What's new

The Ouch! Thread

:D:D:D:D:D*can't breathe*:D:D:D:D:D

I remember that guy. He was on David Letterman talking about that. Dave made a joke becuase they had the guy's x-ray photo. Dave was showing it and said, "Now here's your x-ray, and here's what the doctors overlooked. Who knew that a nail could be that hard to spot? I can barely see it myself, how about you Paul?":D:D:D:D:D

Doc:)

Actually - I know the answer to this one (I saw the guy interviewed on TV)... and having been in construction for over 40 years ... I can explain ... it's quite simple - and frightening !

The poor guy had slipped, apparently, and whacked his face on his nail gun (not mentioned in the Newspaper report). It went off !

Nail guns today are not that noisy, and the nail leaves them at ...... the speed of a bullet .... !

He did experience a substantial stab of pain ..... but he expected it ! He had just smashed his mouth on the tool. He also expected the blood, and the bruising, etc. etc.

What he didn't know, was .....

And as the doctor said .... this was their second case in a matter of weeks...!

Fortunately ..... he hadn't sat on it ........... !

He's lucky it wasn't closer to his brain or it would have killed him. 😌

Doc

I saw a tv program about things like that. Some guy accidently shot himself in the head with a nail gun not once, but 4 times :D And he lived to tell the tale.

What worries me is the fact it the secind one they have seen
HomicidalMouse said:
I saw a tv program about things like that. Some guy accidently shot himself in the head with a nail gun not once, but 4 times :D And he lived to tell the tale.
I saw something similiar in a newspaper about a man who committed suicide by nailing TWO six inch nails into his head

mizerable_d said:
owowowowowowow...................T_T;;;that must've hurt so much....
There's no pain receptors in the brain, and with four holes punched through the protective membrane, pressure hardly rises.
Maybe on the scalp and scull part, it might hurt some.
It's happend here, too; this time a 4 in. nail into the brain right thru the frontal lobe and beyond!

At least those guys up there didn't know. There were/are people punching holes by plan. :D
PLEASE DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME, PEOPLE!

Bosch, Hieronymus: The Extraction of the Stone of Madness, 1475-1480,
Oil on board, 18 7/8 x 13 3/4" (48 x 35 cm), Museo del Prado, Madrid

stone-1.jpg

Some people actually believe they can benefit from getting their skulls trepenned.
A Hole in Your Head.

The Trepanation Trust

History from the Pit Bogs...
PATHOLOGIES OF THE BOG BODIES

Source: The Skeptic's Dictionary

Last edited:
Mycernius said:
It's not the fact that he killed himself that way. It's the fact he manage twice!
I am very disappointed with the Hollywood movies where they get the villain killed with just one shot. They're going to have to change their screenplays to at least two shots now. :D

Trepanning has been going on since the ancient egyptians. There are poeple who still subscribe to it. I think it has become one of these new age things.
They talk about it releasing a sense of higher spirituality. Personally I think they are nutters. There are enough holes in the head without adding any more, unless it is for a medical reason.
:?

The only thing I can say is......ouch, ouch, ouch, and ouch. Even though he didn't feel anything. Why are his medical bills so high just for removing a naile from someone's skull? :?

Careful!

Those nail guns are dangerous.
They should have an auto-detect function for protective gear.
Don't go near one without a hard hat and nail-proof goggles! :20: :20:

Back
Top Bottom