What's new

Something made me smile today thread

Mycernius

The Hairy Wookie
4 Feb 2005
I have been thinking about this type of thread for a while now and have finally got around to putting it up. Unlike the something great happened to me thread this one is just about a little thing that made you smile briefly in an otherwise ordinary day, whether it was a happy smile or a wry smile, I don't mind.
Mine happened a few days ago. I was delievering to a place and opposite to the unit was a child care centre. While I was unloading some of the children were bought outside and started to do some activity in front of the building. Anyway I started up my lorry and just as I drove past I heard a little voice shout at the top of his voice "Lorry". As I looked across I saw a little lad waving and pointing at me, or rather my lorry, with a look of joy on his face. Isn't amazing what 3 year olds find exciting?:)

My cat was carrying his favorite stuffed toy and he jumped up into bed with it and placed it next to me and just purred and purred. He's just so darn cute. It made me smile and then I fell back to sleep content with the world. :)

@ Mycernius : that reminds me a lot of when i was a young kid, aged about 5, and i went past a parked lorry with my mum and counted the straps on the side... there were 16... and i thought this was so great that when my dad came home from work i had to tell him that i'd seen a lorry with 16 straps on the side! :D

Ummm, something that made me smile today... ehh... well, it maybe sounds a bit crazy but i was singing a really miserable-sounding song in a minor key that i was making up myself, in Latvian, all about the many things that are wrong with my hotel room. It was so miserable and full of gloom that i ended up bursting into giggles... XD

Well, this thread makes me smile.
Thank you guys for sharing cute and lovely stories. :)

Teaching elementary school kids every day makes me smile, but sometimes they can make me feel bad as well!

2 weeks ago I was teaching some kids about emotions: I am great, I am sick, I am sad, I am happy, etc. And when I came to this school again last week, some kids came up to me and shouted to me: I'M GREAT!!!!!!!! Being a teacher it gives a good feeling that the kids use certain words that you were teaching them before!

That made me smile

It made me smile when I saw a thin layer of snow on the railing this morning, made me think that the winter is still trying to come.

I was worried that if we were going to get another warm winter as temprature on the whole planet is getting higher each year...

This thread makes me smile becouse it is full of such nice simple things and full of smiles ^^

Love it !

The guy in front of me driving 20 miles an hour in a 40MPH because he is too busy on his cell phone and writing things on his clip board, doesn't see the light turn red and gets t-boned by an 18 wheeler!

Uncle Frank

👍

PS - I know I'm nasty mean!

It made me smile when i took a picture of the brightly coloured leaves on the tree outside my bedroom window, and the next day they had all blown off... normally i leave it too late to do things like that! :D

If anyone was curious, here is the tree (not mine, it lives in my neighbour's garden ^^")
tree-1.jpg

It made me smile when I saw a little humming bird darting from flower to flower. Sometimes the smallest things have the biggest effect on our moods.

My little brother came with my mother in my room and the little one woke me up with kissing me on the check and petting me ^^ He is so cute! 😍 Love my brother :p

I had a nice smile on my face late last night, as I was sitting in the CHAT room and suddenly, as Thomas came in to check it out, I discovered that it was working just like the good ole days....A NICE BIG, HAPPY SMILE !! :) x 100

Last Monday I had this 5th grade class on one of my schools and they were just terrible annoying, they even ruined my sweet Monday.

Today I had the same class, but where Great! they participated in the activities, learned some new English words, and had fun. THAT MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!

I smiled when i found 250kr. in my wallet :)

Great minds think alike! Just yesterday, I grinned like a fool at finding a twenty dollar bill in the back pocket of a pair of pants I was about to take to the cleaners. Hot dog! Nothing like finding money when you don't expect it!

👍

Mike makes me smile 'cos he is such a nice guy XD

The other thing that's making me smile a lot lately is that I made a new friend who is a lot of fun to be around. He's taken my mind off a lot of crap that's been going on lately and even though he lives on Borneo I feel like he is right beside me 😊

Other people are what make life worth living, if only we let them get close enough :)

I was listening to the afternoon play on radio 4 and the ending made me smile. It is nice to listen to a happy ending in a play. Lately their plays have been a bit depressing.

^ I heard the one about Donna and the debonaire diner! :D I took 2 days off work to make some costumes, and part way through that time I decided i wanted to listen to talking rather than music. 😊 So i put on the radio and listened to that play and the Brothers Karamazov (sp?!). :p

Anyway, something made me smile today... i went on a forum and this guy was also on there who i chat with sometimes on aim/msn, and we spent about 15 mins just spamming the 'random thread' with... random stuff. 😆

Also, i had a meeting today at work but i got out of it early! 😄

I heard from someone very special today that i havn't heard from in a long time ^_^ and i'm so very happy

Ow and i self published my poetry ^^

I got autographs from Karyu and Zero from D'espairsRay! 👍 and the concert was really great. :)

When my dog risked his life, reaching down an embankment to retrieve a
paper bag with an old chicken bone in it! And he'd just been fed.:)

Back
Top Bottom