What's new

Racism in Japan

Originally posted by wan pak hin
P.S i have just looked at website dream time and my g/f said it is super bad what the japanese say!! they explain things like how to rape a chinese women, and really aweful things like that! i think tomrrow i am going to show chinese embassy this certain site and see what they think of it maybe!

I think Chinese government should be more vocal on this kind of issue,they don't even ask Japan for an apology,
they don't help the chinese women who were once 'comfort women' to fight against the Japanese government on trial,
they don't speak much when Japan taking away our 'Fishing Island'

Oh I meant to say that usually when we come to America Japanese, Koreans, and Chinese hang out a lot. We realize that we have a lot in common once we get to the US. But I think the ties between Japanese and Koreans seem a lot more friendly than the J-ties with Chinese, but this is my impression.

Japanese and Koreans are similar in that usually their English is limited. Chinese students, at least in my experiences, are really smart and they are way ahead of J or K students.

It is true that we have lots of websites like 2-channel. But please don't consider them as the real Japanese people's thinking. It is an anonymous world where kids go crazy and rude. Those who go to those boards are self-selected group of kids who have nothing else to do.

It is not fair at all if such a board is considered as a representative of Japan.

Originally posted by kaz
Oh I meant to say that usually when we come to America Japanese, Koreans, and Chinese hang out a lot. We realize that we have a lot in common once we get to the US. But I think the ties between Japanese and Koreans seem a lot more friendly than the J-ties with Chinese, but this is my impression.

Japanese and Koreans are similar in that usually their English is limited. Chinese students, at least in my experiences, are really smart and they are way ahead of J or K students.

well in fact lots of Japanese and Koreans do not like Chinese,
like I used to have many problems with Koreans in my high school because they specifically bully Chinese people,
but that does not speak for the all Koreans as I did have some Korean friends.

I guess the reason why Chinese students are ahead of Japanese and Korean students
is that most Chinese are being forced by parents to study math very hard,maybe it helps our brains to develop or something.
another theory I've heard why Chinese learns math easily and quickly is due to our language,because Chinese language is like puzzles,like how we put a word together.

I can easily imagine what kind of contents that 2ch website carries. In a way it is interesting that when they started 2ch they would never have imagined that it may contaminate the reputation of Japanese in this way. Alas.

Originally posted by kaz
It is true that we have lots of websites like 2-channel. But please don't consider them as the real Japanese people's thinking. It is an anonymous world where kids go crazy and rude. Those who go to those boards are self-selected group of kids who have nothing else to do.

It is not fair at all if such a board is considered as a representative of Japan.

sure there are some Chinese boards that are anti-Japan and anti-Japanese

something about internet is that you can say whatever you want,without having responsibilities
(except saying some 'serious' stuff,
like saying some anti-Communist stuff in China,then you will be caught by the Chinese police)

but most of the time I would ignore those things
they should get a life..... :eek:

I think the reason why Chinese students do well in the US is because they are selected group of people. I hear in China only a small % of people go to college, so right there they must be smarter.

I think 60% of Japanese kids go to college. And coming to the US does not really mean that they are the smartest. (It could be the opposite hahaha)

There are a lot to learn from Chinese students. They have good discipline.

One thing I want to ask about Chinese people. Can you explain this for me, Dreamtime? Seems like 100% of Chinese students affirm/agree_with 1-child policy in China. Why? Why such a conformity of opinions?????

I understand that CHina has a large population. But I can easily think of a reason why 1-child policy is not favorable. But I just don't hear such an argument from Chiense friends. They seem to all agree that it is a good thing.

Originally posted by kaz
One thing I want to ask about Chinese people. Can you explain this for me, Dreamtime? Seems like 100% of Chinese students affirm/agree_with 1-child policy in China. Why? Why such a conformity of opinions?????

no,atleast I don't agree

I guess the reason why those people agree with that policy is that,we already have 1.3 billion Chinese people,
but the Chinese government do not give enough food to feed all of us,they don't give enough money and education to all of us

the Chinese government would instead put lots of money on military

one famous quote of Mao ZeDong
'I would rather have nuclear weapons even if we won't have pants to wear!!'

yeah lots of people but

yeah lots of people but would'nt they need lots of kids to support the older people?

Also I discussed this with many chinese people but no one thinks of an argument (perhaps too western?) that it is not the government's business to control the family decisions. Is this like "unthinkable" in the Chinese mentality???

Re: yeah lots of people but

Originally posted by kaz
yeah lots of people but would'nt they need lots of kids to support the older people?

no,because if you have lots of kids,those kids won't be able even to support themselves in China.
many people are China are very poor,
like I would say China is a half first world and half third world country,although the country is growing strong,there are still lots of farmers who have no money for education and medical.
even in the cities like Canton there are lots of kids who have no homes and just wonder around on street and do things like stealing and robbing.

Originally posted by kaz
Also I discussed this with many chinese people but no one thinks of an argument (perhaps too western?) that it is not the government's business to control the family decisions. Is this like "unthinkable" in the Chinese mentality???

remember this is Communist,although China is getting less-Communist now,they almost control everything,
in the past,like 20,30 years ago,they used to capture people for listening to Western music.
also the Chinese government controls the media and spreads lots of propagandas.

But it would be wrong to say that all Japanese are like that. As always, older people have more prejudices, but it's even more true here because they have known and grown in the period of nationalism and were taught that Japanese were superior and meant to dominate Asia or the whole world.

japanese saw the chinese as sub-humans during WW2. that's why japanese soldiers could kill those chinese the way they did. it was no more different than killing animals. in fact, tokyo governor ishihara once said the chinese live like animals and are criminals. yet 80% of tokyo folks still voted for him and such racist dickhead is still in power. such kind of politician would never exist in china.

japan's colonial rule over taiwan clearly wasn't as murderous as they had been in the maindland china, however that was only because japan thought taiwan was theirs to keep and develop (i.e. steal all the resources in taiwan and send them back to japan.) nevertheless, the taiwanese were of course treated as second class citizens in their homeland.

as compared to the chinese, the japanese certainly are more xenophobic and tribal in thinking. no doubt about it. the difference in the history of both cultures can easily explain it.

modern japanese history can also support it. and that is, japan still hasn't faced up to its WW2 atrocities. not even an apology from the so-called emperor. so lame.

anyway, japan's recent bid to contruct high speed railways in china had been met with a cold shoulder. and japan's inability to face squarely with past history is one major reason for this. it's not just the government, large number of chinese people have protested against picking japan for this project instead of germany or france.

Originally posted by kirei_na_me
Well, that's not what some of the Japanese people I know say. That might be the true meaning, but they mean it more in a metaphorical sense. In other words, they think China is too arrogant, hence saying that about the center(middle). I have found out in the past years that Chinese people think they are superior to Japanese and the Japanese think they're superior to Chinese. Obviously, there is no right answer. Both are entirely different and I find neither to be any more superior than the other.

hehehe. only if japan had won in WW2 and conquered the whole of china and perhaps SE asia as well. if japan did win, would the japanese (some) today still accuse the chinese of being arrogant?

did china ever attack japan? except during the period when china had been under the rule of the barbarian mongols.

for china to teach japan how to cultivate rice, build structures, write with kanji, make clothes, run system of government...and arts, philosophy, religion, etc., how could these be the results of arrogance? what did japan give to china other than territorial conquest and WW2 atrocities?

I would like to have a Japanese girlfriend but there aren't many Japanese people here....

may i ask why, especially when there's plenty of chinese around you? do you have some kind of fetish for japanese pop culture?

Originally posted by Dream Time
no,atleast I don't agree

I guess the reason why those people agree with that policy is that,we already have 1.3 billion Chinese people,
but the Chinese government do not give enough food to feed all of us,they don't give enough money and education to all of us

the Chinese government would instead put lots of money on military

one famous quote of Mao ZeDong
'I would rather have nuclear weapons even if we won't have pants to wear!!'

and mao was right. after having developed the atom bomb. uncle sam and taiwan's KMT did not dare invade china ever again.

only if china could have the bomb much earlier. oh well.

Ishihara is a well-known racist against any group of people besides Japanese. Don't pay too much attention to him unless he has control of Japan. This man just blows off anything racist to make himself superior.

Ishihara is a well-known racist against any group of people besides Japanese. Don't pay too much attention to him unless he has control of Japan. This man just blows off anything racist to make himself superior.

Originally posted by Chinaman
may i ask why, especially when there's plenty of chinese around you? do you have some kind of fetish for japanese pop culture?

no,in fact I dislike pop culture.

I like Japanese girls because they are more likely to appreciate music and know what I am talking about when I talk about music.
how many Chinese girls likes rock,jazz,blues music?
there are more Japanese girls who likes those music and even plays the instruments.
I cannot get along with girls that do not appreciate music.

I have no fetish or whatsoever,I don't care about the race of the girls,if I like the girl,then I like the girl,so simple.

I like Chinese girls,but only the simple ones.
I like simple girls,and girls who are really girls.

Originally posted by Navi
japanese girls arent all the same u know .

i know
i am not saying i am obsessed with Japanese girls
it is just that I think more Japanese girls appreciate music than the Chinese girls,especially the girls of Hong Kong,where the music industry sucks and 99% of the singers can't sing..

I do not care whatever the race of the girl is,if I like her,
white,black,chinese,japanese,korean...ect..I do not care
in fact I had a HK girlfriend,she was a really nice girl,but we didn't fit,so broke up quickly~
Hong Kong girls have to understand and accept that I am not Hong Kong-ish,I do not like the HK culture stuffs such as the trends,pop music,karaoke..etc.
most HK girls do not really like music,they like pretty face singers,they think Rock music is noisy,Blues,Jazz,Classical are boring..it is very hard for me to communicate with girls that do not like music and art,they don't understand my mind....

Let me ask you all a question, how many of you are proud over your nationality rather than who you are?
Something I've noticed among racists is that they often claim to be proud of their country. I don't think that is a racist thing at all, infact I think it's great if you like the place where you live. But sometimes I have a hard time understanding patriotism. There are some Swedish people I know who talk about Sweden like it was they who, not only founded, but also, designed, built and arranged every little piece of Swedish soil. I can be proud of things I do or people I know. But when it comes to feeling proud of a specific geographically area upon which fate has placed me I'm totaly blank. On the other hand I'm adopted an conserder my self as either an earthling or just as Manuel. This might be off topic, but I just kinda wonder.

Originally posted by Dream Time
i know
i am not saying i am obsessed with Japanese girls
it is just that I think more Japanese girls appreciate music than the Chinese girls,especially the girls of Hong Kong,where the music industry sucks and 99% of the singers can't sing..

I do not care whatever the race of the girl is,if I like her,
white,black,chinese,japanese,korean...ect..I do not care
in fact I had a HK girlfriend,she was a really nice girl,but we didn't fit,so broke up quickly~
Hong Kong girls have to understand and accept that I am not Hong Kong-ish,I do not like the HK culture stuffs such as the trends,pop music,karaoke..etc.
most HK girls do not really like music,they like pretty face singers,they think Rock music is noisy,Blues,Jazz,Classical are boring..it is very hard for me to communicate with girls that do not like music and art,they don't understand my mind....

yes, you have fetish for japanese girls. i know your kind very well. quite a lot of them.

Originally posted by Chinaman
yes, you have fetish for japanese girls. i know your kind very well. quite a lot of them.

well you are simply stereotyping,
as I've said before,I do not care whatever the race of the girl is,as long as I like her.
in fact I've had quite a number of Chinese girls who I like and liked,once loved and still loves.

Back
Top Bottom