What's new

MEXT Scholarship through University Recommendation

One student (kyoto) is having his quarantine paid for by the U. It sounds like each university will be responsible for arranging it, but the students will have to pay for it.

Tokyo tech will arrange it with a travel agency, but the students can get up to 80,000 yen of it covered by them.

Average cost seems to be about 150000-300000 yen according do some Facebook groups.

One student (kyoto) is having his quarantine paid for by the U. It sounds like each university will be responsible for arranging it, but the students will have to pay for it.

Tokyo tech will arrange it with a travel agency, but the students can get up to 80,000 yen of it covered by them.

Average cost seems to be about 3,000,000 yen according do some Facebook groups.
3,000,000 yen for quarantine???

Here's an example of the quarantine costs.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1626357084776.jpg
    FB_IMG_1626357084776.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 206
Hey buddies,

Is there anyone who is still waiting for the results? Especially for Top Global University categories.

When I send an email to my university, they have just told me that TGU is a different process than university recommendation or embassy recommendation MEXT and they recommended me to wait until early August.

But many people here already heard about the results and I am kinda getting nervous :(

Thank you in advance.

Hey buddies,

Is there anyone who is still waiting for the results? Especially for Top Global University categories.

When I send an email to my university, they have just told me that TGU is a different process than university recommendation or embassy recommendation MEXT and they recommended me to wait until early August.

But many people here already heard about the results and I am kinda getting nervous :(

Thank you in advance.
Stay calm and be safe. Not sure about TGU myself, so all I could do is wishing you good luck!

Hello guys ,,,
Have you received documents from campus by post?..
I have received documents today. I think that delivery by EMS post has been delayed due to limited flights because my university sent me documents on July 6th, but it took around 2 weeks to arrive at my address

I have received documents today. I think that delivery by EMS post has been delayed due to limited flights because my university sent me documents on July 6th, but it took around 2 weeks to arrive at my address
I see, that is true.

What kindS documents have you received from the post?

Regarding quarantine - if you are from a country with a large number of cases, the start of it should be free. For example, British people who enter Japan are put in a hotel for the first six days (Britain has a large number of delta cases), which the government pays for, then they have to quarantine at their residence for the remaining eight days. The "Return to Japan Support Group" on Facebook is a good source of information on quarantine.

Regarding quarantine - if you are from a country with a large number of cases, the start of it should be free. For example, British people who enter Japan are put in a hotel for the first six days (Britain has a large number of delta cases), which the government pays for, then they have to quarantine at their residence for the remaining eight days. The "Return to Japan Support Group" on Facebook is a good source of information on quarantine.
A very good insight indeed, I just hope the government will find a better alternative before we travel, the cost of quarantine on top of other things is a huge expenditure on the MEXT scholars

I also expect to receive similar documents
TiTech sent all documents so far by email. I suspect we won't hear anything about VISA's until after the Olympics.

Do you expect a MEXT scholarship VISA exemption similar to a couple months ago? Hard to judge whether or not we'll actually be able to travel to Japan.

Hi guys,

Anyone hear about departure dates or anything? Sounds like the JET teachers are slowly being informed of their departure dates and are being asked to send their passports to their respective embassies.

Hi guys,

Anyone hear about departure dates or anything? Sounds like the JET teachers are slowly being informed of their departure dates and are being asked to send their passports to their respective embassies.
My arrival was expected between mid-September and early October though some of my MEXT contacts were told by their graduate schools to study online until April.

Keep in mind that the schedule was unofficial and the Ministry of Education has been reported by Waseda to work with other institutions in order for MEXT scholars to arrive in Japan this September. Also, more news was expected at the end of this month according to my graduate school.

In summary, you should consult your school's International Office as the dates could differ between regions and universities.

Hope it helps.

Good morning everyone!
I had a friend, who is also a MEXT scholar, joining the Master's program this Fall semester at RU.
But here's the problem: the Admission procedure required an official graduate certificate, but their graduation was delayed due to the new wave of COVID-19 in our country.
They asked their former university and the graduate certificate would only be available after RU's deadline.

* HERE's the question: I'd like to ask if there is anybody in this group who was in the same situation before. What should they do in this case?

p/s: They're waiting for replies from Internation Center, but as the deadline is on the horizon and access to the postal service in my country is extremely limited atm; any information from you guys would be invaluable.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom