What's new

Question for the Japanese people of the board/日本人への質問

Re: Question for the Japanese people of the board.

Originally posted by Kat
Hi. ^_^ I'm just curious to ask this...

For the Japanese men on the board, how many of you are attracted to foreign western women? Do you like them at all?

And for the Japanese women on the board, how many of you are attracted to gaijin men?

Thanks if you can answer. I'm just curious because I would like to know how many Japanese are interested in foreigners or if they're really only interested in other Japanese people...

I'm a foreign girl who's attracted to Japanese men....and that's kind of why I'm curious about what Japanese men tend to like. I'm physically attracted to Japanese men....I don't know what an actual relationship with one would be like though!

I'm a bit shy about posting this topic! 😌

It all depends.

For me, it's not an all-or-nothing matter. There are very good-looking WHITE women whom I could be attracted to, then there are some downright homely WHITE women. Same thing with Oriental women. I've dated White women and White-Oriental mixed women. I've never dated a 100% Japanese woman since it's not everyday that you can meet a Japanese woman in the U.S. Someone like Yasuko Sawaguchi, I'd marry in a second. See her photo in my Member Gallery photos.

Besides, I need to be with someone I could get along with and enjoy spending time with regardless of one's race. At this point, I'd be happy with someone like that as long as she's of the same species.

er...i am japanese/phill. i like all kinds of girls. looks don't matter, all bout the personality but, it seems every girl i've liked is gaijin. maybe it's just me?!

Hey guys, I just wanted to put my input in here...

I'm a multi/Black girl who is going to Japan next year. Now, reading this thread has left me with two impressions:

1. That Japanese girls want Western men over Japanese men
2. That Western women have to be white to get a Japanese guy, and even then, that's rarely going to happen.

Now, please, correct me if I'm wrong, because this thread was a little confusing from the get go. I'm not really into the whole J-guy thing---like some of you saying "I want a J-guy because they are so cute" or things like that. I'm not into anime, I'm not into this whole "kawaii" thing. I'm probably as "Western" as they come.

But...

Going to another country for a year and not hooking up at least once would be tragic! I DO like to have fun, ya know!

Now, for someone who's not really looking for an "in debth" relationship, like a serious, "let's get married" sort of thing, what are things such as the party scene like? I mean, I don't want to go to a club, and just dance by myself or anything like that. Are Japanese guys (in general) afraid to aproach non-Western girls in a club/dance situation like that, or will I (generally) have to make the first move?

Reading this board, I've seen conflicting arguments. One [black] woman said that she had to beat the Japanese guys off with a stick. But now, some people are saying that J-guys won't even look at you if you're not the Blond American/French type. What is the "real" deal like, for those of you who have been to Japan.

Kirei_na_me, how was it for you? How did you meet your husband? Were you even in Japan at the time? Oh, and for the rest of you out there, how did you find the Japan clubbing scene? Thanks!

窶堋?窶堙ィ窶堋ェ窶堙??堋、窶堋イ窶堋エ窶堋「窶堙懌?堋キツ!ツ!ツ!

:)

Originally posted by Keeni84
Kirei_na_me, how was it for you? How did you meet your husband? Were you even in Japan at the time?

First of all, Keeni, I loved your post. It made me smile. ;)

Well, I met my husband at work here, in the U.S. He has been over here for about 9 years. He was my boss! *gasp*

Anyway, I know for sure that at least a few black women are married to Japanese men, and I'm sure there are a lot of them dating Japanese men. I think maybe Japanese men haven't been exposed to black women enough yet. There have been loads of black men in Japan because of the military bases and all that, but I don't think there have been enough black women over there. You know, white women/Japanese men couples have only started to gain popularity recently, and I think with time, we'll see black women/Japanese men couples becoming popular too. I think a lot of it has to do with the media's influence there. The image of a "beautiful" Western woman, to them, has always been a blonde with blue eyes. I'm not that stereotypical Westerner, though. I have naturally dark brown hair and almost black eyes. I think their image might slowly but surely be changing in that area now.

All of this depends on the individual, I guess, and to be honest, I think the main thing they care about is your personality. In my experience, they like someone who is outgoing and friendly and someone that they can talk openly with. They also like independent women, contrary to popular belief. Really, I've found that they just like women who will let them be themselves. Oh, and a lot of them really like curves... :p

Go over there and and win 'em over, Keeni! 😄

Last edited:
Oh, and a lot of them really like curves...

Yup...I think I've pretty much got that part covered! 😊

I think it's cool that you hooked up with your boss. My mom did the same thing. :)

I'll take your advice, and thank you!!

どうもありごあとう!!!

👏

Yeah, Keene! GO, GIRL! GO GET EM! 👏

Oh man, did I start to sound like one of those "Oh my God, I wanna Japanese guy cuz he's Japanese, and he loves anime like my type of girls"??! Ugggggggggggh! *bangs her head on her computer screen* I guess I really don't know that much, @_@ heh heh I don't want to be one of those types of ppl who follow the crowd like it's such a new trend.
Anyways, I forgot to mention ^^; *culture wise*, dating ppl of other backgrounds/cultures, it would be pretty cool to learn about each other's cul.tures

P.S.Thanx for telling me about this awesome site! ^^
👍

Oh no! You didn't sound like that at all! *wink wink*. Just kidding.

Anyway, it's okay if you (this board in general) are interesting in J-guys because you like their culture, and you like anime and you'd like to talk with them about anime and stuff. I'm just saying that's not where I'm coming from.

And if anyone thought I was talking foul about them because they like Japanese guys based on looks alone--that's not what I'm trying to do here. All love/attraction (within reason) is cool. :)

Don't worry! I'm sure you'll "get 'em" too! You seem like a really cool person! 👍

When I went on vacation to japan when I was 16, I was getting hit on ALOT bye girls. It was rather freaky seeing as how I am not really considered very attractive here /shrug... Corse I was the tallest guy around most of the time and I am not sure but that may play into the same kinda part as how alot of american women like black men.

Can't wait to go back =) I just hope I can take my car with it. I doubt many japenese chicks have seen a muscle car. <3 my cobra 65 mark 2 roadster reproduction.

Does any one know much about the laws for cars in japan? Last time I just walked or took trains most of the places

Originally posted by Keeni84
Hey guys, I just wanted to put my input in here...

I'm a multi/Black girl who is going to Japan next year. Now, reading this thread has left me with two impressions:

1. That Japanese girls want Western men over Japanese men
2. That Western women have to be white to get a Japanese guy, and even then, that's rarely going to happen.

Now, please, correct me if I'm wrong, because this thread was a little confusing from the get go. I'm not really into the whole J-guy thing---like some of you saying "I want a J-guy because they are so cute" or things like that. I'm not into anime, I'm not into this whole "kawaii" thing. I'm probably as "Western" as they come.

But...

Going to another country for a year and not hooking up at least once would be tragic! I DO like to have fun, ya know!

Now, for someone who's not really looking for an "in debth" relationship, like a serious, "let's get married" sort of thing, what are things such as the party scene like? I mean, I don't want to go to a club, and just dance by myself or anything like that. Are Japanese guys (in general) afraid to aproach non-Western girls in a club/dance situation like that, or will I (generally) have to make the first move?

Reading this board, I've seen conflicting arguments. One [black] woman said that she had to beat the Japanese guys off with a stick. But now, some people are saying that J-guys won't even look at you if you're not the Blond American/French type. What is the "real" deal like, for those of you who have been to Japan.

Kirei_na_me, how was it for you? How did you meet your husband? Were you even in Japan at the time? Oh, and for the rest of you out there, how did you find the Japan clubbing scene? Thanks!

窶堋?窶堙ィ窶堋ェ窶堙??堋、窶堋イ窶堋エ窶堋「窶堙懌?堋キツ!ツ!ツ!

:)

I've seen Japanese TV shows where they feature mixed couples, and I've seen Japanese males on the show who had done Peace Corps tours in Africa and brought back to Japan African brides. These women seemed sweet and hard-working.

I think it's all a matter of personality and "luck"

Back
Top Bottom