What's new

News: 12 teens arrested for attacks on 19 older men

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
Sadly, such incidents are increasing dramatically.

Reported by Kyodo News, March 6, 2002:

12 teens arrested for attacks on 19 older men

Twelve youths aged from 14 to 18 have been arrested on suspicion of repeatedly attacking and robbing older businessmen, police said Tuesday.

The teens would break into small groups of three or four to each get more money, and followed drunken businessmen before attacking them in deserted places, they said.

The suspects, including two junior high school and five high school students from Tokorozawa, Saitama Prefecture, are part of an estimated 20-member juvenile delinquent group that hangs out at Tokorozawa Station on Seibu lines, the police said.

They said the teens have attacked 19 businessmen, robbing them of a total of about 140,000 yen in cash as well as about 360,000 yen worth of items such as commuter passes and bags.

Investigations showed that from June 22 to late November last year, the youths are believed to have been involved in seven thefts resulting in injury, six thefts, five extortions and one case of assault causing injury.

One victim is a 51-year-old man who was injured when the teens ganged up on him. A 60-year-old man on his way home in the same area was robbed of cash of 71,000 yen, the police said.

Copyright ツゥ Kyodo News

i hate crap like this.. ive heard that japanese take this type of stuff seriously.. but if it was up to me.. i would throw them in jail for quite some time, and be given weekly beatings. (yes, beatings. serves them right... attacking drunk elder people. what idiots)

Eh. Roving gangs of teens do this across the world; nothing new here.

Thanks for the link though.

Xkavar said:

Kanpai to that!

At least there are no drive-by shootings by street gangs in Japan.

It's a flippant attitude, I know. But you've got to figure that anyone planning on getting drunk knows better than to get mugged. Bring friends, walk home in crowded and well lit roads, etc. Same precautions everyone else takes.

Last edited:
Sure Is.....

Xkavar said:

Thanks for the link though.

nothing new!! This story is from 2002, sure ain't new!!

Frank

😊

This could be done out of spite, I don't know.
But yeah, it happens all over. Doesn't make it alright, but I don't think it's a strange case.

This is terrible. I hope proper pnishment is given but each year these things are getting worse. I think they need to take a look at what's going on in their homes.

This is terrible. I hope proper pnishment is given but each year these things are getting worse. I think they need to take a look at what's going on in their homes.

lol, did you see the starting date of this thread?😊🙂

This is so funny because just not long ago today my girlfriend gave me a lecture about how dangerous other countries are because of some radiation scare on a BA flight in London or whatever (since when has Britain nnot had health and safety scares? were obsessed with it).

When I read the article I copied and emailed it to her.

That should fix her wagon. 👍

Bah, she has this "Britain might be dangerous" lecture everytime something in Britain somehow ends up in Japanese news.

i hate crap like this.. ive heard that japanese take this type of stuff seriously.. but if it was up to me.. i would throw them in jail for quite some time, and be given weekly beatings. (yes, beatings. serves them right... attacking drunk elder people. what idiots)
u cant throw ppl about 14-18 yo to rob or attack ppl man.
U can throw them in that place they are reformed as normal people. With 14 years u are reckless, u are worried about what could happen if u go jail or something like that, but thats not enough. they will do it cause its "fun" for them. I think the actual problem is the type of education that the parents give to his sons and daughters.

lol, did you see the starting date of this thread?😊🙂

Hahaha lmao. For real.

This would barely make the column in my city's local newspaper. Typical things I read on the newspaper everyday: Drunken brawl at a club over money; Drunken husband stabs neighbor to death over $30 USD debt (no joke); Three people killed on drug cartel shooting; Parents starve kid to death as a punishment.

See, this is pretty universal, just that I assume this is very sensational for the Japanese public in general. People in Mexico love to read this, but we just get so tired of the same things over and over again, we just want a break from bad news.

Mauricio

What is it with digging up old threads? This onces been given the treatment a few times since 2002.....

So this thread may be 5 years old but its message is still very relevant today. Teenage criminality and gang culture exist all over the world and in major cities it is worse. I am sure there are some on this forum who could recount tales about gang life and culture in Los Angeles, California. Having visited that city twice I can say it was a learning experience.

For those of us who are older than 30, I dare say we can remember our teenage years fairly well and I think most of us would have been in some gang or another.

As to what to do with teenage criminals, most governments all around the world have different views on how to deal with them, ranging from incarceration in juvenile prisons to fines and community service orders.

There is no easy answer.

ニ棚ニ耽ニ誰ナステォ窶堙ィ窶堙俄?佚篠抗ツ?ツ「ニ但ニ鱈ニ弛ツ」窶堙?銃窶慊≫?邸ヒ?。窶敖ス窶堙娯?廢窶敖ュ窶ケ}窶伉
http://www.asahi.com/national/update/0605/TKY200706050286.html
ツ ツ秋窶杯ナ陳エ窶堙ーナ?テ??愿?窶堙俄?「テク窶堋ヲ窶堙ゥ窶毒督青「窶ケ'ツ渉絶?堙??堙債、窶唹窶啣窶扼窶堙俄?堙債、ツ銃窶慊≫?邸ヒ?。窶敖ス窶覇窶ケ^窶堙??堙固ス窶毒陳鞘?倪?披?况窶堙固陳渉絶?昶?堙坂?啀窶扼ナ?テ披?堙??啌ナ陳鞘?堋オ窶堋ゥ窶堙遺?堋ゥ窶堙≫?堋スツ。窶堋サ窶堙ェ窶堋ェ窶唹窶啌窶扼窶堙俄?堙坂?啖ナ陳渉、窶唹窶售窶扼窶堙俄?堙坂?啌窶啜ナ陳鞘?堙俄?伉昶?堋ヲツ、窶唹窶啜窶扼窶堙俄?堙坂?啗窶售ナ陳鞘?堙??啌窶扼ナ?テ披?堙??啣窶啗窶掉窶堙俄?堙遺?堙≫?堋スツ。
窶毒督青「窶ケ'ツ渉絶?堋ェツ銃窶慊≫?邸ヒ?。窶敖ス窶堙固陳サツ行窶敕??堙??廢窶敖ュ窶堋ウ窶堙ェ窶堋スツ人窶堙俄?佚寂?堋オツ、ツ刃窶「ツィ窶堙ーナ暖窶佚鯛?堋オ窶堙??堋「窶堋ス窶慊ョ窶ケ@窶堙ーツ尋窶堙銀?堋ス窶堙??堋ア窶堙ォツ、窶伉ス窶堋ュ窶堋ェツ「窶ケツコ窶堋ウ窶堙ェ窶堋ス窶堙ィツ、窶ーツ」窶堙ァ窶堙ェ窶堋ス窶堙ィ窶堋オ窶堋ス窶堙??堋ォ窶堙固津ャツ身窶廃ツ」窶堙??愬。窶堋ヲ窶堋ス窶堙??堋「窶堋、ツ。
ツ 窶堋オ窶堋ゥ窶堋オツ、ナ津ャツ身窶廃窶堙??堋「窶堋、窶堙娯?堙債銃窶慊≫?邸窶堙個「ツ青ウ窶懌?凪?堙遺?板昶?燃ツ」窶堙俄?堙坂?懌?凪?堋ス窶堙ァ窶堋クツ、窶佚溪?「テ溪?堙懌?堋ス窶堙債鞘?倪?氾樞?倪?版椎ク窶堋ウ窶堙ェ窶堙ゥ窶ーテや?拿ツ青ォ窶堋ェ窶堋?窶堙ゥ

Anti-otaku hunting measure? Sharp increase of violating "the Swords and Firearms Control Law" in Akiba

According to the local Manseibashi police station, they arrested 28 times more offenders than 3 years ago.
Many claimed they carried knives for their self defense purpose (against otaku-hunting). However, carrying knives for self-defense does not mean a good reason here, therefore it is highly likely you will be arrested.

7 were arrested to violate the law in Akihabara in 2003
35 in 2004
84 in 2005
We're living in the end of the world now, so be careful when you travel around Tokyo.

I was suprised that I don't find this more shocking....but then again I lived in Milwaukee where groups of kids as young as 9 and 10 along with teenagers routinely beat random strangers to death or near death. I wonder why children are getting so violent? Perhaps it is because their parents don't spend enough time with them? I've never been a fan of quality time versus quantity time. Is it because of the violent movies, video games? Then how do you treat them in regards to punishment? Is it fair to treat them as aduts? They commit "adult" crimes, but are they adults?

7 were arrested to violate the law in Akihabara in 2003
35 in 2004
84 in 2005
We're living in the end of the world now, so be careful when you travel around Tokyo.

Contrary to this, I have read way too many times recently that juvenile crime is on the fall. Probably this is just specifically to Akihabara as the 'cool' kids come on strong onto Akihabara's geeks.

Mauricio

juvenile crime is on the fall
Right, but the Akiba boy is easier target for cops than yakuza with 50,000 hand guns. (I don't think all yakuza own guns, though)

If you play golf or baseball, just leave your golf clubs or baseball bats at home after playing it. If you're are unlucky, cops may be glad to find the great arms in your car.

Back
Top Bottom