What's new

Question for the Japanese people of the board/日本人への質問

Kat

Sesshoumaru Fangirl
17 Oct 2003
Question for the Japanese people of the board.

Hi. ^_^ I'm just curious to ask this...

For the Japanese men on the board, how many of you are attracted to foreign western women? Do you like them at all?

And for the Japanese women on the board, how many of you are attracted to gaijin men?

Thanks if you can answer. I'm just curious because I would like to know how many Japanese are interested in foreigners or if they're really only interested in other Japanese people...

I'm a foreign girl who's attracted to Japanese men....and that's kind of why I'm curious about what Japanese men tend to like. I'm physically attracted to Japanese men....I don't know what an actual relationship with one would be like though!

I'm a bit shy about posting this topic! 😌

I'm Japanese by marriage I guess, so I hope you don't mind me posting ;)
I am married to a Japanese man and have dated a few so I can say that yes, J-men are attracted to western women. However, few can speak English and the ones that can are often very shy about using it, so it can be a hard road for us gaijin girls who love J-men! They are often very shy about approaching us and making the first move. I am still amazed my husband had the courage to ask me out!!!

It's definately more easy for western men who come to Japan, from what I've heard all they have to do is say hi and most girls are scrambling to give out phone numbers :p

Anyway, hope some Japanese can post to give you a better idea of their feelings ;)

gaah! Yah, what is up with the j-girls chasing after gaijins? Ugh, I really can't see what they see in them. There are tons of j-girls who don't even like j-guys because they think american boys are so coool. No offense to any Americans here though! ^^;; It's just I really don't understand jgirls. *sighs* There's nothing wrong with Japanese men, they're cute too!!

Gaijin Male Perspective 🙂

I just heard exactly what i wanted to lol (j-girls likeing gaijin guy)

The only reason why i can see it being that way is because it is something different

In canada where i am

the j-girls tend to stay with j-guys which makes it pretty hard to persuade them to give a guy like me a chance 😌

I dont really know how to put it into words but i would say that it is because it is different and they are strangly attracted to it lol

or maybe it is because we are so Devilishly Handom:p 👍

Well thanks for your replies but I still hope some Japanese people can post.

Anyway, it's true, you hear so much about Japanese women with gaijin men but you hardly hear anything about Japanese men with gaijin women. :(

And if Japanese guys are shy....well I'm shy too which could be a problem!

I wonder if there are suttle ways I could let a Japanese guy know that I'm interested in him?

I do have one male Japanese friend who's actually a Japanese actor and he thinks I'm very cute and I actually think he's cute too but there is too much of an age difference between us and we know that so we're just friends.

He thinks I could find a nice hot young Japanese guy though....I only hope he's right!
:D

Well, don't worry, Kat. You have plenty of time to find one! There are more of us out there than you might think. Nzueda and I are a part of a group of gaijin women who are married to Japanese men that has a few hundred members. I know that doesn't sound like a whole lot, but it does happen. There are even books about the subject. It is true that there are a lot more Japanese female/gaijin male couples, but that trend has been around a lot longer, and other reasons I won't get into--again.

I was getting ready to say that maybe I could get my husband to post a reply, but I don't think he would do it. He would say that you shouldn't be attracted to one because of their nationality alone and stuff like that. I think, though, he would say that physically, he finds Westerners more attractive, but I think he would say that on the inside, we're all pretty much the same--to an extent.

There is hope! ;) I still say you should try to befriend them first. That's the easiest way to go with them, I believe. Have you tried the penpal route?

WHERE DO YOU FIND PEnPALS!!!
sorry didnt mean to yell but im excited lol:sorry: :sorry: :sorry:
i've been trying to meet some people from japan but i can never seem to find any
or well the whole pen pal thing sounds like fun
but where would you look for one?:eek:
If you could let me know that would be awsome 👏 🙂

I had a lot of luck with Japan Guide for finding penpals. I'm still in touch with a couple of people I met there.

Kat, there is also a group on MSN that is especially for gaijin women who are interested in relationships with Japanese men(and vice versa). I just joined not too long ago and it seems like a nice enough place. You might want to join there. Here is the link: Japanese men/gaijin women group

Originally posted by kirei_na_me
I had a lot of luck with Japan Guide for finding penpals. I'm still in touch with a couple of people I met there.

Kat, there is also a group on MSN that is especially for gaijin women who are interested in relationships with Japanese men(and vice versa). I just joined not too long ago and it seems like a nice enough place. You might want to join there. Here is the link: Japanese men/gaijin women group

Thanks.

I'll look there at least anyways.

As for the penpal thing, I've never tried it before. :/

putting a japanese version of the title couldn't hurt

just my opinion...
good luck! and also notice the banner links throughout this forum

Re: Question for the Japanese people of the board.

Originally posted by Kat
Hi. ^_^ I'm just curious to ask this...
I'm a foreign girl who's attracted to Japanese men....and that's kind of why I'm curious about what Japanese men tend to like. I'm physically attracted to Japanese men....I don't know what an actual relationship with one would be like though!

I'm a bit shy about posting this topic! 😌

👍 I found someone that thinks like me! O_O *jigs*

I updated the thread title. Maybe it will get more attention. We'll see...

Thanks. ^_^

Oh, and I did send a message yesterday to two Japanese guys at that penpals site you posted.

I have yet to get a reply from either of them though.

Did you place an ad yourself, Kat?

No I didn't. :/ I'm not sure how to and I didn't know if that'd be the best idea. Because I don't want to get tons of guys sending me messages and I don't want to attract the wrong kinds of people either. That's why I didn't. Because I'm afraid of stuff like that.

rightfully so. the relative anonymous nature of the internet precludes that
another thing to watch is putting an email address on a website... they have "email harvesters" that search webpages for email addresses with which to send junk mail
definitely be careful out there... again, good luck :)

Why do people decide they will exclusively only date Japanese ?

I'm not specifically targetting the thread starter, in general you get alot of people who say "I will only date Japanese male/female because <insert their own race> women/men are rubbish" and i've never really understood why ?

The only reason i could only think of was that these kind of people are overly obsessed Japanophiles / d0rks or whatever word best describes them.

Before someone retaliates with an argument, i'm not trying to start an argument or make a racist comment, i'm only asking a question.

Gaki...I won't get into a long post now--although I could--but I will just say that I pretty much agree with you. I've often pondered that exact same thing.

I like my boys like I like my rainbow cookies...(multicultural) XD
But Japanese guys tend to be a better challenge......

You shouldn't necessarily shut out other possibilities, but for some reason a lot of Japanese men are cute (and short) to me as well -- both in looks and those that have a personality. :p

I've always liked men with a tan and black hair yum! :p
I was naturally attracted to asian men, but it would be a very shallow person who got into a relationship / married just because they are of a certain race

I've never really had thoughts of being physically attracted to another race before knowing anything about the culture but it doesn't sound like a very good basis for a relationship to me either. As for mainland Chinese men, Gaki, my general impression is they are probably friendlier, more intellectual, more open to foreign cultures etc than Japanese, there's just not the opportunity to travel there and meet one unfortunately. :sad:

That's what I've also thought, Elizabeth. With my experience of Japanese and Chinese, it seems that Chinese can be more down-to-earth and friendlier, but that is just a generalization I've made after knowing many of each nationality. I know that it doesn't hold true all the time. If I could compare the two, though, I would say that I think Chinese are easier to get to know and more personable. It's sometimes harder to break down the wall with Japanese people--if at all.

Back
Top Bottom