What's new

Internet Dating Services

Goodluck trying my friend, but don't let it make you crazy okay, someday you will find the woman, maybe I can hook you up next year...

this thread makes me come up with something I once heard:
When you are looking for love, it's hard to get.
But when you are Not looking for love, it's easy to get...

Hey there friend, I don't think internet dating services are that bad, ones like match.com, we put my bro in law on a marriage site and he got a lot of responses, it's normally free to post your profile etc but you have to pay to access the messages, monthly, bi-annually, annually etc. They kinda sit in the inbox tantalising you until you can't resist and end up paying to read them. But I'd do what Androo said, post a profile here and there, if you get any messages, check out their profile and if you think it's worthwhile, sign up to send/recieve a message...you never know...
I hope you find what you're looking for.
Peace.

Never mind Mikawa, it is good that you are trying.

Blind dates can go either way. At least on the dating site you can find out a little about people before you meet them.
I tried a few things before I had any luck, so try not to worry if things go wrong sometimes. Keep the faith!

- Rich

Yes, I have been on two omiai blind date things that friends have set up, and I have yet to come to much sucess.

I think I'll be trying these internet services a little more now that nothing else is planned at this point in time.

I'm still looking...but lately I have been a little optimistic for no apparent reason. Thanks everyone for your encouragement!

I am not a big fan of blind date, but others may have much better experiences than me, anyway good luck Mikawa Ossan!
:romance: 🌹

johncena said:
Japanese girls are simply crazy about sex.
Plain stupid races.

please do not say all Japanese girls, but a part of them! Stop bashing japanese girls!

Hmmm.... I didn't know this thread was about Mikawa-san's pursuit of love of his life. 😊

Why are you so in need of dating services in the first place? Although my experiences are mostly from decades ago, I've never seen a Westerner having problems looking for a girlfriend. Also, there's "go-kon" and professional matchmaking services. Maybe, there are special requirements you want that you're not telling? :?

Personally, I think love comes when you're not looking for it. I've never met anyone nice on a blind date and whatever luck I ever had in my past came when I least expected it... Take it easy, Mikawa-san! The girl you're looking for may be the person who sits next to you on a train who happens to pick up a pen you dropped... 😌

Hello! Things have been a little busy over here as of late, and they show little sign of letting up until at least after Golden Week (the first week in May).

But here's a little update:

As incredible as it may (and does) seem, I have a girlfriend now! It's a rather strange story, and it had absolutely nothing to do with the internet or any other dating services, ironically.

We met quite recently at a hanami get-together in a local park. There was a group of about 10 of us, I guess, and I knew only one person, an ex-coworker of mine who invited me. So I met this girl, she seemed interesting, and we exchanged info. So one thing leads to another, and now we're dating.

(That's right, I left all the strange details out! I'm not that much of an exhibitionist. As it is, literally anyone who joins Jref can read all about this, and that's a weird feeling. I feel that for her sake it is best not to talk too much about her publically. Sorry!)

Thank you everyone for your warm support up to this point! There's no telling how long it will last, but at least I have a start. Wish me luck! I wish nothing but the best for all of you!

Mikawa Ossan said:
OK, so I've given it a lot of thought, and I've started to contemplate using an internet dating service to find a mate. I'm considering other alternatives as well, but for the time being, my question is:
Do you have any experience with internet dating services?
What do you think of them? Are they worth the bother?
And, do you have any advice for using them?
okay in order
not a service but a boyfrind
they suck they are hard and you have to really find someone for them to be worth it
not really
be careful if your going to do this☝

but of course that all depends on the person...it's more personall i'm sure

Last edited:
Congratulations Mika!!! I am really Happy for you, and hope it will work out good!

I got a smile on my face after reading this news

I don't know how much I'll be here on Jref for a while, but that has nothing to do with my girl. You see, she is very busy when I have free time, and I am busy when she has free time. So we figure we'll be able to see each other once every couple of weeks at most for the time being.

But that's OK.

Thank you everyone once again for your kind support! That must be why this is the only forum I've been able to stay with....Jref is like a big family!

nurizeko said:
A big wierd family you wouldnt want to take your girlfriend to meet. :p

HA!!! I'll second that! :D

Even though I've been as big a cynic of Internet dating as anyone, I'm pleased that you got lucky, Mikawa. Good luck to you and your significant other!

👍

Mikawa, there's another site here

First of all I couldn't find out are you searching for some kind of proffesional online dating services,
but anyway I'm giving you one international date site, which is absolutely free indeed and is at a good level in my opinion.
What I mean by absolutely free is that not only the registration is free, but instant messaging too.
the site is linked here:
www.sladurana.com
You can give it a try.
I have registration there too.
I'd like to share with you I've been searching for common japanese dating sites - but I couldn't find any free. As far as I knew only the registration was free, after that you have to pay if you want to write to someone.
If I'm on a right way and I understand correctly what you are searching for - I can share some experience of mine about dating sites.
Please mind that the way people are acting in these site is dependent from their nationality.
In my opinion these sites are better to use from the people to 20-23 years of age. B'cos they are young and still don't have very clear opinion what they are looking for - and for them it is not a problem to meet someone for the party .
But when it comes to serious intentions becomes a little harder to find a person with the same intentions. most of the people are there just for chat in the free time they have when they are at work, or at home.
Personally for me, I'm chatting may be for 7 years or even more and in the beginning I had some dates with boys I had met in the virtual space :) but now almost nothing can make me go out with a man from the dating sites....
I don't know , may be I'm getting old... :)
Regards, Ashanti

You're not yet old enough Ashanti-san. :) Like Mikawa Ossan, it will come to you unexpectedly...;) Either I, never be bothered by my age to seek for a lifetime partner, it just a matter of patience. I know somewhere along the road, I'll meet my soulmate, if not... so be it...:D
Anyway, congrats Mikawa Ossan and good luck.

Thanks! I wouldn't get all excited and start calling my girlfriend my "soulmate" at this point, but I appreciate your support! We're going to get together this weekend, so I'm pretty happy about that, you can be sure though!

Well... as they say: nice things happens to nice guys ^^
Still, I wouldn't trust a dating site because I've seen how some of my "acquaintances" acted when trying to pick up a girl/guy online... made me feel sick...

Sharing some personal notes about virtual dating...

Hi folks,
how would you find that?:
recently I have spoken with a german friend of mine who told me Germany and Japan were the last two countries in the list of world birth rate! In the first moment this seemed to me very strange indeed b'cos these are countries with good life-style, good life-level.
When I asked him why did he think this was the statistic - he replied me in a very interesting way: in according to the opinion of the Social Science this fact is a fact b'cos people are feeling material ensured and that's why they don't bother about the old age; Also children are life-end contract and put a lot of personal limitations.
It is interesting to me how japanese would reply to that? When you are chatting and dating, nowadays, do you find something is being changed? Does INDIVIDUALITY impose on people's mind? Does it anyhow relate to people's love behaviour and understanding for what and what for it should be one relationship. What is the japanese attitude to marriage, to serious relationships, to those with foreigners also?
Any opinions?

Mikawa Ossan said:
We're going to get together this weekend, so I'm pretty happy about that, you can be sure though!
Yeah, never happened.

I'm back on the meat market.

But I feel pretty good about things in general now. Who knows? This just might turn out to be my year after all!

Jep thats a big problem in Germany but it's changing to the better we already have more births here ,than in the UK now and hopefully the birthrate will keep rising^^
I'll do my best to help:p 👍

Back
Top Bottom