What's new

Marijuana and hashish become legal in Japan, after America

However, I am not agree with the government that supervise its people even via their mobile phones!
I believe a government must be the servant of its people, be concerned about their fortune and health and protect them against harmful factors.
I also believe removing ban from hashish and marijuana is not a good policy. These drugs infect people.

@Mansoor, what exactly do the drugs infect people with?

Your biggest fallacy is believing that making something illegal is a deterrent. As long as drugs exist, people will continue to do them, and the repercussions of harsh sentences for petty drug crimes have been shown to be more costly on both a personal and national scale than decriminalizing.

Look at Portugal:
14 Years After Decriminalizing All Drugs, Here's What Portugal Looks Like - Mic
Why hardly anyone dies from a drug overdose in Portugal - The Washington Post
https://www.drugpolicy.org/sites/default/files/DPA_Fact_Sheet_Portugal_Decriminalization_Feb2015.pdf

Decriminalizing all drugs (including drugs much harder than cannabis) has led to a DECLINE in drug use, and a decline in health issues associated with risky drug use (like sharing needles). Drugs are still technically illegal, but people no longer have to worry about getting thrown in jail for possession and having their lives ruined by having a criminal record.

In the US, criminalizing drugs has done little to slow the spread of drugs, but it sure has kept our law enforcement busy, and has led to the US wasting billions of dollars on our criminal justice system.

Treating drugs as a HEALTH issue instead of a criminal one is clearly smart governance. It certainly is the government's duty to protect and serve its people, but it can't make all their decisions for them. Like a good parent, the government should provide as much truthful information to people about things like drugs and sex, but it's up to the individual whether they'll partake.

There may be many negative consequences to taking drugs, but it's not the government's job to make things worse for those who make that decision for themselves.

I had a dream years ago. in the dream I first observed drugs as a very aggressive, rapid, and black dog with the wholly red eyes. it attacked the people that were watching it. I saw the horrible and huge dog jumped up and bit the throat some of the audiences and took them down. in rest of the dream I saw I left the place and was walking in a dark and narrow side walk of a very quiet street. I felt something was following me in the darkness of the night and was coming close and closer every moment. I turned and looked at the distance in the darkness (oh I still scare of the horrendous shape that I saw in the dark). I saw a very horrifying monster with the white and long hairs which they were spread around his head and face. his cold and pitiless face had a black color just like coal with wrinkled and thick skin and with two wide and hateful eyes. his body was skinny with two thin hand and very long fingers and nails. After it realized that I have saw and recognized him, it began running toward me ferociously to grab me. I began running unlike its direction to the end of the the side walk as well, where I saw a fixed light. When I reached the light I realized it was a police station. An Iranian police with a gun stood in front of the station door at attention and a golden sign of the Islamic republic of Iran that was shining was in front of his helmet. before I reach the station I shouted at the guard horrified:" Shoot..Shoot... take it down...shoot it!" The police that noticed my sound and also saw the monster in the darkness sat on one of his knees, took up his gun, aimed and shot! While the monster was running to catch me, inattention to the guard, was hit. The bullet hit his head and it turned and fell down just in front of the station, with a horrible voice. While it was dying with the wide open eyes, I saw something like mashed herb or cantaloupe juice exited from its mouth and was poured on the ground. in that situation, I woke up horrified.

Tomorrow afternoon I saw polices attacked the hideouts of a few drug dealers in a neighborhood and arrested them.

This happened about 20 years ago. Although at the time Iran hadn't a the notable drug dealers, nonetheless the majority of the drug dealers were eliminated. Iran is now the securest country against drugs and has the most experienced,alerted and intelligent police organization that control the borders and cities of Iran against probable importers drug. The majority of drugs trafficking ( sadly from Afghanistan borders) are discovered by Iranian police and Iran is considered as the most prominent country in the fight against drugs in the United Nation Organization.

Last edited:
uh, so your stance on drugs is based... on a dream you had 20 years ago?

OK, I'm done.

wait no I'm not, cause that last hyperbolic statement made me curious about Iran's state of affairs... surprise surprise, Iran has a huge ongoing drug problem! Pretty much the only part of your entire post that WASN'T a dream was that a majority of the drugs seem to be coming from Afghanistan.

As long as there is demand, there will be supply. As long as drugs are criminalized, the black market will continue to produce and supply drugs. Criminalization only further victimizes people who fall into addiction, and costs the taxpayers BILLIONS of dollars.

Crime in Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Drug abuse in Iran on rise despite executions, police raids | The Times of Israel

Breaking bad in Tehran: how Iran got a taste for crystal meth | World news | The Guardian

The other religion

Out of the Shadows: Iran's Evolving Approach to Drug Addiction

The west medias deliberately try to zoom on a minority problems exist in Iran. They never reports the numerous and great gifts and strengths that are in Iran after Islamic revolution but they try to find the smallest defects that are seen in s small corner of a street or alley. Finding such failures in other societies among US is not a difficult action, while the crimes in Iran is very lower in compare with the western countries.
The educational and cultural and also security systems and organizations in Iran endeavor to protect Iranian youths against flood of western culture and concepts that the decriminalization of hashish and marijuana is a sample of them!
Nonetheless somebodies in the west try hardly to penetrate Islamic society of Iran and damage our youths' belief and morality. Unlike the endeavor of Iran in charges that try to train Iranian youths as the best and clearest diamonds, somebodies in abroad try to inure some of the persons to drugs.

Although I didn't study the maliciously news that you introduced, but I have to inform you not only they are not accurate and corresponding with realities completely, but those who spread this extreme news wanted to demonizing the society of Iran and thus cover the righteousness, humanity, popularity, high belief, culture and the honorable people that Iran has.

Sadly Iran is unknown for many people of the world due to the demonizing that western medias have done versus Iranian.
Yes, I say, like other countries, Iran has a scant number of addicts but they are not many and I believe, the most of them are victim of the foreign plans and are those who didn't follow the life- saving principles of their country, were tempted and deceived and just followed their own desires.

Last edited:
I didn't bring up Iran, YOU did. I did some cursory research and found several articles from various sources talking about Iran's drug problem to refute your spurious claims. I didn't bring this up randomly to talk down about Iran.

It's no surprise that Iran has a drug problem, just like it's no surprise that America or Britain or ANY country has a drug problem. Even Portugal, who I praised for their policy change, still has a drug problem to a certain extent, but their policy has substantially improved the situation in their country, whereas countries like Iran, or the Philippines, or Thailand and other SE Asian countries with incredibly harsh punishments for drug-related crimes STILL have worsening drug problems. Strict anti-drug policies, like abstinence-only education, have proven to be relatively ineffective.

Drug problems know no borders; your nationalism means less than nothing to heroin. Drugs exist and people do them. You can either acknowledge that the policies a government chooses to employ in dealing with such problems have major implications for the individuals involved--and society as a whole--or stick your head back in the sand and continue to ignore reality.

I provided several articles that I actually went to the trouble of reading, that you outright refused to read, but then dismissed out of hand as propaganda. You've shown that you have no respect for me or this discussion.

NOW I'm done.

Last edited:
Everyday I see some groups of European tourists travel to Iran (I see their buses in my city or see them are visiting ancient places). Many of them are surprised and say:" We wonder that Iran is very different with what we heard about that in our country. Iran is nice and its people are very cultural and honorable. We now realize that how much the reality of Iran and Iranian is different with the wrong information that western medias offered us."

Those tourists were right. If you travel to Iran, I bet you will praise Iran and wish to travel to Iran many times.

@Mansoor, I'm sure I would, and that has NOTHING to do with this discussion. Your grip on reality is tenable at best, and I'm not going to waste any more energy engaging you in this thread.

Thank you nice gaijin

It is good you know, I don't think nationalism
and racism. These are the cause of distance and separation. But I believe every people live in its own home as a family and people of the world live in a neighborhood namely Earth. I think there are a series of relationship and even friendship between the families in a neighborhood or village. Every family is respectable and its rights must be observed. Also the people of a neighborhood must help each other and if a family is in a difficulty must be helped to get rid the problem.

Why I created this topic? Because I wanted to critique a people? No, I didn't. I just critiqued the drugs that hurt people. I said, people must avoid these substances that not only target their health but hurt their characters and thoughts.

Of course somebodies believe it is harmless, but the truths say something else ( I explained before).

1_123125_2126996_2279939_2293542_110512_tech_cool3_tn.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

There is not any doubt about harms of marijuana and hashish. Finding a few exceptional thing is not the reason that marijuana is harmless. Although it is not clear that the old woman is not a mental -ill now!
Marijuana has two kind damages:
1- Biological harms
2- mental and spiritual harms.
I discussed a little about both of these harms and now you can see its long and short term effects:

SHORT-TERM EFFECTS
  • Sensory distortion
  • Panic
  • Anxiety
  • Poor coordination of movement
  • Lowered reaction time
  • After an initial "up," the user feels sleepy or depressed
  • Increased heartbeat (and risk of heart attack)
LONG-term effects of marijuana
  • Reduced resistance to common illnesses (colds, bronchitis, etc.)
  • Suppression of the immune system
  • Growth disorders
  • Increase of abnormally structured cells in the body
  • Reduction of male sex hormones
  • Rapid destruction of lung fibers and lesions (injuries) to the brain could be permanent
  • Reduced sexual capacity
  • Study difficulties: reduced ability to learn and retain information
  • Apathy, drowsiness, lack of motivation
  • Personality and mood changes
  • Inability to understand things clearly
"I started using on a lark, a dare from a best friend who said that I was too chicken to smoke a joint and drink a quart of beer. I was fourteen at that time. After seven years of using and drinking I found myself at the end of the road with addiction. I was no longer using to feel euphoria, I was just using to feel some semblance of normality.

"Then I started having negative feelings about myself and my own abilities. I hated the paranoia. I hated looking over my shoulder all the time. I really hated not trusting my friends. I became so paranoid that I successfully drove everyone away and found myself in the terrible place no one wants to be in—I was alone. I'd wake up in the morning and start using and keep using throughout the day." —Paul

Last edited:
"Finding a few exceptional thing is not the reason that marijuana is harmless." you wrote.

Well finding a few exceptional thing is not the reason that marijuana is harmful, either!

And with this post I will say good-bye to this thread. :)

P.S.: The thread title is misleading.

Mansoor if you aren't gonna cite your sources I'll thank you to stop pretending you're presenting real facts and not some anti-drug propaganda.

I think the fisherman would love to have hemp made rope and why they can't have it remains a mystery.

Hello there! Sorry for resurrecting an old topic, but I have a question. Is it legal in Japan right now? The thing is - I'm a medical marijuana user. Usually I buy this stuff from Brooklyn, NY Medical Marijuana Delivery Service without any problems. Because in the USA it's completely legal. I buy this stuff, they deliver it right to my front door and I can enjoy a sweet joint before bedtime. But how will it work in Japan? Are medical marijuana usage restricted there? I've read about it on the internet, and they say that buying marijuana in Japan still is considered as a crime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there! Sorry for resurrecting an old topic, but I have a question. Is it legal in Japan right now? The thing is - I'm a medical marijuana user. Usually I buy this stuff from Brooklyn, NY Medical Marijuana Delivery Service without any problems. Because in the USA it's completely legal. I buy this stuff, they deliver it right to my front door and I can enjoy a sweet joint before bedtime. But how will it work in Japan? Are medical marijuana usage restricted there? I've read about it on the internet, and they say that buying marijuana in Japan still is considered as a crime.

If you need your medicine, Japan is not a good fit for you yet. It's not even "completely legal" in the USA.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am hoping, after researching various law and fighting cases in the States, to understand Japanese law and how the government is structured. If it's a prefecture issue, per constitution, I will be rallying Okinawa to make the move to be the first recreational/medicinal prefecture.

Japan rendered Okinawa pretty useless as a potato farm after WWII. It's good with tourism... but legal marijuana will definitely help the people and maybe double our local earnings to give a UBI to residents here with the taxation to close the gap between minimum wage here and in Mainland.

Please chime in if you know how the government is structured for a starting point. I'm still up to my ears in legal proceedings in the US with some issues... but it'll give me a starting point when they come to a close, hopefully, next month.

It seems cannabis give users an untrue enjoyment and take them into an imaginary and fantastic world. As far as I know the user laugh unreasonably and stare at a point for minutes. He lose his true understanding of things and places.

Years ago ( before the Islamic revolution of Iran, in the Shah season) one of the users told me:

one night that moon was in the sky, I and some of my friends went close to a mountain and used hashish. After it affect my brain, I supposed, I and those friends are in another planet! I didn't know how we had traveled to the unknown planet but I just thought we were there!
I supposed the moon was the earth that we came from! I looked around (oh this damn space key of the keyboard stick down alternatively and annoy me. I should decide to buy a new one in the future)...

Yes he told, I looked around to see where our spacecraft is, but I didn't see any spaceship! In the situation I frightened and supposed we have trapped in the planet forever and will never able to go back to the earth! At the time, I remembered my poor mother who will never can meet me again and I began crying!

One of the friends asked, whats the hell, why you are crying? As I gestured to the moon replied, the spacecraft has gone, now, how we can go back to the earth? I should go home...He laughed and laughed for minutes nonstop as he couldn't breath!...

He also told me another story:

He told, one night I and those friends used cannabis as we were traveling in a road. After a while the friend who was driving said, I'm tired I can't drive anymore, let to stop beside the road and nap a little. We agreed and he stopped somewhere beside the road for resting. All the friends slept except me. I just stared at the road for a long time

As I was staring at the road I felt the car is moving slowly. I felt that the speed of the car was increasing every moment. the minutes later, I felt the car is moving about 200 miles!! At the time I supposed my friend is waken and is driving, but when I looked at him to alert him about his high speed, I saw he was asleep!!

I began shaking him hardly and shout at him fearfully, stop stop!!

My poor friend woke up frightened and began pressing his leg on the brake pedal quickly and repeatedly, because he supposed he was driving and went asleep!!

Yes, these stories tell us about the effects of the cannabis on mid which how it takes the user away from realities of time, place and things.

Sounds more like LSD to me as hash wouldn't make you trip that much. Sounds like he had a fun time though :)

I am hoping, after researching various law and fighting cases in the States, to understand Japanese law and how the government is structured. If it's a prefecture issue, per constitution, I will be rallying Okinawa to make the move to be the first recreational/medicinal prefecture.

Japan rendered Okinawa pretty useless as a potato farm after WWII. It's good with tourism... but legal marijuana will definitely help the people and maybe double our local earnings to give a UBI to residents here with the taxation to close the gap between minimum wage here and in Mainland.

Please chime in if you know how the government is structured for a starting point. I'm still up to my ears in legal proceedings in the US with some issues... but it'll give me a starting point when they come to a close, hopefully, next month.
Culturally, marijuana is about the last drug that the Japanese government would want to encourage.

It goes completely against the gambaru mentality that is instilled into the Japanese population. The prospect of making available a drug that encourages physical inertia and removes people's everyday filters, making them completely content to examine the grain on a piece of wood for hours on end as if seeing it for the first time, would fill the average lawmaker or boss with horror. I mean, what the hell is the point of a person if they are not working or consuming?

Fishing rope was made with him prior to the United States telling the joke Japanese government to cool it but I don't know if they really smoked it but my opinion there's some medical uses for it it's obviously a lot safer then mache alcohol at least that's how I feel

Back
Top Bottom