What's new

MEXT: Question; University recommendation and admission fee

Sissada

Registered
15 Mar 2016
Question: I just got accepted to a university and was recommended for the MEXT scholarship. The university asked me to transfer nearly 300,000 yen for the admission fee to secure my position for the MEXT. Is this regular procedure? I've never of this regulation before. Wouldn't it be weird for a university to ask money from a student who doesn't have money and is asking for a scholarship from the uni.....?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2559-03-15 at 9.40.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2559-03-15 at 9.40.59 PM.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 283
Question: I just got accepted to a university and was recommended for the MEXT scholarship. The university asked me to transfer nearly 300,000 yen for the admission fee to secure my position for the MEXT. Is this regular procedure? I've never of this regulation before. Wouldn't it be weird for a university to ask money from a student who doesn't have money and is asking for a scholarship from the uni.....?

Hi! I have been university recommended for the scholarship and did not have to do anything like this. It could depend on the school though. May I ask what university?

Hi there,
Are you applying for the October Term in your university? I also applied for the term and has just got accepted to Osaka University a couple of weeks ago. May I ask what university you are applying to? I'm also acknowledged that I am recommended for the MEXT scholarship by my university. I do not have to transfer anything. Maybe different schools have different policy:?

@Sissada I've been recommended to MEXT by Nagoya university too. Generally, you will have to pay the registration fee to make sure your enrollment. However, nominees for MEXT at my school are exempted from this. All I need to do is to fill in a form stating that I agree to take their admission offer. I think it's a little bit strange for your case but yeah it may vary depends on your school policy.

@Collagen18 hi there, are you Vietnamese too? Finally found some one speaking the same language in this forum.

@Sissada I've been recommended to MEXT by Nagoya university too. Generally, you will have to pay the registration fee to make sure your enrollment. However, nominees for MEXT at my school are exempted from this. All I need to do is to fill in a form stating that I agree to take their admission offer. I think it's a little bit strange for your case but yeah it may vary depends on your school policy.

@Collagen18 hi there, are you Vietnamese too? Finally found some one speaking the same language in this forum.
Hiiiiiiiiii, I'm just really happy to find a Vietnamese here who will attend a Japan school in October. Are you attending grad school or undergrad school in Nagoya?

Hiiiiiiiiii, I'm just really happy to find a Vietnamese here who will attend a Japan school in October. Are you attending grad school or undergrad school in Nagoya?
I will go to Nagoya Grad School of Economics this October. Really nice to e-meet you. I'm Trang. I'll send you private message so we'll not interrupt this thread ^^.
Edited: it seems like you limit your privacy and I cannot access to your profile page so feel free to contact me.
@Sissada I've just have a look at the message you got from your school and it says: Admission fee could be reimbursed once you got the scholarship so I think it should be fine here. Please note that most Japan universities require admission fee/registration fee up to that amount.

Hi there,
Are you applying for the October Term in your university? I also applied for the term and has just got accepted to Osaka University a couple of weeks ago. May I ask what university you are applying to? I'm also acknowledged that I am recommended for the MEXT scholarship by my university. I do not have to transfer anything. Maybe different schools have different policy:?

Hello there collagen, I was notified too last December 2015 that I was accepted by Osaka U Graduate school of Engineering and recommended for MEXT and this January 2016 took my email-based exam (for MEXT) and by mid February was notified again that I was accepted by Osaka U and then selected as final candidate for MEXT. By first week of March Osaka U sent me application form, pledge and Research Proposal form (I forgot the real name for this form but this intends us to write a proposal). Then my sensei asked for the nearest airport in my place and to which airport I would prefer to land. (Osaka or Kansai)

I am still waiting though for the final result. I've read blogs wherein they said that if they asked for pledge form it means that you already have a shot on it.

Hello there collagen, I was notified too last December 2015 that I was accepted by Osaka U Graduate school of Engineering and recommended for MEXT and this January 2016 took my email-based exam (for MEXT) and by mid February was notified again that I was accepted by Osaka U and then selected as final candidate for MEXT. By first week of March Osaka U sent me application form, pledge and Research Proposal form (I forgot the real name for this form but this intends us to write a proposal). Then my sensei asked for the nearest airport in my place and to which airport I would prefer to land. (Osaka or Kansai)

I am still waiting though for the final result. I've read blogs wherein they said that if they asked for pledge form it means that you already have a shot on it.
t

Hello DezireeAngel, I got accepted to OU undergraduate school, biochemistry program (CBCMP). I was notified about the acceptance in mid-March. Recently the admission office asked me to submit my PLEDGE form and other stuff necessary for MEXT. I will have to join an interview on 17th this month. They said this interview is necessary for MEXT. The school also said that their nominees all received MEXT in the past. I'm still worried, though.

Our preparation process is somehow similar. Wish you best luck! I'm really looking forward to visiting OU campus!

t

Hello DezireeAngel, I got accepted to OU undergraduate school, biochemistry program (CBCMP). I was notified about the acceptance in mid-March. Recently the admission office asked me to submit my PLEDGE form and other stuff necessary for MEXT. I will have to join an interview on 17th this month. They said this interview is necessary for MEXT. The school also said that their nominees all received MEXT in the past. I'm still worried, though.

Our preparation process is somehow similar. Wish you best luck! I'm really looking forward to visiting OU campus!

Wow! Congratulations then :)
In graduate school, (if thru University recommendation) interview comes first as part of preliminary and secondary screening. If passed, then they will be subjected to an email-based exam within 24hour. I hope would be able to get both the scholarship. See you around soon?

Wow! Congratulations then :)
In graduate school, (if thru University recommendation) interview comes first as part of preliminary and secondary screening. If passed, then they will be subjected to an email-based exam within 24hour. I hope would be able to get both the scholarship. See you around soon?
Thank you!
I'm a bit confused about what you said. Maybe grad school and undergrad school have different procedures? They just asked me to do an interview. There seems to be nothing else...

Did you have to join an interview when you applied to OU? When I applied and passed the first round, I had to come to their office in Thailand for the interview. I also did a test on basic knowledge of science there. Now I have another interview for MEXT. That's all I know....
See you too! I'm really excited to study at OU!!!

Thank you!
I'm a bit confused about what you said. Maybe grad school and undergrad school have different procedures? They just asked me to do an interview. There seems to be nothing else...

Did you have to join an interview when you applied to OU? When I applied and passed the first round, I had to come to their office in Thailand for the interview. I also did a test on basic knowledge of science there. Now I have another interview for MEXT. That's all I know....
See you too! I'm really excited to study at OU!!!

Yes, undergraduate and graduate differ in their screening procedure, and also differs if thru embassy or thru University recommendation. Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom