What's new

The American Empire and we are all idiots

Mark of Zorro

先輩
4 Oct 2012
Its amazing how much can be hidden from people, and how little they will seek the truth or see what they should have seen all along, myself included.

As someone who for years has been trying to explain the truth of the atomic bombings of Japan upon people who believe all the self serving lies that are especially in American history books, and as someone who generally considers himself intelligent and woke, this video made me feel like a dummy with blinders on. There is so much in there I should have realized myself. So much I had clues to, but never followed those clues to the truth of all this.

What are your feelings about this video and its presentation of the American empire and all its ills and mythology?

I was also deeply impressed by how Roosevelt basically edited out mention of the Philippines, Guam, etc. from his "Day of Infamy" speech. That guy was a real politician and new his constituents well....or at least it seems he paid close attention to opinion polls. It was genius to realize and use the knowledge that most Americans didn't give a damn about anybody but White Americans. And to get the American people to rise up and fight he focused on them only. And as an American its nothing but another source of embarrassment among many. It really takes a chunk out of what even I have referred to as "America's shining moment" which for me was mostly only marred by the atomic bombings of civilians.

Very interesting. Listening to that I felt similarly to how I felt when I read Lies My Teacher Told Me 25 years ago.
I knew the Philippines was devastated during the war and I knew they were attacked and fell around the same time as Pearl Harbor.
I knew they were an American colony at some point but never really thought of them as American during that period.
And even now we are taught to think of residents of Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, etc. as not fully American.
And in some sense that's true -- they don't have all the same rights and privileges that mainlanders do.

And even now we are taught to think of residents of Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, etc. as not fully American.
And in some sense that's true -- they don't have all the same rights and privileges that mainlanders do.

Yes. And its also horrific and embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom