What's new

People who won't answer their phone

I'm so old , everyone who would call me is dead. When my phone rings , I know it's a sales person , politician , or some other nuisance caller so I never answer. If they want me bad enough , they will leave a message and maybe I will return their call. My cell phone is 10 years old and has 9000 unused minutes , so it's easy to tell I don't talk a lot.

I'm so old , everyone who would call me is dead. When my phone rings , I know it's a sales person , politician , or some other nuisance caller so I never answer. If they want me bad enough , they will leave a message and maybe I will return their call. My cell phone is 10 years old and has 9000 unused minutes , so it's easy to tell I don't talk a lot.
I thought of you Frank when I saw this one. 😄
1601257718121.png

I'm so old , everyone who would call me is dead. When my phone rings , I know it's a sales person , politician , or some other nuisance caller so I never answer.

I am very much impressed, Frank! I have never been called by a politician in my life.

I am very much impressed, Frank! I have never been called by a politician in my life.
I think he's talking about recorded calls, not personal calls. Although I listened to a live promotion from President Trump for a local congressional candidate this week. That's about as personal as I've gotten so far.
Also lately they are using quite sophisticated interactive bots with speech recognition that is hard to spot at first. If you follow their script, answering their questions you may never realize you weren't talking to a person.

I think he's talking about recorded calls, not personal calls. Although I listened to a live promotion from President Trump for a local congressional candidate this week. That's about as personal as I've gotten so far.
Also lately they are using quite sophisticated interactive bots with speech recognition that is hard to spot at first. If you follow their script, answering their questions you may never realize you weren't talking to a person.
They are robots?

Most of the political calls are recordings. I get about 3 or 4 calls a days that 50% are credit card spam and the rest political. I log the numbers out of curiosity and find they rarely use the same number twice.

Yea they change numbers so it is hard to block them. Because of all that spam the phone is mostly useless, just a spam vector. That is why people do not answer their phones. Contact me on Line or some other agreed chat program, we can even talk over them then I know who you are. I find I prefer text anyway and I am a younger grey hair. By text I do not mean SMS as that is a spam vector as well. In otherwords the phone and SMS have become totally useless.

I just was forced to replace my 10 year old phone with a new 5G one by TracFone. I love how they try and sell extra text minutes , LOL. I've never sent a text in my life and have no clue how to or who I could even send one to. I only give in to even own one just so I can call 911 for some type of emergency. I think the last time I used it to call 911 was about 15 years ago. I guess I just have a very dull and unexciting life.

i just hate the phone i would lay on the ground and die before i call a doctor. anyone who wants to talk to me we talk on computer or in person just hate phones wish they would go away. i don't even own a phone my wife does and that is good with me. when i had a phone people would get mad because it would take me a week to answer a text.

i just hate the phone i would lay on the ground and die before i call a doctor. anyone who wants to talk to me we talk on computer or in person just hate phones wish they would go away. i don't even own a phone my wife does and that is good with me. when i had a phone people would get mad because it would take me a week to answer a text.
Hard to imagine life without a phone now. But I don't actually use it for calling much. It's more like a navigation, music & video player, game platform and camera device.

Back
Top Bottom