What's new

Soul Calibur 2

Never played as Link.....
Can anyone here tell me how the scuck to Guard Break or whatever it's called?! I cannot understand how to do it, or deflect one, so I can't complete all the missions!

what ya got to do is ehhhhh.well i have gamecube so i press the block button and then i go forward at the same time B-> at the same time.on hard i can keep this up for hour on very hard mode i hope this helps you

on ps2 hit X+back or X+towards
but yeah whatever block is if you have xbox/gc then towards or back at the same time right before an impact.

:eek: See, that's what the game said, hit Block then Left or Right. Well, I do, and it doesn't work... :eek: It's probably my timing or something.
Question 1: does it matter if I hit Left or Right?

Question 2: when do I hit Left/Right? Right before the attack hits me, or just as it hits me?

Grr, this is all very frustrating...

you have to know the movement of your opp. and when he is about to inpact you press x> and you will block him as goes for the left or right if you want you opp.to fall forward to you so you have a good striking chance then press < but if you want to push your opp. backward then you press >.

you have to hit left or right and block at the same time.
goto practice and practice it then set up the opponent to do the same attack over and over so you can master the timing.

the best thing i can say is (its kinda crazy but it helps)go to very hard on practice and sense very hard people always attack you will have more opptinutes to block .in practice mode don't you have to use this tech.

Um....I tried doing it in practise, and I suck. What I was doing was holding down Block constantly and then hitting Left or Right whenever they attacked...but it still wouldn't work.

you must hit left/right and block at the same time for it to work.
with one thumb hit left (or right) and, at the same time, with the other thumb press down block, so that you press both buttons down simultaneously. it will look different than a regular block if you succeed in doing it correctly.

the above instructions are for repelling/deflect. basically the same as the counters in DOA if you've played that game.

as for guard breaks that depends on the character you are using, press start and go to moves list, I think it tells you what moves are guard breaks.
that or goto gamefaqs.com and check up one of that faqs there that deal with guard breaks.

I once won a Soul Calibur 2 tournament that was held within our anime club in high school. I kicked everyone's arse with Maxi, and became the Grand Edgemaster Of The Zodiac (self proclaimed title). Yeah, I'm bigtime. My favorite female character would have to be Seung Mina. Oohh...legs...

All in all, I thought it was a good game. Weapon Master mode could get slightly confusing, though, with all the weapons and second stages you could unlock.

Anyone else think Master Cheif should've been the XBox exclusive character? Dunno what weapon he could've had, though...

I LOVE THIS game so much, even though I am a girl. I love thr graphics of the game and different arenas of this game too.

here are my best characters, in order

1--Raphael
2--Yunsung
3--Ivy,Voldo
4--Xianghua
5--Cassandra
6--Sopitta

Raphael was never one of my best when playing, but he has the best weapon demonstration ever. The sword dance is so awesome.

When I use Raphael, I always uses the Queen's guard in Extra and I always beat my brothers with him and that weapon and when I use Yunsung in extra, I always use ramando

I always play with Mitsurugi but only because I used him in Soul Edge so I never changed. There are some characters that interest me though like Xiang Hua. I get the feeling that Sophitia has been toned-up and she's now more powerful than ever - I don't know, it's a just a feeling. Nightmare is awesome, now that he's so fast.

Back
Top Bottom