What's new

Weather thread!

Well, here in Philly, we reached an all-time high of 62 on New Year's Day. It was so nice, I hopped on my bike and went for a ride. Astonishing!

silver angel said:
we had a snow storm. I'm 5'4 and had snow up to my chest. :-(
It might have been heading north.
A big storm is coming tonight, not as big as the one you got though, silver.

I live in the mountains where we got two and a half feet of snow with a high of 30F degrees. I work down in the valley in the rain where its 72F degrees.

Frank,
Same here in NY. We are getting snowshower and 3~6 inches of snow tonight. Right now, wind is blowing hard. We might lose the power...

Today it actually snowed, even though the temperature was still around 5ツ≫?ケC... It started at around 2pm, and at firstit melted immediately again, resulting in disgusting snow-mud, but as it continued to snow for quite some time (until around 6pm), the snow settled down, and we have for the first time a white landscape now! It's still white outside...

Well, Tuesday was a real bear here in Philly as I don't think we got out of the 20's with a sharp, biting wind, and more of the same is on tap for the rest of the week. But at least it's dry! That's all I care about! Meanwhile, the weatherguessers are saying we might get hit by a Nor'Easter on Sunday. I'll believe that when it happens!

Well, we got our first serious dose of The Dreaded White Stuff on Wednesday. URGH! Just a couple of inches, nothing to write home or panic about, but enough to force me to finally drag my shovels and rock salt up from the basement and put both to work. To hear the weatherguessers tell it, that was just the warm-up act for the big storm that's supposed to hit this weekend!

Weatherman Blows It !!

Our 1 to 3 inch storm dropped about 8 inches last night. Had to go out and shovel at 5AM to get the cars out for work.That makes 2 feet in 2 weeks, about right for this time of year. Now they are saying we might get a "REAL" storm this weekend, UGH, my back! We haven't got above 20 degrees "F" for a week and no relief in sight there, just frigid artic air for the next week or more.

Frank

😭

Blizzard Of 05 ! Will I Be Here Tomorrow ?

Gonna get it for the next 24 hours! 40 to 50 MPH winds, up to 2 feet of snow, temps near 0 "F", wind chills 30 below zero! Old fashioned Maine winters are back I guess. Sure hope we don't lose power, we'll freeze to death.

Frank

😭 :unsure: :mad:

Well, looks like the weatherguessers were right as the Philly region got a good foot of the Dreaded White Stuff on Saturday. It came down fast and hard, averaging about an inch an hour, snarling traffic, messing up mass transit and shutting our airport for several hours.

As of right now, it's coming down lightly, but the big concern will be high winds, said to be around 30 to 40 mph throughout the day, combined with temps that'll struggle to reach into the 20's will feel like single digits. Still, I'm sure folks way up north like Uncle Frank have it much worse. Yo, Frank! I'll be thinking of you! Hope you make it through okay!

:unsure:

On the Crystal Coast...

It is now (0738, US EST, 23 Jan 05) 15F or -9C.

And in coastal NC, that is COLD!

No snow. You can keep it! We get a serious accumulation of snow about once every ten years, and we are way overdue. The last was in 1999.

I do not mind the cold, but I loath the heat of summer. I am old, getting fat, and disabled. Hot weather no longer has the allure it once did. I prefer even this bitter (for this region it is!) weather to the sweltering heat in August.

Like The Everyready Bunny !!

Storm is still going strong, about 8 more hours to go till it clears. So far winds here on the coast are 30 to 70 MPH. We have only officially about a foot of snow, but the drifts are 4 to 5 feet high so far. Visability is zero to 50 feet at most, real white out conditions. With the wind , it feels 30 below zero "F".Sure glad I have a big snowblower to help me clear up this mess. The best thing is, no power loss so far.

Frank

😲

Frank D. White said:
Storm is still going strong, about 8 more hours to go till it clears. So far winds here on the coast are 30 to 70 MPH. We have only officially about a foot of snow, but the drifts are 4 to 5 feet high so far. Visability is zero to 50 feet at most, real white out conditions. With the wind , it feels 30 below zero "F".Sure glad I have a big snowblower to help me clear up this mess. The best thing is, no power loss so far.

Frank

😲

That sounds downright nasty, Uncle Frank! I hope you'll be okay up there!
:unsure:

Here in Philly, the snow stopped around ten Sunday morning but we had gusts of 30 to 40 mph all day long and into Sunday night, which I'm sure made the 65,000 plus who watched the Eagles whack the Falcons for their trip to Jacksonville and the Super Bowl feel pretty chilled!

Seems winter finally got us... this is the fourth day in succession that it has snowed and the snow stayed :eek:
Although, I got the impression that today it's not that cold anymore (just a little below 0ツ≫?ケC), and there's not much snow letf outside, so perhaps it will give no further snow now...

Nor'easter Due !

Here we go again! ! to 2 feet of snow starting tonight with 40 to 50 MPH winds. We've had 3 feet of snow so far this year, a good ol fashioned winter this year!

Frank

😲

Weather On Tonight's News Said.......

Portland, Maine has received 58 inches of snow this season. I feel like I live at the North Pole this winter.

Frank

😊

Frank D. White said:
Portland, Maine has received 58 inches of snow this season. I feel like I live at the North Pole this winter.
Is this Maine lying somewhere in Siberia or something? :D

It's fallen 15cm of snow here. That's a lot. :) Fun, fun.

I took some pictures, i'll put them up tomorrow if you want to see them.

Back
Top Bottom