What's new

MEXT Scholarship (Research/Graduate students) 2019

Hey guys! Just wanted to give a quick update. I passed the initial document screening and was invited to take tests at my consulate! Thanks for all the help, and good luck to all of us who are taking the test and interviews!

Hi guys, sorry for not being active!!!:emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_cold_sweat: . I have been quite absorbed working on my research proposal and preparing my documents.. How are U doing??? Finally i have sent them and now all that rest is waiting to see if i passed the first step (documents screening).. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone. Here in Spain deadline is today 4th june.

Hey guys! Just wanted to give a quick update. I passed the initial document screening and was invited to take tests at my consulate! Thanks for all the help, and good luck to all of us who are taking the test and interviews!
Hi Sheermule I was wondering if U don't mind telling me how long it went from the time you send your documents to the notification that you passed the documents screening?? Best of luck!!!

Hi Sheermule I was wondering if U don't mind telling me how long it went from the time you send your documents to the notification that you passed the documents screening?? Best of luck!!!

Hi Montse,

I submitted my application on May 18 and the deadline at my consulate is June 7. My consulate (Boston) offered to pre-review any applications that were handed in early so we could get a chance to correct any mistakes. Luckily I didn't have any, and they let me know quite early (May 29) that I was invited to take the tests/interview! It was a really quick turnaround. From what I understand, at least in the US, applicants are notified either on the day of or the day after the deadline. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Good news on my side, I submitted the paperwork on May 31st before the June 1st deadline. This morning I was emailed that I am moving onto the interview. I got my recommendation letter from my old dean on May 31st, talk about stressful! This also means they took only 1 business day to process the paperwork. Nice!

Has anyone applied to the UK-Japan consulate? Have you already got an email for an interview? I will be applying next year but I just wanted know how long the invitation for an interview from when you send your application.

Good news on my side, I submitted the paperwork on May 31st before the June 1st deadline. This morning I was emailed that I am moving onto the interview. I got my recommendation letter from my old dean on May 31st, talk about stressful! This also means they took only 1 business day to process the paperwork. Nice!
Congrats Domino!

wow...My country seems to not be in a hurry then...our deadline is the 29th of June (Friday)...According to the consulate information , 2 days later they will notify those who qualified and 2 days after that they will carry out the language tests and personal interviews.

For those of you in the US , I guess you will just be taking the Japanese test right?

The deadline is in 10 days here, so I'm finishing up the details and preparing on sending everything in. Only thing I am still debating about is the 'work' part on the main form. They ask if you are currently employed (excluding parttime work) and I am currently working as a freelancer, but also at a restaurant but it is parttime. I've had many jobs but because I recently graduated, nothing fulltime except internships.

Is it correct that you only have to send the original Placement Preference Form without 2 copies? It is strange because all other documents require 2 copies

For the Research Scholarship? I've not seen that requirement somewhere, do you have to provide everything double?

For the Research Scholarship? I've not seen that requirement somewhere, do you have to provide everything double?
Yup, If you look in the guidelines you can see under 9. APPLICATION PROCEDURES that every document requires 1 original and 2 copies. Only for Placement Preference Form it seems that you don't have to submit 2 copies

Hello everyone, Please any nigerian applicants? Our dateline for the embassy recommended application was 8th june n there hasn't been any update ever since.

I think it will take some time to process everything, especially if the amount of applications is high.

I just got conformation that everything is delivered. So now we wait!

Good luck with your application btw, mabye we will meet at the embassy
Perhaps we will! Good luck!

I think it will take some time to process everything, especially if the amount of applications is high.

I just got conformation that everything is delivered. So now we wait!

Perhaps we will! Good luck!

Did you get confirmation from the embassy? I haven't heard anything

Hello everyone, Please any nigerian applicants? Our dateline for the embassy recommended application was 8th june n there hasn't been any update ever since.
Yes, my friend and i applied too. We handed in our applications in person at the embassy and haven't heard back. I read somewhere that first screening will be by August 24???

Yes, my friend and i applied too. We handed in our applications in person at the embassy and haven't heard back. I read somewhere that first screening will be by August 24???

The best for all of you! Patiently waiting for the 2th of July when my embassy will announce who will take the interviews and then proceed to contacting the professors in Japan.
So far this years looks promising as Japan seems to be doing very well economically.

Be patient, we can do this!:emoji_grin:

Still Patiently Waiting. I submitted too. Hopefully we'll hear something in the coming weeks.

Back
Top Bottom