What's new

Moon Child

Moon child is like one of my all time fav films, i loves it loads 😍
the ending is sad though, a tear in my eye everytime :(

I remember I was first interested in this movie for the only fact Gackt was in it, but then, since I just couldn't find it, I lost interest. I stop looking for it and it came to me... rare... Well, the fact is that I had this defender attitude towards it, because all I had heard about it was horrible critics. well, american critics (no ofense, I say American, i mean the entire continent). People tend to critizise very badly what they don't understand, and japanese movies are one of those things they don't understand.
I remember reading somewhere a bunch of ignorant girls messing around the movie, they simply couldn't understand why there was a vampire in it. Sadly, they were Gackt fans... Well, my dears, the story is not about Sho. Sho is just the last chapter of the life of Kei, who is, by the way, a vampire. In other words: a moon child.
Now i've seen it, and I did like it. I completly forgot It was Gackt I was watching it, cos it does have a nice argument. And c'mon! It's true it's not made like the greatest expensiest movie ever! but it does have a good standard. Even tho there were a couple of things that looked.. a bit out of place, the story matches everywhere. Those who watch it and keep their eyes on Sho will come to the missunderstanding of the whole story. Besides, there also another fackt to consider (why do I keep on writing Fackt like this???) The story of Moon Child goes farther behind. It goes back to the launch of Gackt's album Rebirth, which was followed by Moon.
Just as he said, it has a time line, and this movie was supoused to be the ending of the story. If you can tell, after Crescent, there was another change into Gackt's style of music with Love letter; but that's another story.

I totally agree with the fackt (shoot me, shoot me now!) FACT that Hyde is better actor. i could't take my eyes off him. The acting comes naturaly to him, or maybe it was just the character that was almost built on him.
Anyway, there are very good things into it, and also many cliches that makes me guess a few things, but one thing I did like and didn't see coming was their end.
This movie has great moments and many many feelings to capture. It made me laugh and cry. I loved it. I do. Now it stand inbetween The Matrix and Last Samurai...

Great film with gorgeous actor and actress. the make up for gackt and hyde was so great...in their vampiric form, they look so pale and so errrrghhh vampiric :p ...huhu (imagining Hyde when he first met with Little Gackt). I can't find the right words to describe it. Uhm but i like Kage No Tsuki (Last Quarter) story line better than Moon Child 😌 . I think that because i've read the Kage No Tsuki manga comic.
But still, i've stuck with the effect and make up in MoonChild. Great Movies ! 👍

quick question:

During this part of the movie right after they go to the sea and begin to pass flashes of their time together, a song starts to play.
Q: ¿Can anybody tell me what's that song?

ShootT! I don't know :p
A friend downloaded it and gave it to me. But you're right. how can I know which one is it? I also made a little search on my own and the only one I got was Mr. Bojangles, with nitty Gritty dirt band, but tht's not the one I want. Can I assume this is one of he versions?:?

Asian version: "Mr. Bojangles"
USA version: "?" by Wang Leehom
Sorry, don't know the name of it. You might try putting in some of the lyrics and searchnig for the title that way.

Last edited:
thats weird... that the songs they play are different.

it gives a whole different feel to the movie..

I KNOW!!! I had the USA release first, then I went to the mall and they had an original Asian release that was dirt-cheap so I bought it 'cause I am just that obsessive. I got home and watched it and when it got to that part I was like, "what??? What happened to my pretty ballad? *sniffle*sniffle*"

I don't know where to ask this but how do you know if the Moon child Dvd you have is bootlegged? I have this weird feeling that my copy was a bootlegged copy and it wasn't cheap.

Anyways I thought the moon was good.It was better than what I expeceted, cause movies that have two really awsome singers being actors usually turns out bad.

A good way to tell is if the box says Region 2/3 etc. but it plays on your Region 1 DVD player, normally means it's been bootlegged onto a Regionless DVD. Also things like slight image distortion, parts of an image might move around slightly as if part of the image got left behind when it moved or might move when the rest of the image is still. OH! Pixelization is a big red light. That's were every once in awhile you can see the little boxes of separate images that make up the whole image. This will accure on heavily scratched or bootlegged DVDs. Also look at the box art very carefully. If there is any color bleeding or blurring that usually means it was photocopied. And look at the box itself, bootleggers usually use cheap boxes that they can buy in mass. The box will just look cheap, not sure how to put it into words but take a box of a DVD that you know isn't bootlegged and compare them, you should be able to see the difference that way.

So, nobody truly knows the song's name... well, having who sings it is a great start. If I find it, I'll let you know, but if you find it first, please let me know the name!!!

Yeah, because they didn't change the credits for the USA release it isn't credited there. It sucks. Dammit Gackt!! Why can't you ever make anything easy for us???

I think i talked.... we discussed.. :eek: somebody argued a lot about this in the Gackt in the Decline Thread...: But we love the man just because of that, dont we? He's complex, we know; we love him...😊

I've seen moonchild...Its great...Now i need to see Last Quarter..Haven't seen it..Some Japanese tourists who tour in Singapore,actually thought that my brother is Hyde..Coz he looks a bit like him..

Last Quarter anyone?

I've seen Moonchild..Its great..Need to see Last Quarter..Haven't seen it..
Some Japanese tourists who tour in Singapore,thought that my brother is Hyde..He looks a bit like hyde from some angle..🙂

Didcha see??

Did cha guys see a scene in which Gacht and Hyde took a picture,Gacht was soooo close to Hyde when he put his arms around Hyde...Is there a chemistry between them?😊

Wow... of course there is! Gackt's soooo inlove with him!!! hyde's married though, but they both like to feed our fantasies...

Orenji no taiyou... I think it could've been a great song.. if it wouldnt be soooo long... and repeating...

Back
Top Bottom