What's new

Are Chinese more favourable towards Americans or Japanese?

Are Chinese more favourable towards Americans or Japanese?

• Americans

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • Japanese

Votes: 16 35.6%

• Total voters
I am from Hong Kong, local one
I, here, receive free information from media, demonstration & protest are freely allowed here, while we are free to talk about political issues in China
However we are now under continuous pressure from the Government (which is forced by Communist Party? unknown) to force us to receive "national education" to praise China blindly. We are saying no to it as we see what happens in China, especially about the recent large-scale anti-Japan acts (except Hong Kong & Macau)

I would say, because Chinese mainlanders receive the biased education from their young age (which is a kind of indoctrination), their logic is really that hard to understand, e.g. they hate Japan
Because the education brainwash them, teaching only positive information about the Communist Party and China, while teaching about how other countries bully China but not vice versa (So it's normal to hear them saying they hate Japan because of WW II)

Personally I've been to Kansai region once for a week
I pretty much love Japan, because of Japanese's kindness, and the social order together with the overall environment
and I've been to Shenzhen and Dongguan (cities in mainland China), and I pretty much dislike the social order and people are not polite
together with the fake food and things I know, mainland China and Communist Party don't sound positive to me

I am from Hong Kong, local one
I, here, receive free information from media, demonstration & protest are freely allowed here, while we are free to talk about political issues in China
However we are now under continuous pressure from the Government (which is forced by Communist Party? unknown) to force us to receive "national education" to praise China blindly. We are saying no to it as we see what happens in China, especially about the recent large-scale anti-Japan acts (except Hong Kong & Macau)

I would say, because Chinese mainlanders receive the biased education from their young age (which is a kind of indoctrination), their logic is really that hard to understand, e.g. they hate Japan
Because the education brainwash them, teaching only positive information about the Communist Party and China, while teaching about how other countries bully China but not vice versa (So it's normal to hear them saying they hate Japan because of WW II)

Personally I've been to Kansai region once for a week
I pretty much love Japan, because of Japanese's kindness, and the social order together with the overall environment
and I've been to Shenzhen and Dongguan (cities in mainland China), and I pretty much dislike the social order and people are not polite
together with the fake food and things I know, mainland China and Communist Party don't sound positive to me

So you hate your compatriots and despise them. Interesting.
Shenzhen, Dongguan and Hongkong are just some Canton city to me. Most of these citizens are Cantonese.To you maybe they are different, while to me, all of them are Cantonese, nothing different at all.
I think you are better to travel around China if you got the chance. To see what are people like in different regions.
To hate Chinese is similar with to hate Japanese in the end. I donot think this is because so called brainwash stuff.(And i feel it is naive to still talk about brainwash in nowadays.) I think it is a common sense that when you are farmiliar with someone, there is a more chance that you hate he/she. So that's why English donot like French, and the war is always happening among Muslim countries.
When you said you dislike other Cantonese, that's just showed that you were hating yourself. You were hating your common habbits, culture or some other thing sharing with these cantonese. You may have some good points to support your idea. But in the end these "good points" are just some excuse.
15 yrs ago, Taiwanese used to say they hate Chinese, that's just because when they could firstly come to China mainland, the most chance of people they meet were Fukienese. And we all knew that most Taiwanese were Fukienese, while Fukinese was just a poor version of Taiwanese.
But now,it seems most of TW ppl have solved these kinds of problems.
When I was very young, I always thought Cantonese were short, dark skin and mercenary. To tell the truth I cannot understand why ppl like these can still call themselves as HAN ppl like me.
So each has both advantages and disadvantages. Remember this and, travel much and read more. This may help you.

So you hate your compatriots and despise them.

What a stupid thing to say.

Refusing to lay under your brother's boot is not hate. Pointing out your brother's foolishness is not hate.

Its more like YOU are the one hating your compatriots to say such a thing!

You say you see no difference because its you who hates. You would force your ways on your brother because you hate him and his ways. aaalviny does not seem like he would force you to do anything but THINK. And it seems he failed.

What a stupid thing to say.

Its more like YOU are the one hating your compatriots to say such a thing!
Be ware I was talking from his angle of view. I was saying it was easy to find disadvantages from sb when you dislike he/she. If you feel angry of what i said about Cantonese, I think you could totally understand what I felt when he said he was different from other cantonese as a hongkonger.
I worked in Guangzhou and Shenzhen, Cantonese city. And I am very familiar with Foshan and Dongguan. The cities' problems are too many factories and other stuff, but the locals are very kind and less rich than Hongkonger. And I can say politics is the least of their problems they concern.
I also felt angry because bias and incomprehension was happening everywhere especially from Hongkong recently. Chinese from mainland are very different from those from west. Misunderstanding is now happening in China. So I myself cannot understand those ppl who say they love the whole world while they cannot even love ppl around. This is ridiculos and naive.
I only didnot like the way he saw other Cantonese, although Hongkongers and other Canonese were all the same to me. Just like we Chinese are always the same to the most of foreigners. So I could say the same, this hongkonger guy is nothing different from others, the more he wanted to show his superioity, the more a joke he was to me.
aaalviny does not seem like he would force you to do anything but THINK.
And from his conversation, I can learn nothing. He suggested nothing to how to change the situation. He just showed how different he was from other Chinese(truth is, those chinese are just some Cantonese like him).
If you have some relationship with Cantonese, I apologize to you. If you have nothing to do with Cantonese, I return your words back.

Our text books are full of polishing the disaster caused by our own gov, they need some topics to distract people's anger towards them, so history is a good tool to tackle. Yeah, I'm sure Imperial Japanese Army did extremely horrible things in ww2, even cannibal. But I personnally don't hate them now, that kind of crap or conflict in newspapers are just politican's game. And when talking about brutality, after learning culture and history of eastern asia for years(just hobby), I'm sure most of what Japanese did were coming from their old teacher, we China, feodal ideology, extremely anti-western world(caucasian people were regarded as barbarous people both in Japan and China for handred years), beheading and massacre all the inhabitants of a captured city was very popular in Eastern Asian history, I can only say Japanese army was an medieval army with modern weapon, if China was then an dynasty, I'm sure they would do the same thing as Japanese did at that time. Maybe some patriots will say I am not a patriot, I don't care. To some level, we and Japanese are the same creature, just something happened in history made these two have different fate, such as Mongo empire destroyed our classical Chinese Song dynasty, after that, Japan weren't willing to admit Mongo's Yuan dynasty as real Middle kindom(China), they thought Chinese become stupid people under the rule of Mongolian horde(And later conquered by Qing dynasty, was the same story). I think that's why Japanese looked down upon us after the breakdown of Song dynasty in 1279. Our ancient morality had been destroyed, only Japan kept that, so they thought we were degrading.

Back
Top Bottom