What's new

Looks and Dating

I have lots of friends 😊 . Females too. just can't seem to attract women who speak more than one language???? Doesn't matter I have a G/F but:

Looks are the 1st impression when you open your mouth is the second.
"OMG he/she is hott, wait what did he/she just say?"

I really don't like the assumption that beautiful people have no personality and brains. Have you noticed how guys often see a pretty girl and automatically think she is only interested in fashion and getting laid...(I apologise for this expression) And what about a handsome guy? We often think that he must be a womaniser...I hate stereotypes!

When you meet a person, you do appreciate a beautiful face and a fit body. It's totally natural. But the most important thing is personality. It doesn't matter if you are pretty/handsome or not if talking to you is like talking to a brick. I have met many people who considered themselves unattractive and many beautiful people. I can't say that all good-looking people had awful personalities...I can't say that all unattractive people were bright. There is no relationship between your face and your personality and IQ level.

When it comes to looks women are the more attractive and beautiful than men. With that, it can be said that men are more fussy than women are about looks. However, there are some women who are just as guilty as men are. I should know because I've met them. I'm not singling out just one group here, but it seems to me American women obess more about physical attraction than women from other countries. However, I believe a lot of American men are the same way too.

However, I feel that the moral majority of people in the world, including American, care more about the personality than looks. Actually you can gauge a person's personality by their comments on looks. If they're all about looks, you know right off the bat they're a bit on the shallow side. Too bad they're the ones that end up high and dry. As they say it's better to have a relationship with somebody who is average looking, great in bed, and has a beautiful personality, than somebody who is physical beautiful but lacks in all other areas.

Doc

I agree with you when you say women can be just as bad as men about being superficial. I would say both American men and American women are bad because of our society's images of what is ideal. People lose touch with reality. Reality doesn't look like airbrushed images of Heidi Klum or Gisele Bundchen, Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise. They are thrust in our faces everyday, though, and it leads to many people having unrealistic expectations of what their mate should look like. Oh, I don't want to get started...

kirei_na_me said:
I agree with you when you say women can be just as bad as men about being superficial. I would say both American men and American women are bad because of our society's images of what is ideal. People lose touch with reality. Reality doesn't look like airbrushed images of Heidi Klum or Gisele Bundchen, Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise. They are thrust in our faces everyday, though, and it leads to many people having unrealistic expectations of what their mate should look like. Oh, I don't want to get started...

Oh don't worry I feel the same way. Like you I don't want to get started on the whole issue so that's why I quiet when I was still ahead of myself. ;-)

Doc

kirei_na_me said:
I would say both American men and American women are bad because of our society's images of what is ideal. People lose touch with reality.

Oh, I wouldn't know about that. I think whether you go to Argentina, China, Japan, Korea, Nigeria, Denmark, or India you will find the same superificialness when it comes to dating. It's just human nature to draw towards someone who looks pleasing to the eye.

canadian_kor said:
Oh, I wouldn't know about that. I think whether you go to Argentina, China, Japan, Korea, Nigeria, Denmark, or India you will find the same superificialness when it comes to dating. It's just human nature to draw towards someone who looks pleasing to the eye.

That is very true, but I feel Americans are a lot more worse than other countries. With the way the media and Hollywood protray the way people look it's no wonder the divorce rates are so high. (50%)

Doc

Back
Top Bottom