nice ones and rude ones.

Don't worry about some troll posts from years ago. You'll find there's a lot more where that came from, feeling bad for all of them is not going to be good for your health. ;)

All things considered there's only two kinds of people: nice ones and rude ones.

thankx wardibald but i am very sorry for all the people that think that arabs is that kind of rude no feelings bad people,why is this all thinking and really they are writting bad words to my religion when i cant write such bad words to there religion because i can feel who it is bad for them to read something in that way, really it is emmbarising,and in the same time they dont know about arabs they just write with out knowing any thing about us, they just write,and they arent sure about what they have wrote

thankx wardibald but i am very sorry for all the people that think that arabs is that kind of rude no feelings bad people,why is this all thinking and really they are writting bad words to my religion when i cant write such bad words to there religion because i can feel who it is bad for them to read something in that way, really it is emmbarising,and in the same time they dont know about arabs they just write with out knowing any thing about us, they just write,and they arent sure about what they have wrote

a lot of people in America and some western country think that Arabs are bad people because of the mass media
their media in news and cinema films made this blackened images abuot arabs
their mass media are controlled by hidden arms to do that

The media only reports bad news on all subjects it seems.

Our national and local news rarely report any good news stories. Once in a great while they have a "happy" news story , but not often. I'm not sure why they think people only want to hear bad things , but it seems news has been that way as long as I can remember.
If you GOOGLE "List of Islamic terrorist attacks" under Wikapedia for example; it lists hundreds of attacks by groups such as Ansar al-Sharia , Hemas ,Hezbollah , Mujahedin , al-Qaeda , etc. going back to 1980. These attacks get a lot of news coverage and seem to be on the news almost every night here in the US. Seeing this all the time kind of brainwashes people into thinking all Arabs/Muslims are either terrorists or they are friends of terrorists and support them.We hear the word jihad so often we think all muslims want to make war on non-muslims and kill all non-muslims. It is a rare news story here that shows any Arabs/Muslims speaking out against terror; everything is always negative. For people in countries with a lot of freedoms and seperation of religion from politics and government , such concepts as Shari'a law are very hard to understand. The extreamist groups that want to make all people live like it is thousands of years ago when the Prophet Muhammad was alive seems very crazy to us.If my religious leader said they wanted me to live like it was in the time of Jesus and if I did not , I would be killed or punished , that person would be thought to be mentally ill/crazy.
It is kind of good to have posts on the internet where we can talk to each other about all the wrong information we get from just the news. It's always nice to know there are many good people in the world who want peace and not violence.

Uncle Frank

a lot of people in America and some western country think that Arabs are bad people because of the mass media
I won't disagree that the media has tried to say that all people in that region are bad. But in America we have a free media system. Which means the only reason we are hearing that is because it is what the people want to hear. They saw what happened on 9/11 2001 and they want to think that anyone faintly resembling the people that did this act are bad. It gives them a focus to their hate. And the news stations broadcast it because they know people will watch it. An informed person though takes everything with a grain of salt though. For example, I know that the media portrays arabic people in that way because the american public will watch it. I don't believe what they say and take everything on a case per case basis. People like osama bin ladin and his group are the ones that cast this horrible shadow over the arabic people, it's partially his fault for hurting innocent people instead of going after the people that were causing his trouble. On the other hand it is also the fault of the american media for showing stuff simply for ratings and a lot of the american people for believing something at face value. I go on a basis of, you kill innocent people for no reason I'm probably not going to like you no matter race, region, nationality, etc. If you are a regular person and fight against those that fight against you, I believe you are in the right, even if you are fighting against my nation. That being said I have nothing against arabs, even though I am an american and I watch the mass media, I just don't like extremist. And I think that everyone should be against such people even if they are from the same country. If someone from my country was from a group that did something to your country against innocent people I would be part of the group hunting them down to make them pay for their crimes. And I think every person from every country should be the same way.

Do you know how many times I've said things of a similar nature to my fellow Americans? I have friends in the Middle East who don't hate me and vice-versa. There's a great deal of purposeful misinformation about the Arab-American conflict as far as I'm concerned.

I would recommend everyone watch the movie based on a true story "Stoning of Soraya". It is about a modern day stoning and savagely beating of an Iranian woman who was not wanted by her husband. Also please refer to 9-11, which caused a massive devastation in my county, United States. Base your opinions on facts.

I would recommend everyone watch the movie based on a true story "Stoning of Soraya". It is about a modern day stoning and savagely beating of an Iranian woman who was not wanted by her husband. Also please refer to 9-11, which caused a massive devastation in my county, United States. Base your opinions on facts.

Isolated events certainly are facts, but not facts I am about to pin on those not directly responsible.

I would just as soon hold you accountable for the slavery of Blacks in the 19th century or U.S. misconduct in the Vietnamese Civil War, or (gulp) installing the Shah as head of Iran to get sweet oil deals over the bodies of dead Iranians.

And speaking of U.S. misconduct in the Vietnamese Civil War and the 9-11 attacks, one of them can be qualified as massive devastation and the other cannot. Can you figure out which?

I am thinking no.

I've personally met and socialized with a number of arabs as well as persians and kurds. I think the communication possible with these people is highly limited to everyday, harmless things. Very superficial relationships. I don't see how any serious dialogue is possible other than talking about the weather and football.

On a side note, I don't even like football. I consider it as a recreational pleasure for the spiritual lower classes of the industrialized world, and a way of life for those without dreams.

The three things you can discuss with arabs in a "neutral" fashion.

1. The first time they saw snow

2. The children's education (all children must become doctors and lawyers, or they have no value. In a perfect society, all jobs are done by doctors and lawyers.)

3. Football

I also find them vain, materialistic and naive. Kind of like:
"the president should be a male photo model who's also a professional footballer and a doctor and lawyer. He must be married to the country's leading female RnB singer and they must have an apricot colored neocolonial house decorated in Versace-furniture and plastics" etc... This sort of ideals become even more absurd when combined with islamic values.

Your quote about tolerance is quite remarkable in this day and age.
You are comparing the modern day stoning of Iranian woman in the movie "Stoning of Soraya", true events, with events that took place hundreds of years ago, slavery of black people.
Also, you are comparing the civilians, meaning non-combatants, who went to work that morning of 9-11, end up dead with the American solders who are trained solders fighting to keep the peace in Vietnam.
Civilians are non-combatants who do not expect to die when they go to work so they should not be compared to American trained soldiers taking orders from their superiors to fight. Also, women do not deserve to be stoned to death in this day and age.
I do commend your quote about tolerance though. It is remarkable how some can tolerate killing of unsuspecting, innocent civilian victims of 9-11, and stoning death of innocent women.

You are comparing the modern day stoning of Iranian woman in the movie "Stoning of Soraya", true events, with events that took place hundreds of years ago, slavery of black people.

Modern day or not, only those responsible are responsible. For example I am not responsible for the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, even though I am American and was alive at the time. I never got a vote. I did not participate. But your acting like I did gives terrorists a free license to blame me for those things, kidnap me, torture me, and possibly kill me. So no, I reject your idea of holding entire populations of people responsible for what their government and legal systems do without their direct input.

And a word of fact: Iranians are not Arabs. They are Persians.

Also, you are comparing the civilians, meaning non-combatants, who went to work that morning of 9-11, end up dead with the American solders who are trained solders fighting to keep the peace in Vietnam.

No peace was kept in Vietnam. You would have to be brainwashed to think there was. You would not speak so highly of Hessian mercenaries fighting for the British in the American Revolutionary War, but its essentially the same thing. You just twist one to stroke your self esteem. Its fugging pathetic.

Civilians are non-combatants who do not expect to die when they go to work so they should not be compared to American trained soldiers taking orders from their superiors to fight.

So much crap! BBC News - North Vietnam, 1972: The Christmas bombing of Hanoi

The civilians living in Hanoi on Christmas Day 1972 were also non-combatants. I don't know how many faces you have sir, but there are at least two!

And that was just one day in Vietnam. American misconduct in just being there went on for a decade!

As for following orders from superiors, yeah, that is what some guys at Nuremberg said just before they got their heads stuck in a noose! I bet God did not accept that excuse either!

Also, women do not deserve to be stoned to death in this day and age.

Of course they don't. Anyone who does it deserves to get theirs. But you want to paint all Muslims the same for what a few do. You want to paint all Arabs the same for what some Persians do. Consider that idea rejected.

I could just as easily point the finger at you for all the disproportionate number of poor Black people who get the electric chair in America where Whites and rich people get acquitted or some jail time.

If OJ had been poor he would have been toast. If he had been white but middle class, the result would have been the same.

I do commend your quote about tolerance though.

Thank you.

It is remarkable how some can tolerate killing of unsuspecting, innocent civilian victims of 9-11, and stoning death of innocent women.

I never said anything like that. You have filled in the blank, letting your brainwashing be you guide.

You condone American natural crimes, intolerance and hypocrisy. I condone no natural crime, no intolerance and no hypocrisy (save where there are no two valid choices). That is the difference between us.

9-11 was a crime against humanity. So was the Christmas Bombing of Hanoi, the nukings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and so was the Highway of Death. Highway of Death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you want to hold all Arabs accountable for what other Arabs and even Persians do, then you should hold all Americans accountable for what other Americans and even Canadians do. Or else you are just a hypocrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom