What's new

Moon Child

I watched Moonchild tonight! It is very good movie! And for those of you who were worrying about not being able to understand the Japanese version, - the Japanese version comes with English subtitles. (the dialogue is in both japanese and cantonese, and also a little english is spoken too.) The other 2 discs contain, press interviews with the actors, behind the scenes, deleted scenes, soundtrack, and many more.
The movie itself, is lots of action, emotion, (& too hotties playing the central characters) :valentine
some scenes will make you laugh, :D others will make you cry- 😭 (ok, I didn't cry, but my sister did when Gackt was crying) this film will really stir up emotions in you!
I urge you all to try and get hold of a copy of this movie! I guarentee you'll love it!!! 😍
👍

Oh! And in my exitment last night I forgot to mention the special effects in the fight scenes, reminded me of The Matrix. Like dodging slow motion bullets, and one of the characters can fly. (not telling you who though) hehe!

:(

Jen wants...Moon Child. *Grabby hands!*

When I heard about it I screamed with sheer joy. I mean, I've been dying to have Gackt be in a movie. Now, I only wish he'd come to the US for a concert. I mean, I do plan on scheduling a trip to Japan around one of his concerts...but OI! If he came to the States I'd be so happy!

HAPPY! >O

Here is a picture from the Moonchild book.😍

Attachments

• 2cuties.jpg
    2cuties.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 129
Hey! Does anyone here knows where can I download Moon Child???
I'm begining to be desesperate!!!!! I need to watch this movie!!!! >.<
Please!! If anyone knows where I can find please tell me!!!

I've just watch moon child, but didnt have any english subtitles, so didnt really understand the ending, anyone can help to xplain?
:confused:

Originally posted by nata_no
I've just watch moon child, but didnt have any english subtitles, so didnt really understand the ending, anyone can help to xplain?
:confused:
Which bit didn't you understand? If you explain what you are seeing, then I'll tell you what they are doing, or why they are doing it.

Also which version did you see? Becuase the Japanese version comes with both japanese and english subtitles, becuase some of the dialogue is in cantonese.

was watching the very last part, I'm not sure what I've understood is correct as the version I have doesnt have any english subtitles.
Did Sho become a vampire cos Kei bite him? And both of them died in the car?

WARNING
If you haven't seen the movie yet, Please do not read the following paragraph, as I wouldn't want to spoil it for you if you haven't watched it yet...

yes, you got it correct. After Sho got shot, Kei turned him into a vampire to keep him alive, becuase he didn't want to lose his best friend again. But then Sho couldn't cope with what he had become, and so went into hiding for a while, so Kei brought up Sho's daughter Hana. And when she restored her mother's painting in the park, Sho turned up, but he didn't want his daughter to see him, so he waited until she had gone and then showed himself to Kei. Hana was going off to college the next morning, but she knew that Kei wouldn't be able to see her off in the daylight, so she said her goodbye to him that night, and she thanked him for all he had done for her. Then Sho and Kei drove off to the beach, and sat in the car until the sun rose, so of course dissolved in the sunlight. Then their ghosts were re-united with their friends, and they reinacted that night on the beach years ago, but this time they could do it in daylight. (The 2nd & 3rd time I watched the film, I cried.)

thanx alot sakura!!!!
wow... so touching... i was quite blur the first time I watched....
but I still feel sad, esp e bond between sho and kei

I'm gonna watch it again!!!

thanks to twisted! i was so dense to not see this and post up my own thread. 🙂 i ordered the dvd and thanks to sakura i am relieved there are subtitles in English. YAY! that means it was a good idea! is it really good? i'm getting excited... :LOL:

I was so excited to learn that this movie had been picked up by a US distributor. When I was in Japan, I wanted to buy the movie, but wasn't spending $75 on it. Sadly, the US version was only mixed in Dolby 2.0 where as the Japan release had a more robust sound selection available. Not only that, the cover chosen for the US edition was the silliest thing I'd ever seen. Had nothing to really do with the overall feel of the movie.

Here's hoping a region 3 version comes out. Or a cheaper second run in Japan.

Ant

Carolgirl00 said:
yah, I just got the US version recently. Im really glad it was released here, because like you, I wouldnt spend $75!!

But sadly, doesn't offer the 5.1 that the J-Version does :(

Anyone know of any other versions internationally?

Ant

I've just bought a Moon Child VCD version in Singapore.
And it only costs me $12.90 SGD (Singapore dollars)!

Hyde`s new movie is out now!!! 下弦の月 ラスト・クォーター
"Kagen no Tsuki - Last Quarter"
His album Roentgen is re-released on Oct 14 2004. (English version)
Coz his song "Cape of Storms" is featured in the new movie.
He plays an English musician from London, called Adam.
But beware, the movie is a very sad story, and you`ll cry a lot, if you are like me.
]www.kagen.jp

this movie was soo awesome...Gackt and Hyde both looked soo good *drool*..how I wish to buy it...the gun scenes are soo awesome and I love how Gackt looks in those outfits...I have to admit I hadn't really seen Hyde until I saw the movie...and then I realized he's really hot too, but I still love Gackt ^^...I wanna watch it again again and again :D

lol lol lol I finally watched MoonChild! It's awesome!!!!!
Hyde and Gackt are both extraordinary hot and cute and cool and... but I will stick with Hyde 😍 forever :)

I only got a copy without subtitles, but now I want to buy the DVD - as soon as I go to Japan or one of my friends go over there, I will get it 😄

And the new movie? What is it about? Oh I'm soo curious - I'm sooo looking forward to it!!!!!!

Kagen no Tsuki is in the Japanese movie theatre at the moment.
You can check out the official website
http://www.kagen.jp/
or if you can't read Japanese, there is an English translation of the story here:
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/literary/518/kagen.html
But the movie`s story is ever-so-slightly changed. I mean, the story is the same but set out in a slightly different way. And the ending is extra to make it slightly happier. But still, I cried floods of tears during this movie 😭

u don't have to go to Japan to get Moon Child...u can order it online or get it at an anime con..that's were my friend got it and I'm gonna get it as soon as I have the money...^^

Gackt...soo awesome...*drool* ^^ :D

man..throughout the WHOLE movie i was hoping they would kiss..even slightly...lol it was a good movie i thought...and i must admit..i cried XD

oh...and hyde's in a new movie...if someone hasnt already said it >< its called "the last quarter"...has chiaki kuriyama in it ^.^ looks good...

if they had kissed I would have fainted...*daydreams*...it seemed like I was ina trance for the entire movie..I couldn't take my eyes off Gackt and Hyde... soo awesome...^^ 😍

Back
Top Bottom